Baked Vegetable Egg Rolls (w/Pics) - 73 calories each!

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I wanted egg rolls, but I did not want the calories it would cost me to have fried egg rolls from a Chinese take out. Plus, I don't like take out at all and try to make all my food homemade. If you are really craving something, there is ALWAYS a healthier way to make it at home.

I was craving egg rolls, so egg rolls were on the list for last night's dinner adventures!

You will need:

1 Package of Coleslaw Mix
Green Onions, sliced
Sliced Mushrooms, chopped & diced
Zucchini, diced
1 Can Bean Sprouts, drained

Soy Sauce
Oyster Sauce
Fresh minced garlic
Fresh grated ginger

Egg Roll Wrappers
! Egg, beaten
PAM Spray

For the filling:

Add all the veggies to the pot on a medium heat and mix for a few minutes until the veggies are warmed up. Mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, garlic and ginger in bowl and dump over the veggies and mix well. Set veggies aside to cool for a few minutes.

Once the veggies are cooled, fill your egg roll wrappers with filling and assemble (there are tons of instructions online on how to assemble an egg roll. It is even on the back of the egg roll wrapper). Be sure to use a little egg to seal the wrapper.

Spray a cookie sheet with PAM and line the egg rolls on cookie sheet. Spray the top of the egg rolls with PAM (just a little, you don't want to coat too much).

Bake on 350 for a good 25 minutes. You might want to broil for a few minutes too to get them crispy on top!

Each egg roll is only 73 calories and they are a pretty good size!

Mix:

m218191859.jpg

Assemble:

m218191858.jpg

Bake:

m218191860.jpg

Admire:

m218191855.jpg

And Enjoy!

m218191856.jpg

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Bump. These look fantastic. Thank you!
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    OMG they look AWESOME....can't wait to try then, thanks!!!
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Those look FAB!! I am putting them on my shopping list for today! Thanks for sharing :)
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

That is a great option for those times when I'm craving Chinese (Which is one of my favorites, if not #1 on the list)

again, thank you for sharing.

- Eva
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Looks good and the hubby loves veggie rolls, it will be great to make some at home that are less processed than the store bought kind.

How many were you able to make?

Could you tell me the quantity for the sauces since too much or too little will definitely make or break these rolls

Soy Sauce?
    Oyster Sauce?
    Fresh minced garlic?
    Fresh grated ginger?
  • KLMorgan
    Options
    Those look super easy & YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    wow! they look so yummy! funny i've been craving egg rolls for 4 days now. My husband took me to an oriental place and i didn't get the egg rolls 'cause of the cals. Thanks for the alternate!:flowerforyou:
  • TessaGibson
    Options
    YUM!!! Can't wait to try!
  • bsweettt
    Options
    bump!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yummy, bump for later
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Bumping so that i can print this off at the office...thanks! Loves mes some egg rolls!
  • lina1131
    Options
    Thanks!! Looks good and the hubby loves veggie rolls, it will be great to make some at home that are less processed than the store bought kind.

How many were you able to make?

Could you tell me the quantity for the sauces since too much or too little will definitely make or break these rolls

Soy Sauce?
    Oyster Sauce?
    Fresh minced garlic?
    Fresh grated ginger?

If you use the entire package of coleslaw, you can make all 20 egg rolls (that is how many is in the package that I bought). I used half the bag and made 12 egg rolls.

I am so bad with giving measurements when it comes to cooking because I just eyeball it all. If I were to guess it would be about 2 tablespoons soysauce (maybe 3), 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 garlic clove (and I just grated it), 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger?

Best thing to do is start out with that and then just taste and adjust.
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    These look so good! Thanks for making me hungry lol
  • lina1131
    Options
    These look so good! Thanks for making me hungry lol

My job here is done! :bigsmile:
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think I'd add some shrimp or chicken and make this a dang meal!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!! YUMMY I have been wanting some eggrolls for a while now and refuse because of the calories! Thanks
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Thanks Liana for sauce estimates, that really helps!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Bump..going to make them tonight for dinner :happy:
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    :tongue: YUMMMMM! i wanna try that ! ::droool::