What the Hell?

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    20 posts in almost two years?

Yeah. It's definitely the MFP community, not you.

OMG you are SO right! Seriously I'm not too stupid to see that this is sarcasm and you are part of the problem. So what would YOU do if nobody acknowledged your existence after 20 posts? Keep talking to yourself? I don't think so.

I make myself known. I don't wait around to be acknowledged.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OMG you are SO right! Seriously I'm not too stupid to see that this is sarcasm and you are part of the problem. So what would YOU do if nobody acknowledged your existence after 20 posts? Keep talking to yourself? I don't think so.

So it is everyone else's fault that you weren't social enough for people to get to know you and now you are upset because someone had the gall to point out the fault in the logic that you think 20 posts in 2 years is going to get you some intense recognition?
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Or maybe it's getting snarky replies like this (and others in this thread) that turned her off to posting? Which comes first, the chicken or the egg?

I have also found that not everyone on here is super warm and fuzzy. I agree with the posters who said you have to just find the good ones and ignore people who are rude or ignore you. There's a lot of people on here, you'll find supportive ones that don't ignore you! ...and do post more!

MFP's forums can be a really damn snarky, mean-spirited place.

Not as bad as, say, bodybuilding.com, but mean, nonetheless.

Good folks are out there, though. It's a matter of finding them.
  • wheird
    Options
    I like snarky. Weeds out the dumbs.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Wait, wut? Tons of posts don't get a response. Most of them, actually. 20 posts is nothing, not even a blip.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the internet.

This^,
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options

Yes you do. I think I had about 200 before I got a response. It's not the real world, it is, as others have pointed out, a fast moving Internet site
  • wheird
    Options

Wait, wut? Tons of posts don't get a response. Most of them, actually. 20 posts is nothing, not even a blip.

Hell, I can fire out 20 in less than an hour. :laugh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Need attention? Ask if Shakeology or a cleanse/detox is right for you. I dare ya
  • VBnotbitter
    Options
    And incidentally you ignored my post above offering nicely worded advice. It's fine I'm not butthurt but do you see your logic fail?
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    We're all here for the same thing
    BNAYwsG.jpg

IDIOTS!!! I can't believe that! The top of the ladder is pressing against a freshly painted part of the wall! They're going to have to paint that section all over again.
    I was thinking idiot because if they are painting most rollers screw on to a broom handle...so why wouldn't you just do that?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Need attention? Ask if Shakeology or a cleanse/detox is right for you. I dare ya

"Do wraps work for weight loss?" is also a guaranteed attention getter. :tongue:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

ummmm...nobody is talking to me right now. And I'm still posting. Trying to help you, but you are ignoring me and focusing on what you are perceiving as negative. Whatever you focus on you will get more of, so try focusing on what is positive for you in this thread and what you find helpful. Do that elsewhere as well.:flowerforyou:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hell, there are times I'm ignored on my own wall and in some groups I'm in. I just assume it means the people around me on here have good sense. *nods* true story

At the end of the day, It's probably because you've been here that long and haven't been terribly active in the forum. Post more, be more vocal about what you think and do. You'll find both jerks and friends. Cling to those worth clinging to, and cull those worth culling.
  • VBnotbitter
    Options

ummmm...nobody is talking to me right now. And I'm still posting. Trying to help you, but you are ignoring me and focusing on what you are perceiving as negative. Whatever you focus on you will get more of, so try focusing on what is positive for you in this thread and what you find helpful. Do that elsewhere as well.:flowerforyou:

She's ignoring me as well, shall we talk to each other?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    And incidentally you ignored my post above offering nicely worded advice. It's fine I'm not butthurt but do you see your logic fail?
    ...again
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Redacted after reading below.

Hope you sort it out, OP
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

She's ignoring me as well, shall we talk to each other?
    ...and now we have posted simultaneously, and thus ignored each other. We're doomed!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options

I was going to post the same thing but decided it would seem...I dunno ironic? Haha. I got ignored! Maybe I should start my own thread?