Guys like heavier girls?

Options

Replies

• barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like them big. I like them chunky. Chunky!....Lol... But my wife is thick and I love her that way.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I love a woman with curves, but it has never had an impact on my choice in women. We have to be moving in the same direction on all levels. My wife's physical appearance isn't what keeps us together; it's just an added bonus.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Post some pics in here for an example and see what results you get

I will definitely do this when I get home! Thanks!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Maybe they do like a little bigger but I've gotten a TON more compliments now that I'm sort of a "skinny minnie":) But have heard the comments about the "top" too since unless you have surgery it is usually lacking:)
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has always told me that he prefers bigger girls. He was asked me several times "You're not going to lose too much weight are you?" He also told me that when he was younger he and his friends would hang out around Lane Bryant and Torrid in the mall to hit on girls. LOL.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My Mr. likes curvy girls too, like yours truly. Guys like a boobs, booties and baby makin' hips. :laugh:
  • EdgeChic
    Options
    My husband and I had this discussion. I was looking up my "Healthy" weight range and it was between 114-155, and I asked him, if he could have it HIS way, which weight would he like and to my surprise he said closer to the 155! He said 114, or skinny, was just not what he liked.

Keep this in mind as well, Marilyn Monroe was mostly a size 14-16...she was the EPITOME of beauty for a long time, and still is...
  • Mandy0223
    Mandy0223 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like them big. I like them chunky. Chunky!....Lol... But my wife is thick and I love her that way.

LMAO I love that little tune that came from Punk'n Chunk'n (sp?). My husband sings that sometimes to be silly. lmao
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I believe many men like curves. I'm dumbfounded at the attention I get.

"Really, this hamhock (thats what I call my thighs) you think is appealing?" "Really?!!!"

I quit arguing about it. Who am I say that I'm not a "hot mama"!!!

But then on the other end there are those who think I'm unappealing so....as they say.."beauty is in the eye of the beholder"!

All I have to worry about is the one who decides to marry me!! If he's happy, that's will work for me!

:-)
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Of all the guys I've talked to they like a little meat. Soft curves...normally size 10-14.

My boyfriend says I'm 'thick skinny'. Clever little guy... :laugh:
  • SlipperySlope
    Options
    You're absolutely right about MM; however, sizes were very different back then. A vintage size 14 would not fit a woman who wears a modern 14. Her measurements were 37-23-36.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    humm.....is it that they settle for a size 14 and have fantasies of a size 6? :noway:
  • chance808
    Options
    I have always said to any friends that ask, size is never the issue, it is PROPORTIONS. How well does that woman present as a complete package. Does everything look right/natural/appealing together?

Here this might explain it better than I can:

http://www.psypost.org/2010/07/men-blind-prefer-low-waist-to-hip-ratio-women-1092
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on that are that guys do like curves and for some a 6 is curvy, others a 10, others a 12-height is a factor. Also - I have found with myself (and getting older) I have a few wrinkles 10 pounds less than I am now. So I feel like my face looks better now BUT I'd prefer the size 8s to the 10s that the 10 pounds makes
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Do you think that's evolution though? bigger women are better "breeders" lol...i know that i've had a big *kitten* my entire life, but it wasn't until i was about 25 that men started to appreciate it...maybe it's maturity too??
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    Am I the only guy on here that likes skinny girls? Haha. Don't get be wrong, there are plenty of girls who I know that wear a size 14 and are extremely pretty. My girlfriend is a size 9, or 12, depending on the brand.

But personally I like skinnier girls? I think it honestly comes down to a matter of preference. I don't think there is any actually science behind this. Different people like different things. Nothing new there.

I do like the comment about maybe being threatened by a size 6? Some guys lack the confidence to go after what they really want, hence they settle for less and start convincing themselves that is what they like. Just my .02$
  • Uptopargolf
    Options
    I have always said to any friends that ask, size is never the issue, it is PROPORTIONS. How well does that woman present as a complete package. Does everything look right/natural/appealing together?

Here this might explain it better than I can:

http://www.psypost.org/2010/07/men-blind-prefer-low-waist-to-hip-ratio-women-1092

You couldn't of said it better.
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    Of all the guys I've talked to they like a little meat. Soft curves...normally size 10-14.

My boyfriend says I'm 'thick skinny'. Clever little guy... :laugh:

I would guess this is most common. My hubby doesn't like women that are so thin they have no hips or boobs. He says that when women are too thin all their curves go caput and they look like a 12 year old. Not hot.

At the same time, as heavy as I was wasn't hot either. So it's kind of finding the right size for you. Cuz you don't want to lose your womanly figure. Skinny people also look bobble-heady sometimes if they've clearly lost too much. I don't consider myself a "skinny minnie" but now that I have curves rather than gigantic speed bumps I definitely get more attention from the opposite sex.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    When my guy realized that I was in this for the long haul, he had one request. "Don't lose your curves". So I will not be going down to the median weight on the BMI range. I may even have to stop before I get to the upper range. I will figure it out when I get closer to a healthy or even overweight range.
  • tiffylou80
    Options
    My husband agrees that heavier women look better. He thinks I am fine the way I am but regardless I am going to loose weight. In the end no matter what any man likes, us women need to be happy with ourselves and be able to love the body we are in. I know we should love ourself no matter our size but I know I have a hard time being happy while I am overweight! Besides that our health is at stake.