Mothers who throw tantrums?

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    So we got good advice on kids throwing tantrums I want good advice on mothers who throw tantrums. She lives in my house, meaner than a snake, and out weighs me by 40lbs (plus that whole stepdad in your face for disrespecting your mother thing-which btw HAS NEVER HAPPENED..cough*) Points for creative answers...cuz shes not gonna leave....so time to figure out torture techniques (yes i am kidding, she is only 66 and has her wits about here, mostly)

Is there any truth to the saying that children are a reflection of their parents?
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    http://www.thevillages.com It's Florida's Friendliest Hometown*

Send her there. It's like an orgy for old people. I'm positive it'll put her in a better mood.

*They've gotten the STD outbreaks under control.

This!!
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Put out a new candy dish filled with unwrapped sugar-free chocolates. When they disappear into her room in the middle of the night, she'll end up in the bathroom for the foreseeable future and you'll have some peace & quiet.
  • tofufingers
    tofufingers Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm appalled at your attitude toward your mother. She gave you life! She endured your tantrums as a child. I say turn about is fair play here. You should be ashamed of yourself!

LOL, this sounds like exactly how my MIL would try to guilt trip my husband, but that woman is NEVER living with us. I'm sorry but I've seen how she shreds my husbands emotions and I won't have her in my home doing that to him.

However, since your mom (and step dad, yikes) are already there, all I can say is, GOOD LUCK!
    Lol THIS!!!
    Just because your mother gave birth to your and took care of you as a kid, doesn't make it okay for her to take her anger out on you or treat you as a punching bag.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    How did she end up living with you? I know it is none of our business but just thinking she sounds horrific and maybe that was a bad choice...isn't there some way you could transition her (and the stepdad) out, into (if applicable) low income housing for seniors or SOMEPLACE that isn't your house?

*grabs popcorn and waits patiently*

You're just going to eat popcorn while people bad mouth your mother like this????

Cool. Scoot over and share that popcorn. :laugh:
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Have her move in with your sister. :)
  • nopotofgold
    Options
    So we got good advice on kids throwing tantrums I want good advice on mothers who throw tantrums. She lives in my house, meaner than a snake, and out weighs me by 40lbs (plus that whole stepdad in your face for disrespecting your mother thing-which btw HAS NEVER HAPPENED..cough*) Points for creative answers...cuz shes not gonna leave....so time to figure out torture techniques (yes i am kidding, she is only 66 and has her wits about here, mostly)

Leave out a bunch of sugar free snacks in one room, then lock yourself in another. She'll be occupied for hours.

Nah, fat free gummy bears.

That'll teach her.

Sugar free not fat free. They sale them on amazon. Only problem is she will blow up your bathroom and if you are the one cleaning it. ...Yucky!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

Oh HELL no you didn't :noway:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

HAHAHA! Seems fair to me.
  • nopotofgold
    Options

See she loves the ideal! Pack the bags and drop them off before dinner. Sharing is caring!!! Share Mama's love. lol
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

You need to establish the boundary that this is your house and she is a guest in it. Point out who moved in with whom.

You could also video or audio to record a tantrum

oh you should DEFINITELY do this.

I have recorded tantrums before.
    v2zih0.gif

UBba2ta.gif
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Now that you've made this thread you better guard her life with your own because if anything strange ever happens to her, you're going to end up in jail for a very long time, even if you had nothing to do with it at all.

Enjoy your new, close, protective relationship! :tongue:
  • BeautifulScars
    BeautifulScars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fog horn - every time she opens her mouth

*BLLLAAAAAATTTTTTTT* Sorry, didn't hear you.....

I said... *BBBLLLLAAAAAATTTTTT*

While she is asleep, hide the remote - replace w/ GIANT version and HIDE all the AA's - works best if you have Netflix / DVD / VCR and a Barney video (Telletubbies will work as well) to turn on first. Oh yes, an a pair of ear plugs for yourself.

THIS. :drinker:
  • whittytyler
    Options

Leave out a bunch of sugar free snacks in one room, then lock yourself in another. She'll be occupied for hours.

hahaha! fat free gummy bears are a different kind of tantrum... for your butt.

That'll teach her.
  • nopotofgold
    Options

hahaha! fat free gummy bears are a different kind of tantrum... for your butt.

That'll teach her.

You have to read the reviews. They are to Funny.
    http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/dp/B006J1FBLM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408390800&sr=8-1&keywords=sugar+free+gummy+bears
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Haha my advice actually goes both ways. You are an adult, kick her out. No respect, no home. Pretty sure that is a universal rule with families and everyone is over the age of 18. :wink:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Haha my advice actually goes both ways. You are an adult, kick her out. No respect, no home. Pretty sure that is a universal rule with families and everyone is over the age of 18. :wink:

I totally agree in 99% of situations and this definitely sounds like one of them.

I really need to learn to stop giving sincere advice in these threads.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options

I totally agree in 99% of situations and this definitely sounds like one of them.

I really need to learn to stop giving sincere advice in these threads.

My mom and dad moved to France. When they come back to the UK they stay at my house.
    The very first time they did I told them the following:
    My house my rules, If you are going to be late for dinner a phone call would be expected and no hanky panky under my roof... HahahaHahaha
    My mom told me to p##s off lol

While it was said in jest, there is an e element of truth to it.
    If your mom and step dad respected you, they wouldn't treat you this way.
    I think you need to put your foot down and be brutal.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ....You are an adult. Move out????????? :laugh:

+1
    +10
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Give her NyQuil 4 times a day.

^^This.