Can't finish my 97 cal lunch?!?! Too full!

Options

Replies

• TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This may be fine for one or two days, but in the long-term, you're going to need to fuel your body with more calories and protein. It's likely that you'll hit a wall within the next few weeks and crash and burn if you don't eat in a sustainable way. The often quoted bare minimum is 1200, and many lose weight healthily eating more then that. You need fat an protein.

That's the important bit.

It's not so much that the calories represent some magical, arbitrary number that you have to hit, but it's what goes into those calories, specifically in the form of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins.

Get your essentials of them, and then you can start to worry about your caloric target if you're running too low and feel out of energy.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, I'm sure your body burned over 17,000 calories yesterday.

Also, it's not like vitamins and minerals really matter.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    This just really makes me want another pizza....
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    How much did you eat yesterday? And the day before that? And the day before that?

Enough? Then I'm pretty sure you're not going to starve.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

eating more than your body needs is over eating.

i think some people dont like hearing that because for some there's a huge issue about publicly eating food when you're obese.

but really if you're overweight you ate more food than your body needs, if you're obese then you ate more food than you needed on a consistent basis over a good amount of time.
  • TheIgnorantTroll
    Options
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    As a vegan I find the trend of fellow vegans using "Vegan status" as some sort of exemption from eating a healthy amount of calories both sad and a frustrating trend as it provides ammunition that it is irrational and unhealthy because they are in their own words "eating healthy" what you are doing is neither healthy nor sustainable

Google calorie/nutrient dense foods if you truly want to eat healthily.

Here are two links that describe what may result from your eating habits if you persist, the first is relatively easy to read and the most common side effects, the second is an in-depth look at adaptive thermogenesis.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1077746-starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss

As a parent and an adult you should be displaying more common sense than this.
  • juliannebehnke
    Options
    .m
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one here that's curious as to what internal parasites that you think you have and need detox tea for?

In for the intestinal sludge.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Throw out the detox tea. Eat more calorie dense foods. Instead of trying to eat thousands of calories of lettuce add in things like avocado, nuts, get some protein in there - maybe some beans if you don't want to eat animal products. 97 calories is a small snack, not a meal. Your body is going to eventually rebel if you refuse to fuel it.

This!^

Calorie dense can mean nutrient dense too. Nuts, nut butters, olive oil....dietary fat doesn't make you fat. Protein....vegan or not, you need to figure out how to get more.

Your body is using calories 24/7. You need fuel for building blood cells and skin cells....so many other things. If your body has to choose between fueling your heart muscle or fueling a full head of hair.....the heart is going to win.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Maybe some people are .....*clearsthroat* "BIGboned!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Well, this post certainly has it all.

I. die.

Perfect post!
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats. We're not talking about quantity but quality.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.

So are you telling me that the 50 pounds I've lost eating bacon and ice cream was the wrong way to do it?
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

LOL

Now there is such thing as wrong foods? Please shine your wealth of knowledge on me. Since I lost weight still eating fast food, pizza, ice cream and chocolate in moderation, I clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    Options

What are the "wrong" foods?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

What are those "wrong" food?

2690262108_c0b7febf7a.jpg

Easy to Swallow Tape Worms??
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

The ones that I can't eat as much as I want of as often as I want to and still lose weight. AKA everything.

Moderation. It works.
  • _BearNecessities_
    _BearNecessities_ Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Thank you. I have now learned, in merely the two short posts from you in this thread, that you have no clue what you are talking about. I will now view your posts as entertainment only and will be sure to have popcorn prepared before reading. I appreciate the additional opportunity for amusement. :flowerforyou:
  • juliannebehnke
    Options
    Your pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. When we over eat - we go nuts. When we try to lose weight - we also go overboard. It's easy to do and you find yourself in that place where you are filling up on a lot of low calorie foods. This sounds right until you start looking at your macros and realize your nutrition is suffering. Not good.

Come back to the middle of the road. Put some salad dressing and protein on your salad. Eat some carbs with your grapefruit. What you are doing is not sustainable for the majority of people. I was once you. Read this link and make a plan that is right for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck

Thanks for your kindness... I'll look at the site. I don't know why people can be so rude and unkind as in some of these other posts. I focus on the good in life, and so I thank you very kindly for your advice. :)
  • 4daluvof_candice
    Options

2690262108_c0b7febf7a.jpg

Easy to Swallow Tape Worms??

O WoW!!! LOL!! A Revelation:noway: