Am I ok to replace food with alchohol for one day?

Options

Replies

• shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound much of a celebration to me. What, no cake?!!?!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    http://www.faslink.org/bal.htm

that's a table that gives an estimate of blood alcohol levels based on size and number of drinks

.1 is considered legally drunk
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

I'm really surprised everyone thinks this! Before I was calorie counting I would just get a 750ml bottle to myself! I'm not a small person though, and I'm 23 so that was and still is my excuse ;)

UM, wow:)
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    If you really only do this like 4 times a year there shouldn't be much of a problem. Honestly if it REALLY is only 4 times a year I would just throw the calorie calculator away for a day and have at it. Have fun and start counting again the next day.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Lol honestly I drink about 4 times a year, there's no problem in that department. You can say 10 vodkas, or you could say 5 doubles! That's not that much is it?!

Well it would sure knock me on my *kitten* !:drinker:
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this question. I don't have the guts. Man do I wanna have some drinks this weekend. I'm just gonna do it. My diet is pissing me off this week.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Lol honestly I drink about 4 times a year, there's no problem in that department. You can say 10 vodkas, or you could say 5 doubles! That's not that much is it?!

wuss :P
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options

wuss :P

Yea its been awhile ! 5 Doubles whoe ! But I could try :laugh:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine doing that for one day. Honestly, though, if you've been at a deficit/losing weight/not drinking as often, you may find that 8 drinks will do you just fine, no need for the final two. I've noticed with myself that, after about 5-6 drinks, it's all the same, just the severity of the hangover that changes.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I'm really surprised everyone thinks this! Before I was calorie counting I would just get a 750ml bottle to myself! I'm not a small person though, and I'm 23 so that was and still is my excuse ;)

I second that.

That is A LOT of vodka. Why so much? Why not drink in moderation?
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options

I second that.

Well, on the rare occasions I do go out I'll be out until the next day so if you think that I could be potentially drinking over 18 hours then I guess it is in moderation !! But tomorrow I'm just going to be "normal" and only drink for a few hours!
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    But I'm not trying to deny 3/4 a litre of vodka isn't a huge amount! I just thought 300mls was pretty normal!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Do the water in between drinks thing. You won't be sorry.

I'd probably stick to smaller than usual meals for the day but eat my 3 regular meals, get a bit of exercise in, and then not be too worried about going over on calories by say, 100-300 for the day. Like others are saying, it's just one day. However I can't ever allow myself to go over by 800 cal. That would freak me out.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Just eat your normal food, have your drinks in celebration with your friend, log it, then move on. One day isn't going to wreck your hard work.

**Going out for buffalo wangs and martini's with friends tomorrow. No effs shall be given.:flowerforyou:
  • BoatsnHose
    BoatsnHose Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I second that.

Well, on the rare occasions I do go out I'll be out until the next day so if you think that I could be potentially drinking over 18 hours then I guess it is in moderation !! But tomorrow I'm just going to be "normal" and only drink for a few hours!

Lol this post hit home. I used to be that way in college and after graduation. Drink a 5th of whiskey before even going out to the bar, which led bad decisions and..........

well now I'm sober two years:laugh:

Good luck!
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Eat your normal food and just enjoy the drinks. Go way over for a day, then drop back to your normal pattern. You won't notice that bump over a month of good habits.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    But I'm not trying to deny 3/4 a litre of vodka isn't a huge amount! I just thought 300mls was pretty normal!

I don't know about "normal", but the average is 4 drinks per week, according to a recent Gallup poll. Only 12% of the respondents said eight or more drinks per week.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/20/how-much-alcohol-does-average-us-drinker-consume/
  • susanhallberg
    susanhallberg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I learned a long time ago that a good measure is one calorie per proof per ounce of alcohol, therefore 1 ounce of 80 proof liquor is 80 calories, really simply way to figure it out.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

Ya… for a binge drinker/alcoholic. :huh:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Seriously? That's a crap ton of vodka. :sick:

WOW. That really is a crap ton of vodka. And I'm no light weight. I'm stunned that someone who drinks a few times a year can have more than 3 or 4 without being totally blotto. Please, just go over the calories. Don't drink 10 shots on an empty stomach.