what do you eat for breakfast?!

Options

Replies

• cpeltier7
    Options
    I got a Ninja blender for christmas..I put frozen fruit in with a little splenda and about 2 cups of water..makes about 20 oz. Holds me up for a couple of hours. Then if time allows 1 pack oatmeal an hour before lunch.....My Tummy isn't a morning person either
  • bkrzewina
    Options
    I usually have NO time to eat in the morning with getting 2 small kids ready and being to work by 8 so, I usually take a banana or apple. I will also mix a weight watchers smoothie and take that along. Surprisingly, the smoothie keeps me super full until I eat lunch. Carrot sticks are a good choice too :)
  • luvmypoochie
    Options
    6" Whole Wheat Tortilla, 2 Tbsp peanut butter, 1/4 cup of grape nuts cereal

or

1/2 cup Biobest Plain Yogourt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup Ezekiel whole grain sprouted cereal, 1 Tbsp each of sliced almonds and dried cranberries.
  • Gutsy63
    Options
    Have you tried a smoothy or whey protein or soy protein shakes or powder? They are usually easy on the stomach and a goos souce of protein. Good way to start the day when your stomach says "i don't want to!"
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This morning I had oatmeal with 1 tbsp of peanut butter and 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips. Kept me full till noon.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have to get up super early for work too, and have a hard time stomaching anything that early. So when I get up, I will have an ounce of cheese or a piece of dark chocolate(!). Then a couple hours later at work (8 or 9) I'll have a boiled egg and fruit or turkey sausage, and coffee.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Grabbed a Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe high protein bar
    4 cups of water
    3 cups of coffee

~200 cals

Good till lunch
  • mckara
    mckara Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat fresh fruit, whatever is in season. Right now I am into tangerines (32 calories). I usually eat 2 each morning. Today however I am eating a cup of watermelon (46 calories)) and a tangerine. I don't like to eat something heavy for breakfast either, so this satisfies me and is low in calorie intake. :happy:
  • lilmeggie
    Options
    I have been eating chocolate vitatops. They are delicious and very filling. They are also good as a snack at night heated with vanilla frozen yogurt. It is like eating a molten cake from Chili;s (just a smaller portion)
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i had cottage cheese and i mixed in blackberry preserves, and fresh blackberries.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Today I had plain oats and added in dried cranberries and chopped pecans.
  • rlampton
    Options
    I like to put a slice of Ezekiel sprouted grain bread in the toasted just to get it soft and warm, then spread 1 tsp of peanut butter on it. I love it with my morning coffee. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so this works for me.
  • Kimke30
    Options
    Protein smoothies are great I do those sometimes... Or boil a couple eggs and have a piece of fruit and yogurt with it. Instant Oatmeal is good too. But I don't eat within an hour of waking up, I have the same issue as yu. Fortunately I can eat at my desk at work so I am usually eating 2-2 1/2 hours after i wake up. Toast with peanut butter and bannana might be good (all natural peanut butter though)... GOOD LUCK
  • chantelleB23
    Options
    I never used to eat breakfast, a coffee was all i used to have, but i just made myself eat breakfast for a few days, something like poached egg on toast, branflakes or muesli and after a few days or so i started waking up and actually wanted to eat breakfast, now its the first thing i do, put the kettle on and start to make whatever i fancy that morning.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would say grapefruit is very good. Also I would check out turkey bacon. Great alternative!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am and don't eat breakfast til 9, when I get to work. When I wake up it's all about getting me, my husband and my son out the door to work/grandma's house!

I try to alternate breakfasts cause I get sick of the same thing over and over as well. One week I will have 2 hardboiled eggs and a fruit. Then the next week I will have 2 plain rice cakes (the bigger ones, not the chip size ones) with 1 tablespoon of apple butter on each with a fruit. Special K cereal is also yummy with skim milk! I also like fat free vanilla yogurt with a frozen fruit in it!

If you notice, I always have a fruit with my breakfast. That's because fruit helps keep me full longer and keeps that nauseating feeling at bay!
  • InMyJeans
    InMyJeans Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Im probably the wrong person to answer this because I don't eat until I get to work but I try to eat as soon as possible, so Im not starving, and overeat. Right now I've been eating cereal with soymilk (Im lactose intolerant), eggs and bacon (sometimes on a whole wheat english muffin), and quaker oatmeal.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I say if you want a fried egg, eat it. I sometimes make a fried egg for my huevos rancheros and I just fry it in 1/2 pat of butter. That adds only like 18 calories and 2g fat...but, tastes yummy . And if that's the kinda breakfast you can get down, go for it.

I usually have scrambled eggs w/ spinach or cheese. Fiber One bars I'll eat on days when I'm in a hurry or feel a little sick.

If you have more time, what about huevos rancheros? I make it low cal by just heating up a corn tortilla (about 60 cals), adding a fried egg (again in 1/2 pat butter), a little black beans, lettuce, and salsa. This has lots of protein and comes in at less than 250 cals. And, it doesnt taste super breakfasty if that isn't your thing.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs (smashed with S&P and balsamic vinegar)
    2 slices microwave bacon
    2 cups of coffee
    5 cups of water

~160 cals
  • duffylinn
    Options
    I feel excatly the same as you in the morning so I make myself a smoothie. Here's my little recipe:

1 c. raw spinach
    handful of frozen blueberries
    1c. your favorite juice (I use v8 fusion)
    1/4 c. non fat yogurt PLAIN
    1/2 c. of your favorite frozen fruit (pineapple, mango, rasberries, etc)
    1 medium banana
    2 tbsp. flax meal *optional

Blend

Makes 2 servings and it's a little over 315 calories, so a little over 150 cals a serving

This smoothie helps with the hunger pains I start feeling around 8am because I had skipped breakfast. If you still can't stomach a smoothie eat a handful of nuts and drink some water and juice on your way to work.