Eliminating White Bread and White Sugar

Options
123457»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    The majority of people that i know who have lost a lot of weight gave up white bread , butter and potatoes completley so that probably gives you an idea of the harm to your health that those foods do.
    Tell that to my 90 year old italian grandmother who never got over 100 lbs and was a size 1 her entire life eating all white carbs every single day.

Same here.... My grandma had Archway sugar cookies at all times on the kitchen table and ate braunschweiger on white bread for lunch just about daily and I can't remember a meal coming off her table at dinner time that did not include some form of White Potatoes that was fried in lard (yes a straight up bucket of lard use to sit right by the stove she cooked everything with it, lady made some of the best homemade pies with lard in the crust) Both my grandparents were rail thin (grandpa was 6ft. 2in and weight 170lbs. and she was 5ft. 4in. and weighed 120 lbs, and both lived into there 90's) Both ate ice cream every night before bed... I lost over 300 pounds with white bread, pasta and potatoes as a staple in my diet along with pure cane sugar... When it comes right down to it, no foods can be single out as the reason any of us ever got fat, over weight, obese... It had everything to do with the copious amounts of any foods that was consumed was the reason and it is that plain and simple... Are there more nutritious food than other? Yes but lets not alienate White bread and sugar.... There is no need too, if you prefer whole grains over white breads and pasta than that comes down to personal choice.....
  • Nikkisfitblog
    Nikkisfitblog Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against what people choose to fill their macros with... white, brown, purple...whatever. I do however, have a issue with the words "i believe" this worked because I ate this. Science is not a faith... just because you "believe" in something doesn't make it right. In fact science is right whether you believe in it or not...