What do you do for work?

Options

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am home with my kids. Homeschool 4 of them, one in college. I am a concert pianist, so I also practice, and teach piano. We are nearing the end of public school here in Texas, and I have lots of students from the school coming over for me to play the piano accompaniment for their violin, viola and cello solos that they are taking to the State competition next week. So, right now, between concerts and that I'm pretty busy, but not too busy to get on here on and off during the day to log foods and see what's going on.
    i respect this so much!! i took piano until i left for college, when i decided to be a music major! that only lasted for 2 years tho, then iswitched over to the art department.

Art and music, go hand in hand. I wouldn't recommend a music major to many people, it gave me ulcers. Art, for me, is just pure fun!!! And no concerts from memory at the end of the semester!

ditto honey! it wast he most stressful and hardest two years of my life. I still love to sing, (and you can hear me do so if you go to my myspace page!) but art definitely is better as a job! i felt like i was making music something to stressful and less of the fun part! I was a vocal performance major with a minor in music ed, then music industry, then the day before my Jr. Qualifying recital i gave up! i changed my mind. LOL IM SO GLAD I DID!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Gigilo for hire.

Okay, then I live at...

O' wait, where am I??? Hahahaha!!!! :laugh:

Where ever you need to. :wink:

*makes pec muscles dance*

:laugh: (this is getting rediculous) :laugh:

whatd you expect, getting everyone all excited about your current profession. Its a good thing i became one of your hoes before you got so popular, or my place might be in jeopardy.

Em, you'll always have a place in my Ho pack.

828 running crew fo' life!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone did for work.....or are you at work or home on the computer? I can't seem to keep up with the discussions all the time because I get interrupted and by the time I get back, everyone has moved on to other things. :grumble: Also, I am several hours ahead....right now this post is like 10 a.m. and for me it is 7 p.m. and I am getting ready to head home. So when I am online all day, I guess everyone else is sleeping. :ohwell: Back to work, I own my own shop and sell a little of everything. Anything I think people will buy at least :)

Heading home.........have a great day everyone!!

So, then, Katy... what do you do??? :huh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Well, in the interest of keeping this topic on the rails (I have a way of COMPLETELY derailing topics I post in, I'll endeavor to do better here....)

I am actually the COMPLETE opposite (well, maybe not the COMPLETE opposite) of a Gigilo for hire.

I am a Security consultant and member of the security team for Samaritan's Purse International. We are a Christian Relief Organization who specialize in bringing aid both foreign and domestic. We are proud that we are able to heal the sick and sad, both physically as well as spiritually.

I am hoping that within the next few months I can transfer to the Children's Heart Project. It's our program where we bring Children with heart conditions in thrid world countries to the US and Canada for life saving surgeries. It rocks as we are able to do such good work for God and lead the little ones and their families to the one who made it all possible, Jesus Christ. :happy:

ive wondered what your actual job scrip was. Go Figure, your a sweetie and a saint. im with these other ladies, someone should have snatched you up by now..but the only reason they havnt is bc you live in boone i guess? its full of partay college girls, not the 'settling down' type. I swear if i wasnt taken, i would have already driven to boone to meet you by now :)
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Well, in the interest of keeping this topic on the rails (I have a way of COMPLETELY derailing topics I post in, I'll endeavor to do better here....)

I am actually the COMPLETE opposite (well, maybe not the COMPLETE opposite) of a Gigilo for hire.

I am a Security consultant and member of the security team for Samaritan's Purse International. We are a Christian Relief Organization who specialize in bringing aid both foreign and domestic. We are proud that we are able to heal the sick and sad, both physically as well as spiritually.

