Guys like heavier girls?

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Yes, attire has a lot to do with. Most men like a well dressed woman.
    My preference is a woman in a dress shirt and nothing else....eeek.gif
    Do you see that walking down the street a lot?

I'll tell you what I have been seeing on the streets of Manhattan lately, and I am a big fan. Short skirts, tights and knee high leather boots. I like any girl wearing it, short and thick or tall and thin and everything in between.

He sees it peering in the windows of the local university's female dorms.
    I am surprised we have not run into eachother yet then... :glasses:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Marilyn Monroe is one person we usually hold out as a bombshell. Guess what? She was size 14.

Statistically, "skinny minis" have just as many healthy problems as overweight person.

"big girls" are the way to go.

But thanks for reminding everyone that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we should be happy with ourselves.

Healthy should be the goal, not a size.

- Eva

Take into consideration that a size 14 in Marilyn Monroe's day is probably comparable to today's size 6 at most. Our society has increasingly gained weight and clothes manufacturers have adjusted sizing to accommodate the masses. Don't let the number fool you!
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our idea of what "attractive" is. Sure Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, and Halle Berry are hot, but so are Kate Dillon, Ashley Graham, and Queen Latifah.

Most guys I know agree that there are attractive women of all sizes. More importantly, I don't know any guy who wouldn't agree that if Jessica Alba had Rosie O'Donnell's personality she'd cease to be the slightest bit attractive.

But men aren't any more likely to prefer thin/athletic body types than women. I've yet to see a girl look at a Calvin Klein underwear model and say "ewww he's gross". Those women's magazines sell millions of copies when they release a top 10 hottest guys issue. And look who always makes the list...Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, and Johnny Depp. Y'all's list never includes guys that look like John Goodman, James Gandolfini, or Cedric the Entertainer.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just had to add - my boyfriend always said he likes a little meat with his potatos (referring to the size of women)- although I was 30 pounds lighter when we met and now one of the gals we know had gastric bypass and looks awesome to me. He said she is way too skinny. Gotta love him. Then when I started this journey (eating healthier and exercising) he wanted to know right away if there was someone else - LMAO
  • ahalim
    Options
    I think I have my new fav #
  • ahalim
    Options
    Another interesting thing on this thread is the consistent reference to a 6 being skinny or thin or perhaps not curvy. I know it's a # that a lot of people just throw out there a lot, but really.... a 6 is not skinny. A 6 is rather average, or used to be at least. Or at least not uncurvy, boyish, sickly looking thin. I'm thinking those size 2 gals. Which nearly every model is a 2 or smaller. A 6 is considered heavy in the media world. Look at Jennifer Lopez - known for being curvy and probably thought to be heavier than a lot of other ladies out there - well, she is a size 6. No guy I know thinks celeb 6s are too thin. I don't think people really think size 6 when they think too small (though they may think the #, they are not really thinking the body type. I have always been able to nail a gals size on the dot by looking at her, my hubby, always way off, of course, he doesn't know how women's sizes run, but... just saying, they might THINK that a sz 6 is tiny, but they are really imagining is the body of someone who is a size 2 or size 0 Calista Flockhart type.

I don't think any of these ladies would be labeled too thin / unatractiveliy thin by most men, but all are in the 6 range, (in fact, I have heard some men claim some to be too chunky, I bet they thought they were in the double digit sizes, so what do they really think about real women?)
    Jen Lopez, Salma Hayek, Reese Whitherspoon, Beyonce, Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian (claims a 4 not a 6)

Now when you start thinking too small... consider these Size 0's
    Twiggy, sometimes Angelina Jolie, Renee Zelwegger (minus Bridget Jones), Lily Cole, Eva Longoria (size 00, smaller than a 0), Victoria Beckham, Nichole Richie (not always as bad anymore), and Scarlet Johansson (though I still think of her as curvy, she has totally slimmed down to nothing)

size 0
    naumoskaSP_450x350.jpg

size 6
    myleensplitBIG2603_468x468.jpg

and this site has more comparisons up the size chart. I stole their size 6 photo but did not want to take all the rest...
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1143361

and some surprising size 6s here. You'd guess larger for most of them.
    http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+News+and+Gossip/articles/AIVTRJlWaP8/Stars+fatter+skinny+Sherri+Shepherd

Wooow 6 is PERFECT!!!
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I don't have time to read the whole thread right now to see if this has been mentioned but I wanted to add my 2 cents from a male perspective.

Guys like different women of all shapes and sizes... but what we like most is making women happy... especially the women that we are with.

