• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies
    "Canadian Bacon" (It's called ham, people)
    Not big on banana peppers, but I can tolerate
    canadian bacon is different than ham. i dont know what you muricans get but canadian bacon has a cornmeal coating AND IT IS DELICIOUS ON EVERYTHING

Authentic Canadian bacon must be different then. Here in the US (at least around here), Canadian bacon is thin slices of straight up salt cured ham. No cornmeal coating on this stuff.

Well, I'm Canadian... or well French-Canadian! And my bacon is normal thank you.:tongue: What you're talking about (the ham bits), we call it "lardon" and it's French!

For the thin slices of salt cured ham, isn't that prosciutto?

It's not like prosciutto at all! It's just ham... in small, round slices.

This^^^
    Prosciutto is different and amazing. What I'm talking about is cut into thin slices (about the size of pepperoni slices) or they will use the deli style, which is just BIGGER round slices of ham that's cut into 4 quarter moon shapes. Below is the type most common here, which is just ham:

0003760039400_500X500.jpg
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I was driving cross country about 10 years ago and stopped in this tiny place in the middle of Saskatchewan. I don't think they had ever really understood the idea of pizza there because I ordered a pepperoni pizza and it came with balogna instead of pepperoni and bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce. :sick:
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies
    canadian bacon is different than ham. i dont know what you muricans get but canadian bacon has a cornmeal coating AND IT IS DELICIOUS ON EVERYTHING

Authentic Canadian bacon must be different then. Here in the US (at least around here), Canadian bacon is thin slices of straight up salt cured ham. No cornmeal coating on this stuff.

Well, I'm Canadian... or well French-Canadian! And my bacon is normal thank you.:tongue: What you're talking about (the ham bits), we call it "lardon" and it's French!

Why is Canada so much better???

We need something to cheer us up during the winter :laugh:
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Defo pineapples.

Why would you put pineapples on top of the cheese, tomato & chicken I'll never know
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies

In Quebec, our bacon looks like this :

BaconStrips.jpg

I've never seen a pizza with round slices of ham :noway:

Okay... well we all know that Quebec-ians are a special breed of Canadian anyway. But yeah... Canadian bacon is just ham. Usually, it doesn't show up on the pizza whole. It's diced. As a matter of fact, I've never seen a pizza with whole slices of bacon on it. What pizza place does that?

Prosciutto is like a combination of ham and bacon.
  • melduf
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies

This^^^
    Prosciutto is different and amazing. What I'm talking about is cut into thin slices (about the size of pepperoni slices) or they will use the deli style, which is just BIGGER round slices of ham that's cut into 4 quarter moon shapes. Below is the type most common here, which is just ham:

Weird. I love pizza and I've tried some all over the Quebec, and I've crossed the Canada by car to Vancouver and I never saw or ate that!!
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies

BaconStrips.jpg

Here, regular bacon (breakfast bacon) looks like that too... But "canadian bacon" is this whole other thing.
  • melduf
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies

BaconStrips.jpg

Okay... well we all know that Quebec-ians are a special breed of Canadian anyway. But yeah... Canadian bacon is just ham. Usually, it doesn't show up on the pizza whole. It's diced. As a matter of fact, I've never seen a pizza with whole slices of bacon on it. What pizza place does that?

Prosciutto is like a combination of ham and bacon.

I have seen pizza with whole slices. But in small towns were people pretty much do whatever they want and call it what ever they want lol
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    For me, I can't stand:

Pineapple
    Olives
    CANNED mushrooms
    Anchovies

This^^^

Weird. I love pizza and I've tried some all over the Quebec, and I've crossed the Canada by car to Vancouver and I never saw or ate that!!

May not be that brand or whatever, but that's what the "canadian bacon" (ham) looks like. As far as taste, nothing distinguishes it from regular everyday sandwich ham.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I like my pizza with a side of diabeetus...

mcdonalds-pizza.jpg

Which is kind of funny because I am a diabetic. But gawd, who would defile a pizza like this?
  • melduf
    Options

mcdonalds-pizza.jpg

Which is kind of funny because I am a diabetic. But gawd, who would defile a pizza like this?

Someone needed an excuse to add carbs lol
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Pineapple. I love it cold but not in warm stuff.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    chicken

seriously- who puts chicken on a pizza
    you havent lived until youve tried a bbq chicken pizza

Stuffed chicken parmesan pizza is awesome!
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sausage - I'm not a fan of too much sausage.
    Jack-Nicholson-YES-horny.gif
  • YF92
    Options

mcdonalds-pizza.jpg

lolwut
  • YF92
    Options
    chicken

seriously- who puts chicken on a pizza
    you havent lived until youve tried a bbq chicken pizza

Stuffed chicken parmesan pizza is awesome!

You guys got the right idea
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    The canadian bacon (read: f*&%ing ham) pics are making me gag, y'all.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options

mcdonalds-pizza.jpg

Someone needed an excuse to add carbs lol
    "shut up, i'm bulking!"
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    THIS is what I miss about Ireland... "bacon", ie. back rashers, are far superior to any other form of bacon. Especially little round Hormel Canadian Bacon, which is a sin against God Almighty.

66-102-large.jpg