Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I've never been to Chipotle's becasue I hate Mexican food,

Hi, welcome to earth! You must be new here.

I don't think I've ever met or talked to ANYONE that doesn't like Mexican food... lol
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Someone posts something helpful about logging accuracy and for that "they deserve to be fat?"

400 calories is negligible?

This place... so many interesting opinions. :ohwell:

It's amazing. The OP didn't really say or do anything to deserve some of this insane, snarky backlash. But hey, it's the internet, par for the course.

Ignoring the fact that you too have taken the quote out of context, actually yeah, they did. It wasn't just hey everyone, you may be getting more food than you think. It was now I'll go "fix" the problem by making them give everyone less food = less value for your money. That's really quite silly when you think about it, but I suppose the approved response is, "thank you for the information, you're so great!"
    So the anger is over people thinking that one customer is going to impact their own burrito size? Chipotle has over 1600 restaurants, 45,000 employees and food specs for each dish. I think your burrito will be ok.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Someone posts something helpful about logging accuracy and for that "they deserve to be fat?"

400 calories is negligible?

This place... so many interesting opinions. :ohwell:

It's amazing. The OP didn't really say or do anything to deserve some of this insane, snarky backlash. But hey, it's the internet, par for the course.

Ignoring the fact that you too have taken the quote out of context, actually yeah, they did. It wasn't just hey everyone, you may be getting more food than you think. It was now I'll go "fix" the problem by making them give everyone less food = less value for your money. That's really quite silly when you think about it, but I suppose the approved response is, "thank you for the information, you're so great!"
    So the anger is over people thinking that one customer is going to impact their own burrito size? Chipotle has over 1600 restaurants, 45,000 employees and food specs for each dish. I think your burrito will be ok.

Excellent point. Sounds like you agree that the OP should stop whining and just man up and take personal responsibility because contacting corporate is a waste of time. Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

I'm glad we're on the same page
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me I haven't had Chipotle in awhile. Looks like a double meat bowl for lunch today!
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    What was wrong with letting the forum know he suspects the reported calories are significantly wrong? People do posts about food scales and USDA tolerances and other logging inaccuracies without being told to "man up".

I can't believe anyone posts any new threads here with the reactions they're likely to get. No wonder MFP has someone to re-register and bump old threads every day.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    After reading the highlights of this thread, all I can say is .... wow.

I'm not new here and anyone who knows me and has seen my posts knows I am all for personal responsibility and I don't subscribe to the MFP meanies mentality but....why is everyone being so nasty? It thought this was a fair observation. Not everyone is experienced at calorie counting. A lot of people, at some point or another, have relied on restaurant calorie postings. I'm pretty sure his phone call to Chipotle isn't going to ruin anyone's dinner.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    After reading the highlights of this thread, all I can say is .... wow.

I'm not new here and anyone who knows me and has seen my posts knows I am all for personal responsibility and I don't subscribe to the MFP meanies mentality but....why is everyone being so nasty? It thought this was a fair observation. Not everyone is experienced at calorie counting. A lot of people, at some point or another, have relied on restaurant calorie postings. I'm pretty sure his phone call to Chipotle isn't going to ruin anyone's dinner.
    Agreed. I was ready to flame until I actually read the OP. He has a valid point and I don't think he's trying to get out of being responsible. He's actually offering good information FOR being more responsible.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    What was wrong with letting the forum know he suspects the reported calories are significantly wrong? People do posts about food scales and USDA tolerances and other logging inaccuracies without being told to "man up".

I can't believe anyone posts any new threads here with the reactions they're likely to get. No wonder MFP has someone to re-register and bump old threads every day.

We're just going around in circles at this point. You won't read anything that's written anyway
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    If a woman had posted this about Pei Wei, there'd be no reaction besides "thanks", I bet.

I think Chipotle is near to sacred among men and manly eaters, ever since %$#* Tim Ferriss and his "Four Hour Body". :laugh:
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ???

I need to get into gifs, stat. Just for you :laugh:
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I find it incredibly funny that when someone logs on here and says they are having problems losing weight, the very first response (and the 80 pile-on posts behind that) is "You're eating too much" and "you're not being accurate" and "you are underestimating.".

Yet when somebody comes on and tries to give info about how a popular chain can be calorically inaccurate, they're told to man up and stop whining.

I also love how respondents on this site will talk about calories as if they were some precise measurement ..." adjust by 100 calories"..." you need to up your calories by 250..." etc.

It's all very entertaining.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I find it incredibly funny that when someone logs on here and says they are having problems losing weight, the very first response (and the 80 pile-on posts behind that) is "You're eating too much" and "you're not being accurate" and "you are underestimating.".

Yet when somebody comes on and tries to give info about how a popular chain can be calorically inaccurate, they're told to man up and stop whining.

I also love how respondents on this site will talk about calories as if they were some precise measurement ..." adjust by 100 calories"..." you need to up your calories by 250..." etc.

I'm sorry, did you say something. I thought you did but with no face it just sounds like mumbling. Sorry there faceless warrior.

I usually find faceless peeps with no friends to be trolls by there OP.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    I'm sorry, did you say something. I thought you did but with no face it just sounds like mumbling. Sorry there faceless warrior.
    I think JaneiR36 is offering reading tutoring, if that helps. :tongue:
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle and calories!! That is all
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Chipotle has been my go-to weekday lunch choice for several months now. (Seriously, check my diary.) I'll point it out when I think they're skimping on any ingredients. They frequently give me less meat than what I believe to be the 4 oz it is supposed to be (based on my own estimation skills from 3+ years of weighing my food), and occasionally short my rice.

I'm mostly just posting this to remind me to read this thread when I return from my lunch at...you guessed it...Chipotle.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

So...if we don't post a picture of ourselves...we are trolls???

Oh well...I have been called worse I suppose.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options

i was thinking the same thing. then again, i have to admit that i'm sure part of the reaction everyone is having is because chipotle is so freaking good that it's hard not to want more.

when i do go (which isn't often), i get the salad, half chicken, half steak, with sour cream, cheese, and guac... no rice, no beans. it's a treat that i know fits my macros and will very likely end up being the only thing i eat the rest of the day because they're filling. though i honestly have to say that i've NEVER seen anyone double up on portions without the customer specifically asking. and by "asking", i mean "vocally insisting that they want more of a given topping on their food because the guy behind the counter doesn't understand what the word EXTRA means."
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

So...if we don't post a picture of ourselves...we are trolls???

Oh well...I have been called worse I suppose.

Please see bold. LOL