Can't finish my 97 cal lunch?!?! Too full!

Options

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Aren't our intestines supposed to have sludge in them?
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.

Thank you. I have now learned, in merely the two short posts from you in this thread, that you have no clue what you are talking about. I will now view your posts as entertainment only and will be sure to have popcorn prepared before reading. I appreciate the additional opportunity for amusement. :flowerforyou:

Well if I can make one person laugh! I guess while your laughing at my ignorance your leaving some other poor sod alone so it's all good.

Enjoy your popcorn!

*you're
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    How much did you eat yesterday? And the day before that? And the day before that?

Enough? Then I'm pretty sure you're not going to starve.

I highly doubt I'll starve... have you seen my profile picture? LOLOLOL

It is possible to starve to death with fat on your body. There are nutrients you need to survive that are not stored in your body and must be replenished frequently. Starvation takes 2-4 months.

This isn't funny. You got issues...stop by a professional counselor on your way to diet-land so you don't injure yourself.
  • juliannebehnke
    Options
    Eat your veggies and drink your tea if that's what you want!! It's impossible to get your calories up on mainly vegetables, but starvation mode is a myth. I eat a very low calorie diet as well because of what I usually eat (tons of non-starchy vegetables in every color but especially green, lots of chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, nonfat plain greek yogurt, some fruit and legumes, less nuts, seeds, avocado, olives, and unsweetened cocoa powder, and occasionally steak/lamb, ice cream/frozen yogurt/a blended frozen banana) and drink (water, black coffee, and green tea) - but I eat a ton and my meals are way more than 97 calories. You will begin to feel hungrier soon. It's normal for your appetite to fluctuate when you change what you eat. It's vital that you eat enough protein and lift heavy weights or you will lose a lot of muscle mass in your calorie deficit. I can't stress that enough. The site muscleforlife.com helped me a lot, and the book Leaner Thinner Stronger. Do thorough research on nutrition and exercise. Good luck!

Thanks! :)
  • juliannebehnke
    Options

Sure...and tapeworms and parasites. Yum.
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...it was really hard for me to concentrate on answering the question proposed. My internal parasites were playing in my intestinal sludge and that's very distracting.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Honestly .. sorry don't believe you.
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Julianne,

To me it sounds like you have done a lot of reading about different ways to lose weight fast; two of which are using a detox tea and becoming a vegetarian. You have also combined this with eating a low calorie diet. The problem is that you are all over the place. What you need to do is decide what you can sustain. This is something that you are going to be doing for the long haul, not something that ends when the scale reads that magic number.

Were you always a vegetarian, or are you just adopting it now to lose this weight? This is a major decision to make. Is your son going to be vegetarian or just you? People who adhere to a vegetarian lifestyle or a vegan lifestyle have to plan carefully how to get all the nutrients they need. It's more than just putting a salad together. My suggestion is that if you want to adopt this type of lifestyle, you research it thoroughly so you do the best for you.

Little changes in your old way of eating would most likely be more sustainable and be less stressful in the long run when it comes to continually making meals for you and your son.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

This question has been answered pretty much every time one of these threads comes up.

Lots of people gain weight by eating (a) when they aren't really hungry (for comfort purposes, because it tastes good), and (b) smaller volumes of really calorie dense things (sweets, take out, etc.).

People also often don't have a good understanding of what a moderate balanced diet is and think that when you are going to lose weight you have to cut out carbs and fat, etc.

So quite often people get really motivated to change their diets and lose weight once and for all, construct a really rigorous diet that still involves a pretty good volume of food (you can eat lots of vegetables without many calories), and actually end up eating more food than they did in an average day before, although far fewer calories. Sometimes they undercount the calories, since they forget to take into account stuff like any oil it's cooked in, but often the counts are accurate. The fact that they are eating plenty of volume plus the excitement of starting a new plan tends to make them feel really satisfied in many cases--often surprising even themselves.

Having expected to be unsatisfied and hungry and excited that it's easier than expected, they find the idea that they should eat more when not hungry absurd.

IMO, this problem, such as it is, almost always takes care of itself, because eating the kind of diet talked about, for most people who haven't been in the habit of it, gets dull after a while. (This is not the same thing as saying a healthy diet gets dull.)

A softer way of coming to that realization would probably be to think about whether you really want to and need to cut everything you are, especially since eating really low calories over time isn't going to be sustainable for most.

That someone finds it so for a couple of days really isn't surprising.
  • reighngold
    reighngold Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I can honestly tell you that I've never in my life had this problem before. My lunch today is a salad with romaine lettuce, green onions, about 1 cup of zucchini, and some vinegar dressing and hot chili sauce.

I'm full! I had grapefruit for breakfast and have had about 3 glasses of water throughout the day so far, nothing out of the ordinary. MFP is telling me I have 1,061 calories left for the day... there's no way I'm coming close to that!

I know they recommend 1200 calories to lose weight steadily and with health in mind, but is this really a bad thing? I'm feeling satisfied, well, and getting good nutrition from fresh vegetables and fruits and am seriously cutting down on any types of breads/starches and animal foods.

My food was like this yesterday too, and ended the day with about 600 calories left to consume. I was too full to eat, and I even allowed myself to have a small serving of ice cream at 150 calories!

I don't feel like I should force down the food just to reach a certain number... am I okay in this thinking? I feel great. I lost 5 pounds from yesterday to today. (I am drinking a detox tea, as well, and realize some of this is water weight).

So am I right to go full steam ahead with basically a vegan diet and not worry as much about the true number because it is healthy eating and I'm not experiencing any ill effects?

There's my long-winded post. It's in my family genes. :laugh: :tongue:

Seriously.....and I don't mean this negatively. I believe that you should go seek help from a mental health professional. It sounds like the issue is more mental than physical. You need to be eating more food.

I am gonna add a second voice to the "This could be bad mentally/emotionally" comments. Having suffered from eating disorders (binging and purging then anorexia) I can tell you that this thought process is eerily familiar sounding. I used to get full on a jolly rancher, or a cherry tomato. I wasn't full, it was my brain messing with me, I was sick. Not saying you are, but this kind of thinking, while "harmless" at first, can lead us down a very negative/scary/dangerous path. I started out wanting to lose weight, and ended up with heart palpitations and psycho therapy. You are smart enough to know that fruit and veggies alone are not a well rounded diet, remind yourself of that and add in the things you know you're missing.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry...it was really hard for me to concentrate on answering the question proposed. My internal parasites were playing in my intestinal sludge and that's very distracting.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TheIgnorantTroll
    Options

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.

Thank you. I have now learned, in merely the two short posts from you in this thread, that you have no clue what you are talking about. I will now view your posts as entertainment only and will be sure to have popcorn prepared before reading. I appreciate the additional opportunity for amusement. :flowerforyou:

Well if I can make one person laugh! I guess while your laughing at my ignorance your leaving some other poor sod alone so it's all good.

Enjoy your popcorn!

*you're

I did that especially for you. I knew you couldn't resist it. It's in your nature. Popcorn nice was it?
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Random, not related to the thread :huh:

OH

and NO :noway:
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Enjoy your popcorn!

*you're

I did that especially for you. I knew you couldn't resist it. It's in your nature. Popcorn nice was it?

Oh you're just a troll.

*ignore*
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    How much did you eat yesterday? And the day before that? And the day before that?

Enough? Then I'm pretty sure you're not going to starve.

I highly doubt I'll starve... have you seen my profile picture? LOLOLOL

Overweight/obese people can die of malnutrition, it is no joke.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options

Sure...and tapeworms and parasites. Yum.

If you have tapeworms you would need more intervention than any over the counter detox or tea can provide. You don't have anything in your intestines that is not supposed to be there.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Please send me a friend request immediately.
  • MystifiedFluff
    MystifiedFluff Posts: 50 Member
    Options

To answer your question, yes, some people can gain weight from overeating then get full on few calories, especially if they have went from empty calorie junk food to a healthy, natural diet. You can easily down a huge soda, but the same calories eaten as steamed veggies could be too filling.

Hope that helps explain the issue to your boggled mind :)
  • DianeHuybers
    DianeHuybers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think listening to your body cues is important, but it's got to stay within a certain range. Someday your body will tell you it's starving...but should you go and eat 3,000 calories that day? No. It's just your mind playing tricks on you. In the same way you shouldn't eat too little.

Stick between 1,200 -1,800 calories a day. if you need to eat smaller meals more frequently to get your calories min than do it - apple with peanut butter sort of thing.

Great job on listening to your body and good luck!!