when is too big?

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So every guy with huge traps is dumb/unintelligent?

Something tells me the guy being jacked isn't the problem here....

That's not what I said. But there is such a thing as looking like you're probably more stupid than everyone else in the room, though. Whether you are in fact a stupid person is besides the point since this is asking about how people look, not how they are "inside" once you get to know them.

Like my example about the guy who looks like he is posing, it makes me think they are probably vain. Whether they are in fact a vain person is besides the point.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how in the world does a person's body determine if they're intelligent or not? How does the amount of visible muscle one has make you think they're less intelligent?

It doesn't determine if they are intelligent or not and I never claimed it did. Neither does being a mouth-breather determine if someone is intelligent or not. But will it have an effect on their aesthetic and the impression they make? I think so. And that's what this thread was asking about. Aesthetics, not who people really are inside.

A small head relative to the neck just tends to make people look... dumber. Fat people too, and muscular women, not just men who work out. Just as being a mouth-breather tends to make people look dumber than those who aren't mouth-breathers.

MFP forum never fails. BTW your picture is a avatar what can we assume about you?
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    It doesn't determine if they are intelligent or not and I never claimed it did. Neither does being a mouth-breather determine if someone is intelligent or not. But will it have an effect on their aesthetic and the impression they make? I think so. And that's what this thread was asking about. Aesthetics, not who people really are inside.

A small head relative to the neck just tends to make people look... dumber. Fat people too, and muscular women, not just men who work out. Just as being a mouth-breather tends to make people look dumber than those who aren't mouth-breathers.

Okay. What I got out of this is:

- People who breathe with their mouth open are dumb
    - People with muscles are dumb
    - People with small heads are dumb

Does that about sum it up?:huh:
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

But what is deemed "inappropriate"? And what occasion would dressing in such a way be deemed that (aside from say a funeral. I'm not including weddings because not all weddings are formal and stuffy)? And again, why would that make said person a bimbo?
    The workplace. Because dressing in a revealing manner is not always acceptable. Trust me, I wear as little cloting as possible myself whenever I can get away with it too but there are situations where it's not acceptable. If I go to a nice restaurant with shorts, flip flops, and a stringer tank on I expect to not get served or even asked to leave. lol

And again, why does that make the person a bimbo?
    Because most workplaces have written policies that spell out what is and what is not appropriate. Establishments such as restaurants do as well. Dressing too revleaing for a given situation sends a message of sex and I don't care if you're male or female. If you dress in a very revealing way, you're advertising sex. I do it myself when in certain situations as I stated before. But having big boobs or big muscles doesn't make the person look like a bimbo. Dressing scantily does.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    So every guy with huge traps is dumb/unintelligent?

Something tells me the guy being jacked isn't the problem here....

That's not what I said. But there is such a thing as looking like you're probably more stupid than everyone else in the room, though. Whether you are in fact a stupid person is besides the point since this is asking about how people look, not how they are "inside" once you get to know them.

Like my example about the guy who looks like he is posing, it makes me think they are probably vain. Whether they are in fact a vain person is besides the point.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but how in the world does a person's body determine if they're intelligent or not? How does the amount of visible muscle one has make you think they're less intelligent?

MFP forum never fails. BTW your picture is a avatar what can we assume about you?

I've had colleagues who played professional sports before law school. I guess they were just dumb jocks, huh? The whiners who think being good at one thing automatically excludes being good at another need to spend some time around type A personalities.
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Profile picture not withstanding...
    Do you have any idea how hard it is to hide big books enough to be considered appropriate by some people's standards? I could wear the same thing as a smaller chested woman and people will assume I am sluttier. Or the same thing ands a fatter woman who also has large breasts... and I'm still sluttier because I'm thinner. But it's not like you can wear a turtle neck year round. And those are often pretty form fitting... so you can guess what some people think about that.

Not appropriate for the office, but probably great for a night out:
    article-2159970-13A18B42000005DC-96_306x418.jpg

Appropriate for any situation and she has big boobs.

dlp3m1.jpg

I'd have to agree.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

No, it doesn't. Looking dumb and being dumb are not the same thing. Are you dumb? You seem dumb.

Reported :flowerforyou:
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

No, it doesn't. Looking dumb and being dumb are not the same thing. Are you dumb? You seem dumb.

Reporting me because you set up a strawman. Good character you have too.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

No, reported you because you blatantly attacked me by calling me dumb.

I didn't set up a straw man. I summarized pretty much what you were saying. Sorry that you couldn't take the truth.
  • Lourdesong
    Options

I didn't set up a straw man. I summarized pretty much what you were saying. Sorry that you couldn't take the truth.

It was a strawman. I explicitly stated it was about how people look and not how they are. You ignored that and set up a strawman. I was being charitable by calling you dumb, when what you did was in fact dishonest.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Lourdesong so what can we assume about this person?

BTW the no profile pic with what you wrote in your profile. . . .
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    So long as a guy is taller than me, he can be as big (muscularly) as he wants. It comes down to BF% for me.

I dated a guy once who didn't have anything to squeeze (stopit). When I laid on his chest, it was like laying on a rock. That wasn't fun.
  • Lourdesong
    Options

You are free to assume whatever you like. If I make a thread asking what you think as the OP did, then that's a good clue that I'd be interested in what you think.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    In for insulting people (and their intelligence) based on physical appearance.
  • bugaboo_sue
    Options

It was a strawman. I explicitly stated it was about how people look and not how they are. You ignored that and set up a strawman. I was being charitable by calling you dumb, when what you did was in fact dishonest.

But by assuming someone is dumb based on their appearance is just as wrong as saying they're dumb and, well, it's pretty much the same thing. How? Well because you're drawing an assumption based on how they look and with that assumption you probably wouldn't take the time to get to know the person because you've already made a decision about their intelligence and more than likely wouldn't even waste your time talking to them or getting to know them based on their appearance.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

You are free to assume whatever you like. If I make a thread asking what you think as the OP did, then that's a good clue that I'd be interested in what you think.

So being a mouth breather and big traps correlates to being stupid. That what the OP was asking right?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

If I didn't know better I'd say I smell butt hurt and self esteem issues.
  • yopeeps025
    Options

To say the least. But I should not assume so I only have words to go by since the profile pic is some cartoon. No assumption being made on my end.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    My head is smaller than it used to be. I can almost feel those IQ points melting away into a puddle at my feet.
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

I was here earlier if that's what you're saying, but I like to think that my personal grooming habits ensure there is no lingering aroma.

With love,
    Burt