What you "CAN'T" eat anymore?

Options

Replies

• GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I generally try to be selective and to allow "junk" food in my diet that I enjoy. I find that the low quality junk food I used to eat all the time doesn't really taste good now. I prefer the higher quality and more expensive versions i.e. local bakery of treats compared to packaged cookies, local in-house made ice cream vs baskin robins. It's just as unhealthful but at least it tastes better and is generally a more enjoyable experience.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, and dairy. As long as I can do it in a healthy way and feel good, I feel obligated to stay vegan, and a couple of weeks ago when I ended up eating vegetarian (dairy and eggs) I felt really sick and had a foul taste in my mouth that night and the next day anyway. Not to mention I still feel bad about it.

Anything anyone else cooks. Exceptions abound. I'm going to an Indian restaurant tomorrow. It's going to be delicious and I'm looking forward to it. But for every day, I want to cook for myself, from scratch.

Anything processed and packaged or canned. I did too much reading on the insects and insect excretions that accidentally and deliberately find their way into our food. It's just disgusting and shouldn't ever have been allowed. That, or our society should embrace the eating of insects and admit to it on the packaging, in plain English. The words "Contains no more than %2 insect parts and rodent feces." on every label would cause the cookie aisle to empty out considerably.

As a disgusting example:

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29133/how-much-rodent-filth-does-fda-allow

Canned mushrooms: Canned mushrooms can include more than 20 maggots “of any size” and 75 mites, per 100 grams. Same goes for 15 grams of dried mushrooms. No more than 10% of your mushrooms can be “decomposed.”

And I will be learning to grind my own cinnamon starting today:

For every 100 grams of ground cinnamon, it’s OK to include 400 or more insect fragments (legs, heads, wings, thoraxes, etc.), and 22 or more rodent hairs—a substance the FDA charmingly refers to as “rodent filth.”

Frozen berries are also off the menu:

Up to 60 percent of frozen berries can be moldy, with an average of 4 or more larvae, or 10 or more whole insects, per 500 grams. To give you an idea of what that means for you: most pie recipes call for about 550 grams (5 cups) of berries.

There's more, for anyone who feels like not having an appetite this lovely morning.
  • AdamJBischoff
    Options
    I eat everything I want that fits in with my daily calorie limit. *-* And I feel so much better than eating too much.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    McD food makes my tummy hurt. Not eaten it in about 5 years and scared to try now.
  • LovelyValentina
    Options
    Every time I went to McDonald's I'd order a Big Mac meal with large fries and a giant chocolate milkshake, and I'd hoover up any of my friends/families spare fries. Often I'd finish off with a super sweet chocolately Mcflurry even if I'd already be stuffed. Even if I'd eaten less than three hours previous.
    Just typing it makes me want to gag haha, I'm preparing a nice quorn burger for lunch as I type.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I haven't denied myself anything. But….

Fast food… Did Wendy's one night with the family. I ordered a grilled chicken (trying to go for the healthiest option) and felt LOUSY afterward. Subway was slightly better, at least I didn't feel sick… but I still didn't feel right.

Boxed dinners (Hamburger Helper, Homestyle Bakes, etc). Not much flavor (except salt) and did NOT satisfy me at all. I was hungry again 30 minutes later.

Snack cakes (Like Hostess or Little Debbie… tasted like cardboard. Not to mention, DAMN! high in calories. So, not worth it. I prefer homemade cakes or brownies if I'm going to indulge like that. And even then… maybe one piece and I'm done (with the whole pan… not just for that setting.)

Cheap candy (tootsie rolls, frooties, anything you can buy in bulk). If I'm going to eat chocolate… it's gonna be the good stuff.

Large amounts of … well, anything.

