Am I ok to replace food with alchohol for one day?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Lol honestly I drink about 4 times a year, there's no problem in that department. You can say 10 vodkas, or you could say 5 doubles! That's not that much is it?!

Seriously? That's a crap ton of vodka. :sick:

I'm really surprised everyone thinks this! Before I was calorie counting I would just get a 750ml bottle to myself! I'm not a small person though, and I'm 23 so that was and still is my excuse ;)
    WOW. That really is a crap ton of vodka. And I'm no light weight. I'm stunned that someone who drinks a few times a year can have more than 3 or 4 without being totally blotto. Please, just go over the calories. Don't drink 10 shots on an empty stomach.

I agree- I'm not really sure how someone who only drinks a few times a year can down a 750ml bottle of vodka.

OP: In case you are unaware, a 750ml bottle holds just shy of 25.4 ounces. If you are pouring 2 oz shots, that's almost 13 shots. If you are pouring 1.5 oz shots, that's about 17 shots. A bit excessive and concerning if you ask me.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know if it's okay but when i drink I skip meals. Unless it's a beer or two, which usually it's not. I rarely drink (Like once a year) so I don't think it matters much.
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I say go for it :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lol honestly I drink about 4 times a year, there's no problem in that department. You can say 10 vodkas, or you could say 5 doubles! That's not that much is it?!

I'm really surprised everyone thinks this! Before I was calorie counting I would just get a 750ml bottle to myself! I'm not a small person though, and I'm 23 so that was and still is my excuse ;)
    WOW. That really is a crap ton of vodka. And I'm no light weight. I'm stunned that someone who drinks a few times a year can have more than 3 or 4 without being totally blotto. Please, just go over the calories. Don't drink 10 shots on an empty stomach.

I agree- I'm not really sure how someone who only drinks a few times a year can down a 750ml bottle of vodka.

OP: In case you are unaware, a 750ml bottle holds just shy of 25.4 ounces. If you are pouring 2 oz shots, that's almost 13 shots. If you are pouring 1.5 oz shots, that's about 17 shots. A bit excessive and concerning if you ask me.
    That's a crap ton of vodka. (and again, I'm no light weight.)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

That's a crap ton of vodka. (and again, I'm no light weight.)

It sure is! I'm almost positive that if anyone consumed that much vodka they would be in the emergency room getting their stomach pumped due to alcohol poisoning :grumble: :noway:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I didn't even look at the amt OP wanted to drink. WowZA !?;:tongue:
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    But I'm not trying to deny 3/4 a litre of vodka isn't a huge amount! I just thought 300mls was pretty normal!

You would drink 20 vodkas in one sitting? Wow. I have little tolerance, but I still know that's pretty amazing!

I would definitely eat solidly for the day, very solidly, if you're going to have 10 drinks.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    But I'm not trying to deny 3/4 a litre of vodka isn't a huge amount! I just thought 300mls was pretty normal!

There have been a few times (not many) that my husband has drank that much (300mls) in a night and he doesn't remember anything the next day. Not to mention he ends up needing help to get to bed. He ends up pretty trashed. That to me says it's a lot to be drinking in one night.
  • CrimsonDiva7
    CrimsonDiva7 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I try to increase my workouts on days I'm going out so I can eat a great meal and enjoy drinks!
  • moniqueloupe
    Options
    I suggest separating your perspective on food consumption and alcohol consumption entirely. To be honest, the fact that you're asking this question worries me a lot.You're welcome to message me and talk about it further anytime you want to. -Nikkie
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure one day won't ruin anything. Can you describe this 800 calorie drink just to be sure, please?

Sounds like a single pint of Rogue's Chocolate Stout.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I'm pretty sure one day won't ruin anything. Can you describe this 800 calorie drink just to be sure, please?

Sounds like a single pint of Rogue's Chocolate Stout.
    Nope. An entire bottle of vodka (she says). But, mmmmmm chocolate stout.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm still in my 20s and this would have had me puking my guts up even when I was fat. Ick! Are you SURE you only drink 4 times a year??? That's some serious alcohol tolerance! If it's only 4 times a year, just eat normally and have a few drinks. One day won't make you gain all the weight or prevent you from losing the weight you already have.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options

Yes is it if you do it without food in your stomach. Drink a glass of water between each drink. And drink more water before you to go to bed to reduce your chances of a hangover.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options

I remember, years ago, when I would have shots competitons on a drinking night with friends. 17shots - I could hit that every time. I always managed at least 20, usually closer to 30 - my record is 32.
    Granted there is a reason I haven't touched alcohol in going on 6 years now.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Yes is it if you do it without food in your stomach. Drink a glass of water between each drink. And drink more water before you to go to bed to reduce your chances of a hangover.
    She's planning to have 20+ shots. She's going to have a hang over, at the very least.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

I remember, years ago, when I would have shots competitons on a drinking night with friends. 17shots - I could hit that every time. I always managed at least 20, usually closer to 30 - my record is 32.
    Granted there is a reason I haven't touched alcohol in going on 6 years now.

God bless you. And congrats on almost 6 years of sobriety!! :flowerforyou:
  • riotthyme
    riotthyme Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow the getting judgy about the amount of liquor is pretty off-putting. If she can handle it, why feel the need to judge? If she can't, it's going to be her terrible morning to live, not yours.

To the OP - If you have time to plan for a "cheat day" when you don't have to worry about anything, just make sure your weekly totals are on. To repeat it, one little bump isn't going to derail the train if you're committed.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/ Check it out. should give you a good Idea how many calories you are really getting. diet Lemonaide :happy: good for you! sounds like me and diet soda or Crystal lite. Cut calories wherever you can.
    One day is not going to ruin anything. Just jump back to normal next day. This is all about lifestyle change, not Deprivation! Enjoy your friends Birthday!!! :drinker:
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best topics I have been on in forever!!! I love it !!:laugh: :drinker: