Can't finish my 97 cal lunch?!?! Too full!

Options

Replies

• TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter to the rescue!!!!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Eat a cookie.

Seriously. My snack (crackers cheese and pepperoni slices) is almost 3 times what your lunch as.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

This!!!

People go in with a lose weight fast attitude when they should be going in with a let's start a healthy lifestyle attitude. You don't lose 5 lbs of fat in one day. You can lose 5 lbs of water and *kitten* in one day taking the "detox" crap.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I can honestly tell you that I've never in my life had this problem before. My lunch today is a salad with romaine lettuce, green onions, about 1 cup of zucchini, and some vinegar dressing and hot chili sauce.

I'm full! I had grapefruit for breakfast and have had about 3 glasses of water throughout the day so far, nothing out of the ordinary. MFP is telling me I have 1,061 calories left for the day... there's no way I'm coming close to that!

I know they recommend 1200 calories to lose weight steadily and with health in mind, but is this really a bad thing? I'm feeling satisfied, well, and getting good nutrition from fresh vegetables and fruits and am seriously cutting down on any types of breads/starches and animal foods.

My food was like this yesterday too, and ended the day with about 600 calories left to consume. I was too full to eat, and I even allowed myself to have a small serving of ice cream at 150 calories!

I don't feel like I should force down the food just to reach a certain number... am I okay in this thinking? I feel great. I lost 5 pounds from yesterday to today. (I am drinking a detox tea, as well, and realize some of this is water weight).

So am I right to go full steam ahead with basically a vegan diet and not worry as much about the true number because it is healthy eating and I'm not experiencing any ill effects?

There's my long-winded post. It's in my family genes. :laugh: :tongue:

Seriously.....and I don't mean this negatively. I believe that you should go seek help from a mental health professional. It sounds like the issue is more mental than physical. You need to be eating more food.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Your pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. When we over eat - we go nuts. When we try to lose weight - we also go overboard. It's easy to do and you find yourself in that place where you are filling up on a lot of low calorie foods. This sounds right until you start looking at your macros and realize your nutrition is suffering. Not good.

Come back to the middle of the road. Put some salad dressing and protein on your salad. Eat some carbs with your grapefruit. What you are doing is not sustainable for the majority of people. I was once you. Read this link and make a plan that is right for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck
  • TheIgnorantTroll
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Please eat at least 1200 calories a day, even if you have to add a scoop of peanut butter before bed.

Your organs require a certain amount of fuel to function properly. You need those calories to even do things like make hair. I'm sure you don't want to start losing clumps of it. Also, if you hit a plateau at that low of calories, you'll have nowhere to adjust down to because you're already too low. Take it from the posters who have been doing this longer and have the experience to back it up.

EAT.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    OP, I don't mean to pile on here, but this is written in your profile: "With drinking a detox tea, it is also common to lose more quickly as your body works to rid the body of intestinal sludge and parasites, and cleans out the wastes in the cells of the body."

This information is incorrect. Whoever told you this/wherever you read this is not credible. Please do this the healthful and sustainable way - eat well, exercise, and let your liver and kidneys do the "detoxing" for you - not some tea that is making you lose water weight.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There is far more to proper nutrition and getting your requisite nutrients than just fruits and veggies. You need protein and you need dietary fat...these things are essential to proper diet.

There is nothing wrong with being a vegan...but you also have to know what you're doing...you don't just suck on salads and celery sticks.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I have days where I don't eat a lot and don't feel like shoving food in my face. Honestly, I don't have many of those days, because if I did I probably wouldn't be on MFP! :laugh: So, if this is a day or two thing, no need to worry. Stick with healthy foods. If you feel like you need some energy, but don't want to eat, then eat some calorie-dense-but-healthy foods like nuts and avocado, etc. But, if this is a going-on-for-weeks thing, something is just NOT right, I would say.

Also, after a few days of not eating much, if you have a day where you are freakin' hungry, go with it... just don't go crazy. Eat sensible, healthy foods. If you go over some on your daily goal, don't sweat it because you just had a couple days where you were under. It averages out.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You may feel fine on this for a while...but think about the long-term. You may lose weight quickly, but some of it is guaranteed to be muscle mass. Also, eventually, it is likely that you will get HUNGRY and start binging, because you simply are not giving your body enough fuel.
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would be VERY concerned that this "detox tea" you are drinking has speed in it.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Well...we're assuming that the "magical fat fairy" theory has already been discounted. I'd love to hear how else people get obese if not for eating too much.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Your pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. When we over eat - we go nuts. When we try to lose weight - we also go overboard. It's easy to do and you find yourself in that place where you are filling up on a lot of low calorie foods. This sounds right until you start looking at your macros and realize your nutrition is suffering. Not good.

Come back to the middle of the road. Put some salad dressing and protein on your salad. Eat some carbs with your grapefruit. What you are doing is not sustainable for the majority of people. I was once you. Read this link and make a plan that is right for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck

^^^This. She is wise!! Good luck.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

they THINK they are only eating that much. there was recently a thread where someone was shocked that their basket of onion rings and hot wings that were from chickens that must be the size of turkeys came out to be close to 2000 calories.

i think this is also why people who have been obese and do a lot of diets end up saying "i've tried everything" when in fact they havent since the one thing they probably never tried (MODERATION) would have been the one thing that could have helped them stick with the weight loss and keep it off.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Please eat at least 1200 calories a day, even if you have to add a scoop of peanut butter before bed.

Your organs require a certain amount of fuel to function properly. You need those calories to even do things like make hair. I'm sure you don't want to start losing clumps of it. Also, if you hit a plateau at that low of calories, you'll have nowhere to adjust down to because you're already too low. Take it from the posters who have been doing this longer and have the experience to back it up.

EAT.

+1
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Gawd I wish I had your problem. Or even half your problem.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    So you are eating a bunch of low calorie food that has a lot of volume and think that you are going to properly fuel your body?

You may want to reconsider your food choices.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You're not getting enough nutrients from a bit of fruit and veg, if you think you can sustain starving your body like this you are 100% WRONG.

Seriously, I think you're kidding yourself. A newborn baby takes in more calories.