Haven't tried soda in several months… I'd be curious to see how to tastes to me now.
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Diet soda.
    I was a Diet Coke junky forever and now the thought just grosses me out.
    I dont think its the sugar factor, because i still love my sweets but i think more of the thought of the scary chemicals that they put in soda that are linked to cancers and dimentia. Sometimes I cant believe i smoked and drank so many diet cokes in HS and College!
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Soda, makes my stomach hurt pretty bad. Dairy, causes sinus inflammation. Sugar, causes pain everywhere!
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Any burgers from BK (especially the Whopper - my fav), McD's, Wendy's, Five Guys. I had a Whopper last month and it just didn't taste right...so disappointing because I used to use these foods to hit my calories on days/weeks when I wasn't able to eat anything. In fact, even when we make hamburgers at home, I cannot finish them, the meat is just too thick no matter how thin we make them.
  • KatieKansan
    KatieKansan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Its not eat for me its drink.. I was a Dr. Pepper aholic lol. Now when I take a sip its got an overpowering flavor and fizz.. Im actually kind of happy about that though because when I quit soda, chips. and candy the weight started coming off easier.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Ramen Noodle Soup.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Broccoli
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I don't order french fries, but I might eat a few of someone else's. :laugh: But, they just don't taste all that satisfying. I concur on the McDonald's. If I'm going to waste calories, I might as well get a Little Bacon Cheeseburger from Five Guys. Yum. :tongue:
  • Eoghann
    Eoghann Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My tastes haven't changed at all.

I see posts like this and wonder if I'm existing in some parallel world; very lucky; or if some of the reported side effects are a placebo effect.

- Exercise did not miraculously give me loads more energy
    - My tastes haven't changed
    - Eating greasy or sugary food doesn't make me sick now
    - My change in diet hasn't eliminated headaches or bloating or anything else because I wasn't experiencing any of those negatives in the first place.

I've lost weight, can walk further and finally got rid of my nagging shoulder pain. That's it.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    There is nothing I want to eat that I can't eat.
    I eat all things. Good luck.

the-best-fast-food-in-america.jpg

giphy.gif

Kinda missing the point of my post. lol.

I am NOT saying that I deprive myself of certain foods.

I eat ALL THE THINGS too.

Heck, look at my diary from Sunday.

I meant that there are things that either aren't worth the calories or make me feel queezy.

Of course, this does not apply to the 3 donuts that I had over the weekend. :drinker:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Apparently I haven't experienced this. I still eat everything and enjoy every bite.

:)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    This and dozens of other threads show why not everything works for everyone. Some people eat all food both nutritionally dense and empty. Some have moved towards eating unprocessed foods and found that's the best system for them. I don't understand why some on either side take jabs at the other?

I am one of the ones where as I have moved towards eating unprocessed foods, that my energy levels and digestive health improved tremendously. And my tastes & craving for junk foods has all but gone. Yes I still indulge on treats, but just not the low quality tasteless (to my palate) junk.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    This and dozens of other threads show why not everything works for everyone. Some people eat all food both nutritionally dense and empty. Some have moved towards eating unprocessed foods and found that's the best system for them. I don't understand why some on either side take jabs at the other?

I am one of the ones where as I have moved towards eating unprocessed foods, that my energy levels and digestive health improved tremendously. And my tastes & craving for junk foods has all but gone. Yes I still indulge on treats, but just not the low quality tasteless (to my palate) junk.

Exactly!
    I still eat fried fish (see OP) but the Long John Silver's fish that I had last week tastes gross. Like they put extra grease in it and the saltiness had more of an MSG quality to it.

Freshly batters fish sandwich from our local pub is much better if I'm going to "spend" calories on fried fish.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Can't drink sugary sodas anymore - way to sweet.
    Had my former favorite Arby's french dip last week - it wasn't as good as I remembered.
    The 7-11 cheese stuffed Doritos have lost their appeal.
    Can't imagine eating BK tater tots anymore - they were so greasy the last time I tried them.
    I cut back on the fast food in the past 2 months - the scale reflects it and I feel better.