So if you show us a picture of two different body types and one of them looks more like you do than the other... guess which one we are going to pick? It's not that we are lying necessarily, just that subconsciously we want to pick the answer which will make you most happy. Also, even if you are asking a man who is not your boyfriend or husband... if HIS wife happens to be a size 10 and you ask him which is more attractive, the 6 or the 10, what does it say about him if he picks the 6? It says that he settled, and that his wife is not as attractive to him as she could be... most guys do not want to admit that to themselves or to you. I'm not saying that guys like skinnier girls or that they like heavy girls (go to a strip club and you will see all types making PLENTY of money.) I'm just saying, take your non-scientific survey results with a grain of salt is all.

And I just wanted to say for me, that all women are incredibly beautiful and I would love you all if I could! :)
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    http://www.zimbio.com/Celebrity+News+and+Gossip/articles/AIVTRJlWaP8/Stars+fatter+skinny+Sherri+Shepherd
    I found it interesting that this article compared a bunch of size 6s with out mentioning height. A 5'0" woman in a size 6 is much different from a 5'10" woman in a size 6.
  • skyley
    skyley Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I found it interesting that this article compared a bunch of size 6s with out mentioning height. A 5'0" woman in a size 6 is much different from a 5'10" woman in a size 6.

I agree I'm only 4'11" and prob look bigger than another girl who is a lot taller in a size 6
  • ME02134
    Options
    Thank you mjtwomail! I agree-I'm a size 6 and I dont think anyone would look at me and think I was "sick" or "skinny skinny". If that was the case I probably wouldnt be on this site -- Amongst my friends I am known for having a big appetite and also for working out. I definitely dont have as good of a body as that picture size 6 but I think she looks like a 4-6. It just depends on your body and which area you gain or lose weight the most.

The face, body proportion, and clothing are going to have a huge impact on which woman any man thinks is more attractive or wants to be with though. I also think its about how you carry yourself. If I have a bad week of eating and working out I dont carry myself as well and I dont look as good but when I'm on track I notice my attitude is different and I'm happier all around which attracts more attention.

My boyfriend is about 220 right now. I dont really care how much he weighs though as long as he's healthy. I wouldn't go for a skinny man but I also wouldn't want to be with an unhealthy man. I like that my boyfriend is healthy and fit because it reflects on my behavior positively. When we started dating he was around 250 but now I find that we motivate each other to stay healthy and work out and we're both more comfortable in ourselves which makes out relationship even better.

All in all I think there is just more to it than just size to choose between 2 people!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    oh, I forgot to mention - although this isn't a show I make a point to watch, I've seen it a few times and the one thing that always strikes me about it are the women... because they are NOT the traditional teensie tiny body types at all and without question, fit that curvy description; some of them are over-made and dress a little too skimpy IMHO, BUT if you take all that away and just look at their figures, they're amazing beauties!

Jerseylicious

I know... hush.. terrible show, but I'm mostly drawn by watching what the women wear to accentuate the positives and deccentuate the negatives. lol
  • kolbyjack
    Options
    In my physiology class in college we took polls and it showed that the men preferred heavier girls. The teacher then went on to say most men do because they are unconsciously looking for a woman that will be good for child bearing.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    Anyway, personally, every girlfriend I've had for more than 2 weeks has been a size six. I love sixes. The girl I'm seeing now is probably like a 12, and it won't last too long I don't think. But damn I love big boobs.

I love your honesty! and you crack me up :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I think we all have our idea of what "attractive" is. Sure Eva Longoria, Salma Hayek, and Halle Berry are hot, but so are Kate Dillon, Ashley Graham, and Queen Latifah.

Most guys I know agree that there are attractive women of all sizes. More importantly, I don't know any guy who wouldn't agree that if Jessica Alba had Rosie O'Donnell's personality she'd cease to be the slightest bit attractive.

But men aren't any more likely to prefer thin/athletic body types than women. I've yet to see a girl look at a Calvin Klein underwear model and say "ewww he's gross". Those women's magazines sell millions of copies when they release a top 10 hottest guys issue. And look who always makes the list...Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, and Johnny Depp. Y'all's list never includes guys that look like John Goodman, James Gandolfini, or Cedric the Entertainer.