I am hoping that within the next few months I can transfer to the Children's Heart Project. It's our program where we bring Children with heart conditions in thrid world countries to the US and Canada for life saving surgeries. It rocks as we are able to do such good work for God and lead the little ones and their families to the one who made it all possible, Jesus Christ. :happy:

ive wondered what your actual job scrip was. Go Figure, your a sweetie and a saint. im with these other ladies, someone should have snatched you up by now..but the only reason they havnt is bc you live in boone i guess? its full of partay college girls, not the 'settling down' type. I swear if i wasnt taken, i would have already driven to boone to meet you by now :)

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm a customer service representative for a company called neiman marcus which sells designer clothing

I love Neimans! IMO, it's so much better than Nordstrom.

I'm counting down to when the one opens here in Washington. :love:

Yea I love it to but its so damn expensive, even with my discount
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have often wondered the same thing about the folks on this site.. :huh:

I am a commercial, personal, health, and life agent for an independent insurance agency. :bigsmile: My company recently opened an office out where I live and I manage it along with my regular agent duties... haha, I said 'duties'! :laugh: It's pretty cool - even though everyone hates insurance! haha! :laugh:

Yeah! I'm an insurance too! I am an exclusive agent for one of the "big guys". I :heart: insurance. And people may complain, but when their house burns down and we rebuild it, they suddenly have a whole new respect for it!!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    Education is the name of my game- Special education High school:bigsmile:
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Gigilo for hire.

I'm just a gigilo and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing.

*pushes seat back from desk, stands up, and does a DAvid Lee Roth karate kick*

*now clinches his lower back and sits the hell down*
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My careers are Full-time mom, full-time wife, but medical transcriptionist from home pays the bills.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered the same thing about the folks on this site.. :huh:

I am a commercial, personal, health, and life agent for an independent insurance agency. :bigsmile: My company recently opened an office out where I live and I manage it along with my regular agent duties... haha, I said 'duties'! :laugh: It's pretty cool - even though everyone hates insurance! haha! :laugh:

Yeah! I'm an insurance too! I am an exclusive agent for one of the "big guys". I :heart: insurance. And people may complain, but when their house burns down and we rebuild it, they suddenly have a whole new respect for it!!

Amen to that! Well, it's good to know that there are some "dark side" rebels out there, like me! :smokin: Haha! j/k I really enjoy the insurance industry. :smooched: Since I can write all ltypes of insurance I never get bored - there's always a new challenge awaiting for me each day! :drinker:
  • fatsis
    Options
    I model male bras for catalouges.

PS Mandie & Sarge get a room (w/shower). I'll pay.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Full-time mom is the most important job I do (not to put down those who cannot or choose not to).

Actually a news report came out this week saying a full-time mom is worth about 110,000$ a year. Now, if we could just get paid !!!!:laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Gigilo for hire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I love you dude.

So nice to know that I'm not the only twisted guy around here.
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    I agree Beep ...being a mom AND a wife are my first two jobs ..payment??? well, I get the enjoyment of my family I love.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Janet of all trades master of everything...
    But serously.
    I in HR administration in the medical field.
    I also run a media company out of the house with my man.
    Recently I have been thinking about going to school and get my certified personal trainer degree.
    HEY PM. you are looking for something in your field?? Try going to www.besmith.com and see if they have anything interesting to you in your area.
    (Medical head hunting/placement firm.)
    --Diann...
    BTW Fit KB I also have an insurance licence, and I understand what you mean, But these days, it seems like people are really starting to understand WHY we HAVE insurance!
  • fatsis
    Options
    I am a Controller for a local comapny for now, but if I don't get back to work.....
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Gigilo for hire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are so funny!!
  • oneman86
    oneman86 Posts: 14
    Options
    I crunch numbers all day long..Im a Cost Analyst...
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Physicians Biller/Collector- Basically I bill insurance claims and call insurance companies all day long and correct mistakes to collect the money :yawn: - But only until the 30th because I gave my 2 weeks notice and now I am going to go to school to become a paralegal- Other then that I am a fulltime mom, army wife, cook, maid, taxi driver, walking/talking atm machine- and i get paid hugs and kisses I love it- Now I am going to enjoy my summer with my girls and enjoy my break before school starts and then its time to be serious--