when is too big?

Options

Replies

• fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    his ego started to grow bigger than his muscles. Not hot.
    ... hate when all the guy talks about is his routine, his protein shakes and going to the gym.
    Truth.
    This is really what makes someone unattractive - his attitude.

That's nice. A bit young for me, but still cute.

body-builder-8702325.jpg
    This is nice.

That's nice too, but getting toward "he spends so much time on his appearance, will he have time to date?"

bodybuilder_21_by_stonepiler-d478dwu.jpg
    That's too much.

lolbrary.com_14674_1386358372.jpg
    That's grotesque.

^ THIS!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You're asking the women of the world to all agree on how big a guy should be?

Dude, they can't even agree on shoes!
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    You're asking the women of the world to all agree on how big a guy should be?

Dude, they can't even agree on shoes!

Um... This. :)
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    When the traps are too big, when the neck is wider than the head.

When it looks like the guy is posing no matter how he stands.

Basically, whatever makes me think that a guy is dumb/unintelligent (small pea-head relative to neck/traps) or is vain (poses).
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    So every guy with huge traps is dumb/unintelligent?

Something tells me the guy being jacked isn't the problem here....
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Lourdesong
    Options

That's not what I said. But there is such a thing as looking like you're probably more stupid than everyone else in the room, though. Whether you are in fact a stupid person is besides the point since this is asking about how people look, not how they are "inside" once you get to know them.

Like my example about the guy who looks like he is posing, it makes me think they are probably vain. Whether they are in fact a vain person is besides the point.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Butter-pecan is my favorite!!

I love you.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

That's not what I said. But there is such a thing as looking like you're probably more stupid than everyone else in the room, though. Whether you are in fact a stupid person is besides the point since this is asking about how people look, not how they are "inside" once you get to know them.

Like my example about the guy who looks like he is posing, it makes me think they are probably vain. Whether they are in fact a vain person is besides the point.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how in the world does a person's body determine if they're intelligent or not? How does the amount of visible muscle one has make you think they're less intelligent?
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how in the world does a person's body determine if they're intelligent or not? How does the amount of visible muscle one has make you think they're less intelligent?

The same way how a person -- specifically a woman -- dresses determines whether or not she's a bimbo. How does having big boobs, wearing a short skirt and high heels equal a bimbo?

(I am just playing devil's advocate here. The point is that people form opinions based on looks all the time).
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options

The same way how a person -- specifically a woman -- dresses determines whether or not she's a bimbo. How does having big boobs, wearing a short skirt and high heels equal a bimbo?

(I am just playing devil's advocate here. The point is that people form opinions based on looks all the time).

I see that people do, but I still don't get it. Male or female, I've never thought someone was stupid because of how they looked...maybe I'm the weird one then lol
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    ^this

One could look at a fat redneck and assume they're dumb as well. If anything the in-shape guy at least knows about fitness and nutrition. But the fat redneck guy might be a genius for all you know also.

I'd also say stereotypes of any type are wrong a lot of the times especially when it's something like body type. I think in the case of muscles it comes down to either jealously or intimidation on the part of the observer.

Having big boobs isn't the problem there. Dressing inappropriately is (depends on the occasion / place obviously).
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options
    ^this

One could look at a fat redneck and assume they're dumb as well. If anything the in-shape guy at least knows about fitness and nutrition. But the fat redneck guy might be a genius for all you know also.

I'd also say stereotypes of any type are wrong a lot of the times especially when it's something like body type. I think in the case of muscles it comes down to either jealously or intimidation on the part of the observer.

Having big boobs isn't the problem there. Dressing inappropriately is (depends on the occasion / place obviously).

But what is deemed "inappropriate"? And what occasion would dressing in such a way be deemed that (aside from say a funeral. I'm not including weddings because not all weddings are formal and stuffy)? And again, why would that make said person a bimbo?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

You know, I have worked very hard to stop stereotyping people on how they look.

My car broke down at a gas station once and every man who went by as I waited for the tow truck wanted to help (didn't hurt that I was on my way to the pool, so wearing a bikini).

Anyway, none of them knew what they were doing and finally two young guys in wife beaters -- a black guy with dreads and a white guy who looked a bit like someone you might call a "punk kid" and cross the street if you saw him walking towards you -- came by and figured out the problem and how to fix it (temporarily and enough to get me home, at least). They were super nice and polite and I thought right then that I was no longer going to judge people on how they appear. It isn't OK.

And I looked at your profile and you started with 88 pounds to lose, which isn't small. People make a lot of really nasty judgments about people (especially women) who are in the obese or higher range. You might want to think about that. You wouldn't like being judged based on your body -- and, BTW, "stupid and lazy" are common stereotypes for that.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    ^this

Profile picture not withstanding...
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to hide big books enough to be considered appropriate by some people's standards? I could wear the same thing as a smaller chested woman and people will assume I am sluttier. Or the same thing ands a fatter woman who also has large breasts... and I'm still sluttier because I'm thinner. But it's not like you can wear a turtle neck year round. And those are often pretty form fitting... so you can guess what some people think about that.
  • sculli123
    Options

But what is deemed "inappropriate"? And what occasion would dressing in such a way be deemed that (aside from say a funeral. I'm not including weddings because not all weddings are formal and stuffy)? And again, why would that make said person a bimbo?
    The workplace. Because dressing in a revealing manner is not always acceptable. Trust me, I wear as little cloting as possible myself whenever I can get away with it too but there are situations where it's not acceptable. If I go to a nice restaurant with shorts, flip flops, and a stringer tank on I expect to not get served or even asked to leave. lol
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    This thread went so off topic like most threads on MFP.
  • Lourdesong
    Options

It doesn't determine if they are intelligent or not and I never claimed it did. Neither does being a mouth-breather determine if someone is intelligent or not. But will it have an effect on their aesthetic and the impression they make? I think so. And that's what this thread was asking about. Aesthetics, not who people really are inside.

A small head relative to the neck just tends to make people look... dumber. Fat people too, and muscular women, not just men who work out. Just as being a mouth-breather tends to make people look dumber than those who aren't mouth-breathers.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

The workplace. Because dressing in a revealing manner is not always acceptable. Trust me, I wear as little cloting as possible myself whenever I can get away with it too but there are situations where it's not acceptable. If I go to a nice restaurant with shorts, flip flops, and a stringer tank on I expect to not get served or even asked to leave. lol

And again, why does that make the person a bimbo?
  • sculli123
    Options

Profile picture not withstanding...
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to hide big books enough to be considered appropriate by some people's standards? I could wear the same thing as a smaller chested woman and people will assume I am sluttier. Or the same thing ands a fatter woman who also has large breasts... and I'm still sluttier because I'm thinner. But it's not like you can wear a turtle neck year round. And those are often pretty form fitting... so you can guess what some people think about that.

Not appropriate for the office, but probably great for a night out:
    article-2159970-13A18B42000005DC-96_306x418.jpg

Appropriate for any situation and she has big boobs.

dlp3m1.jpg