What to wear to the gym?

Replies

• Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Well, I'm just concerned they are a bit too revealing...
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Running shorts that is.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Oh ... Well, mine only reveal my legs. Maybe you should buy some that are a bit longer and not too tight? My running shorts are definitely not too revealing.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    I sweat like crazy so I prefer to wear technical/ quick-dry fabrics rather than cotton, but that's just me. I think the most important thing is to be comfortable and wear something that doesn't ride up or require adjustments. A good-fitting sports bra is a must. You want to be focused on your workout, not stopping to adjust ill-fitting clothing.
  • shibainugal
    shibainugal Posts: 46 Member
    I wear capri running pants and a t-shirt / running shirt.
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member

"Appropriate:" is all the necessary parts covered and you're comfortable. That's pretty much it. Just check if your gym has a dress code and follow that.

I wear running shorts and T-shirts, yoga pants, tank tops -- whatever. I'm most worried about comfort. I see people in all sorts of different clothes.

This. No matter what you wear, you will see someone who looks worse than you and someone who looks better. I usually pick my clothes based on what is clean. After that criteria is met, choices get creative. I usually wear compression capris when I lift, and running shorts when I run. It doesn't really matter what top I wear because by the time I am done, it's all sweaty and gross and unfashionable anyway.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Tshirts and workout capris or pants depending on weather...I look for something stretchy and comfy.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

I think the running shorts won't be a good idea at the gym for obvious reasons and the T-shirt might look a bit old fashioned. I don't want to show a lot of skin, no belly for sure. So anyone got any ideas?

I didn't get this memo. What's wrong with running shorts? Mine are fairly baggy and come down just above my knees...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

lol
    guuuuuuurl please.
    http://youtu.be/dyvBng7M-YI

if they are neon and short EVEN BETTER!!!
    http://youtu.be/AK4uLOb8BXo

people question if my who-ha is going to fall out of mine.

if they are loose/floppy- then wear proper under garments- if they are fitted- well- there you go. it's all about how high you are willing to go.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    As long as you're not falling out of your workout clothing, I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about.

I tend to workout in loose mesh shorts and a stretchy tank top with sports bra underneath but straps visible. Sometimes I wear a pair of super short running shorts. I wear said outfit in broad daylight around town while walking the dogs. Anyone grossed out by my thighs can suck it =)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    gym·na·si·um

late 16th century: via Latin from Greek gumnasion, from gumnazein ‘exercise naked,’ from gumnos ‘naked.’

Therefor, it is keeping in the spirit of a gymnasium to work out au natural. If there are some wrinkles, just tell people you are ironing them out.:bigsmile:
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Go in what's comfortable to you. Unless your gym has rules on attire (some do) then you should be good unless your naked... lol.

I wear whatever I'm in the mood to wear:
    Shorts/tshirt
    shorts/tank
    pants/tank
    pants/tshirt
    and if I'm feeling snazzy I wear tank/tshirt with running skirt (yes they exist). Haven't felt the need to purchase a running dress yet, though they too exist. What can I say, when you spend lots of time in uniform (cut for males) sometimes you just want to wear something a little more girly. Still feel the urge at times even though I no longer wear a uniform every day.
    Oh, and of course an amazing sports bra that keeps the girls in line is a must.
  • Since when did wearing a t-shirt to the gym become old fashioned? I'm a little confused about that.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    I workout at home and I wear old shorts and t-shirts. If you're interested, there are some neat upcycling tips for t-shirts on You Tube. I tried a couple, just because.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    My gym does not allow tank tops and sports bras are not supposed to be visible. It seems like most sports bra straps are set fairly narrowly, though, (racerbacks) so I break that rule all the time because my tops are mostly v-necks or scoopnecks as I hate crew neck shirts.

Anyway, I wear black capri leggings or shorts and t-shirts. I like tops that are a bit roomy but if I'm going to be using an exercise ball or push ups or planks where my shirt is likely to hang down, I'll wear my regular size.

Do you go to the catholic gym?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    My gym does not allow tank tops and sports bras are not supposed to be visible. It seems like most sports bra straps are set fairly narrowly, though, (racerbacks) so I break that rule all the time because my tops are mostly v-necks or scoopnecks as I hate crew neck shirts.

Anyway, I wear black capri leggings or shorts and t-shirts. I like tops that are a bit roomy but if I'm going to be using an exercise ball or push ups or planks where my shirt is likely to hang down, I'll wear my regular size.

Do you go to the catholic gym?

My guess is Planet Fitness... but I could be wrong.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    gym·na·si·um

late 16th century: via Latin from Greek gumnasion, from gumnazein ‘exercise naked,’ from gumnos ‘naked.’

Therefor, it is keeping in the spirit of a gymnasium to work out au natural. If there are some wrinkles, just tell people you are ironing them out.:bigsmile:
    Nobody wants to see my naked jiggling at the gym!
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Wear what ever makes you comfortable. You are there for you, not everybody else.
  • Some comfortable fitness shorts that are easy to move around in, and preferably a top that wicks away moisture. Main thing is to be comfortable, and then get your burn on!