BUT I think Conan makes that list sometimes, and that's most definitely a personality thing!! :laugh:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    i had a superintendent from one of our jobsites walk into my office and say to me (at the time probably 10lbs heavier - 212ish) that my boss' wife had brought a friend through one of our houses and he would rather be with me than with her - she is a freaking stick - almost skeletal - because she was soooo skinny he was afraid he would break her...he was like i dont mean to offend you but i'd rather have someone with some meat on their bones....lol....i was flattered and confused because i too always thought men wanted "skinny" women......

maybe it's just women who want to be like other skinny women???????
    not me...i just want to look healthy....i hate those skinny chicks whose hip bones and collar bones show.....
    wonder if we as a society will ever change our overall perspective about what LOOKS good...
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    for my height a size 6 (I'm 5'2") is average-big. I was that size for a few years, but I feel much more comfortable with a size 4, which is more toned and stronger, and yes, healthier.
    I am not skinny at all, but I've noticed that guys like me more in a size 4 than 6. They also love the fact that I smile, practice all type of sports and that I am so energetic. I look for the same in a guy: not a skinny person, but Healthy, positive and with energy to live and enjoy life. I rather that person have some extra pounds and who likes exercising than be skinny and/or stays at home and watches tv all the time.

Sizes, and taste are all so subjective...
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Curves are sexy!!!!
  • Momma2aHershey
    Options
    I just left another site because of posts like this. Reducing women to numbers as to see who would be more wanted by the opposite sex. Wow, there are way more important things to discuss.
  • larousse_37
    Options
    I just left another site because of posts like this. Reducing women to numbers as to see who would be more wanted by the opposite sex. Wow, there are way more important things to discuss.

I have to say that I agree. I am an extremely curvy size 6, and on the most part, am aware of the attention I get from men. Let me tell you, these posts have actually made me feel bad about myself.

Guy's its not be all end all. Most men I know don't really caaare. Some like cooky faces, some like classically beautiful faces, some like a huge *kitten*. Some like big boobs. Some like small boobs. I know one particular guy who is engaged to a tiny tiny girl (she's a size 6 australian, size 0 us, weighs under 100lbs) but still adores voluptuous, curvy girls. My partner loves big girls, and has this ridiculous obsession with massive (and I mean massive boobs.. beyond normal sized haha) and started force feeding me when we first met because he thought I was too thin. Everyone is different.

Do you see any posts about whether women like skinny versus muscular men? Or skinny versus chunky men? No. Why? Because it doesn't matter! And we all prefer different types of people. I personally prefer a bigger guy (by bigger I mean muscular and tall). Does that mean I DON'T like a guy who's skinny or smaller?? No, it's much more important to have a good personality and a nice face, and treat me well. The body is an added bonus if it's there.

Sorry if I'm getting a little heating, but I think there's nothing good to come out of these kinds of discussions, it's always going to cause some level of pain or heartache for someone. I honestly believe that women create their own pain and suffering from reading too much into this stuff. If you are a bigger girl, rest easy in knowing there are millions of men out there who think you are gorgeous just the way you are. Just because some people find skinny girls attractive does NOT make you any less valuable.

If everyone looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at eachother.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

I have to say that I agree. I am an extremely curvy size 6, and on the most part, am aware of the attention I get from men. Let me tell you, these posts have actually made me feel bad about myself.

Guy's its not be all end all. Most men I know don't really caaare. Some like cooky faces, some like classically beautiful faces, some like a huge *kitten*. Some like big boobs. Some like small boobs. I know one particular guy who is engaged to a tiny tiny girl (she's a size 6 australian, size 0 us, weighs under 100lbs) but still adores voluptuous, curvy girls. My partner loves big girls, and has this ridiculous obsession with massive (and I mean massive boobs.. beyond normal sized haha) and started force feeding me when we first met because he thought I was too thin. Everyone is different.

Do you see any posts about whether women like skinny versus muscular men? Or skinny versus chunky men? No. Why? Because it doesn't matter! And we all prefer different types of people. I personally prefer a bigger guy (by bigger I mean muscular and tall). Does that mean I DON'T like a guy who's skinny or smaller?? No, it's much more important to have a good personality and a nice face, and treat me well. The body is an added bonus if it's there.

Sorry if I'm getting a little heating, but I think there's nothing good to come out of these kinds of discussions, it's always going to cause some level of pain or heartache for someone. I honestly believe that women create their own pain and suffering from reading too much into this stuff. If you are a bigger girl, rest easy in knowing there are millions of men out there who think you are gorgeous just the way you are. Just because some people find skinny girls attractive does NOT make you any less valuable.

If everyone looked the same, we'd get tired of looking at eachother.
    Just curious. The title was fairly obvious. No mystery really. So why even click on it. You got heated by voluntarily clicking on something you knew what you were getting into. Or after review people expressing their opinions did you feel the need to admonish a civil conversation?