Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls (w/Pics) - 73 calories each!

Options

Replies

• sunnihope
    Options
    sounds yummy!!!
  • sunnihope
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet :) Braggs has a sauce that is almost like soy sauce but without any added sodium!! Tastes awesome!! Organic too!
  • Melisha82
    Options
    these pics make me hungry lol
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yum! These are going on the menu for this weekend! I may even add in some mini shrimps too!
  • kellibear2
    kellibear2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried freezing these? How do they freeze? Would you thaw them before cooking or just freezer to oven?
  • maricari
    maricari Posts: 133
    Options
    Bump
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm! These look so good I can't wait to try them!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    really want to try these!
  • Dhinkson
    Dhinkson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wish it wasn't time for bed cause now I'm starving!! These look awesome!!
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    WOW - those look great. I look at egg roll wrappers all the time at the grocery store and have never pulled the trigger...I WILL NOW because those look fantastic!
  • peacemom
    peacemom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oh my.....I can't wait to try these!!
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Bump
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    U R MY NEW BFF!!! THX LOVE!
  • nukehiker
    Options
    BUMP:smile::smile: :smile:
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i used this recipe last night as my starting point for making some eggrolls... (no mushrooms or zucchini but added extra carrot and used fresh bean sprouts)... played around with seasoning so my sodium was minimal.. (used 40% less sodium soy sauce).. added garlic etc etc...even added a bit of sodium free chicken broth for flavour.

ended up cooking a lil longer since the bean sprouts were raw.. then once the mix cooled in the pan and juices, i drained the juices before rolling the eggrolls.

For a sauce (as i DO love a plum or sweet and sour sauce on my eggrolls) i used a mixture of apple cider vinegar and a 'no sugar added' all fruit jam - peach and mango flavoured.. betcha a lil added fresh ginger might be nice in it too.. might try that next time *L*

Even my VERY skeptical husband approved of both the eggrolls AND the sauce

Thank you for a great idea and the new addition to my recipe collection *S*
  • MARGIE463
    Options
    Def. going to try this. thanks
  • mmohr88
    Options
    Those look delish!! Thanks for sharing!
  • corgant715
    corgant715 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! I am so excited to try these. My roomie is not crazy about egg rolls-so I was curious to know if anyone has tried to freeze these. Would I freeze before baking or after? I love to cook, but don't know that I want to go crazy and eat the whole batch myself over a period of ??? days. :smile: