What to wear to the gym?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tight black t-shirt with either yoga pants, fitted/crop sweatpants, or a tights/skirt combo. I wear a headband. When my hair was longer, a ponytail or braids.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a tight black t-shirt with either yoga pants, fitted/crop sweatpants, or a tights/skirt combo. I wear a headband. When my hair was longer, a ponytail or braids.

Y so old fashioned?
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I wear capri-length running pants, a sports bra UNDER a t-shirt. I'm there to workout, it's not a fashion show.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Y so old fashioned?

:wink:

It's tight, black, and not long. So, that makes it not old fashioned. Lol
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    A: wear something that doesn't stink
    B: wear something that covers your "junk"
    C: that is all I have
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I'm just want to feel comfortable and not stick out....... Last time I was in a gym was before my kids were born, over 14 yrs ago.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Capri workout pants, sports bra, tank top and a headphones
  • Warlock_42
    Warlock_42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I say wear what you are comfortable in. The better you feel the better your workout will be. That's what I think.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    You won't stick out. People wear all kinds of stuff at the gym. There is a guy in my gym that dresses like the 80's, wears headphones, and dances while intensely staring into his own eyes in the mirror. It's endearing.
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    As long as your clothes are relatively clean and sort of fit, it really doesn't matter.
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Glad he has confidence, but I don't want to be that guy or gal :)
  • saistarxo
    saistarxo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I always just wear an over-sized T shirt and workout fitted leggings (from Walmart) when I exercise!
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    yoga pants and oversized shirt works for me!
  • schelly81
    schelly81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    workout capris and a tank top, with sports bra. Nice and cool, covers everything and I don't feel out of place at all.
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My standard uniform for working out at the gym is a pair of black capri leggings, sports bra, bright colored tank top, and of course my neon pink running shoes with my hair piled up in a messy bun with a headband that matches my tank.

Yes, I am one of "those girls" who spends time planning their outfit, and making sure it is fashionable and put together. I love shopping for cute workout gear. Do I do this to impress other people? Hell no! I do it because it makes me feel more confident and is just one little way to tell myself that I am worth it. Outside of the gym I am a super girly girl who likes wearing pretty things, why wouldn't I do the same when I work out?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    A: wear something that doesn't stink
    B: wear something that covers your "junk"
    C: that is all I have

Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. I'll wear what I want, and the ladies love it.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my standard uniform is black compression leggings or capris with a fitted shirt (ugggh i cant stand baggy stuff) that's either made with moisture wicking (usually black) or a thin cotton tee and the workout appropriate sports bra underneath.

Yes, I am one of "those girls" who spends time planning their outfit, and making sure it is fashionable and put together. I love shopping for cute workout gear.

same here :laugh: unfortunately im very picky about my workout stuff : pants must have moisture wicking because i sweat so much, there was to be a little pocket somewhere to put a key, no crazy designs, etc . that means i end up buying things, trying them out and they realize they arent workout approved.
  • super_belle
    super_belle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I doubt anyone would ever notice what I am wearing at the gym! I am one of those heavy girls
    that within 10 min of working out looks like a bucket of water was dumped over my head. Not a
    pretty sight at all! :embarassed:
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bottom line is this, nobody cares what you wear to the gym or what you look like, or why you're there.
    These are facts...

Your concerns are common (I had them too) but nobody at the gym gives a tinkers damn why or if you're there!!!
    Just go!
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You won't stick out. People wear all kinds of stuff at the gym. There is a guy in my gym that dresses like the 80's, wears headphones, and dances while intensely staring into his own eyes in the mirror. It's endearing.

:laugh: love this image!

I agree with everyone who said wear what you're comfortable in. No one else at the gym is going to care.