Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options
Hi, I just contacted Chipotle to verify how many servings of each item are supposed to go into a burrito bowl. I was shocked to find out that myself and most other people who eat at Chipotle have consumed way more calories than they are supposed to. The nutrition facts on a burrito bowl include one spoonful of any item that you add to the nutrition calculator. Unfortunately, many if not all Chipotle employees will double things like the rice, which would add an extra 180 calories. I've also noticed that they usually add an additional half spoon of the meats they offer. Next time you go to Chipotle, ask for only one spoonful of each item or you may be consuming way more calories than you planned.

Replies

• All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I choose not to go to Chipolte. I make my own burrito bowl if I'm really hungry for one. That way, I know what and how much I add of the ingredients I want.
  • fatasfack
    fatasfack Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Smart, I'm guessing you are new to the app based on your weight loss so far. Good luck and you will be amazed how much weight you lose if you really use the app.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I read, re-read, and read this post, and I'm still not seeing the issue.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdwiqsXYsP1r0m16v.gif
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    This complaint is not valid. Give me moar Chipotle!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    most other people who eat at Chipotle have consumed way more calories than they are supposed to. The nutrition facts on a burrito bowl include one spoonful of any item that you add to the nutrition calculator. Unfortunately, many if not all Chipotle employees will double things like the rice, which would add an extra 180 calories. I've also noticed that they usually add an additional half spoon of the meats they offer.
    Good. I thought I was crazy. Now I know its not my imagination. I havent gone there in a long time
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Hi, if you go on their website and create a chicken bowl with no cheese or sour cream, it will tell you that you are consuming 480 calories. However, this number is based on Chipotle employees putting one full serving of all your ingredients in the bowl. Unfortunately, many employees will put twice the amount of rice and 50% more meat than they are supposed to, so without you knowing, your bowl becomes a 800 calorie bowl that you recorded as a 480 calorie bowl.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    When I go to Chipotle, I tell the server not to skimp on anything and make sure those spoons are FULL!! :drinker: So yeah not seeing an issue either.......
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I can't eat a whole burrito bowl anyway - if I'm getting Chipotle it is both lunch AND dinner. AND I get my white flour tortilla on the side to help scoop up the deliciousness. Chipotle is high in calories, and high in delicious flavor. I accept it the way it is.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    If I had just strictly been on a Chipotle diet and planned on losing half a pound a week, I would actually be gaining weight. Not cool.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Some employees don't pay attention to how much food they are giving away. If anything, that costs the restaurant more money. My sister's restaurant ( she is the manager at a Chipotle ) is really strict on portions, just because of food costs.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Smart, I'm guessing you are new to the app based on your weight loss so far. Good luck and you will be amazed how much weight you lose if you really use the app.

Wow really?
    Some people reset their tickers to show smaller manageable goals.
    Ive lost over 20 pounds but my ticker shows 4.

I suggest getting your mouth shut on others tickers. Maybe grab some Chipotle to help you but I think your foot is taking up all the room.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a whole burrito bowl anyway - if I'm getting Chipotle it is both lunch AND dinner. AND I get my white flour tortilla on the side to help scoop up the deliciousness. Chipotle is high in calories, and high in delicious flavor. I accept it the way it is.

Are you serious?

One time my husband wanted something else and I wanted Chipotle, so we went to Chipotle first got my burrito and by the time we drove over the the drive thru he wanted his thing from he looks over at me and goes "do you want anything here?" ....i had already killed that burrito.

giphy-4.gif

I mean, I didn't get overweight from eating halves of things at restaurants? I can't be the only one?
  • fatasfack
    Options
    They are giving you more than the nutrition facts say. That is the problem. You think your burrito bowl is 480 calories, but it ends up being over 70 calories most times.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Haha impressive.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    It said 0 lbs lost.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options

Wow really?
    Some people reset their tickers to show smaller manageable goals.
    Ive lost over 20 pounds but my ticker shows 4.

I suggest getting your mouth shut on others tickers. Maybe grab some Chipotle to help you but I think your foot is taking up all the room.

I don't think he was trying to be rude! If you read the way he writes you can tell. I think he was genuine :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I think this is something that commonly happens at tons of restaurants, not just there. Depending on how the person prepares the food item, the calories can really vary widely. I generally distrust anything that I didn't prepare myself. It's fine for a treat, as I enjoy going out and having treat meals also.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    It said 0 lbs lost.

So?
    Again, could reset a ticker. Could new a new account for a new phase of weightloss.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    They are giving you more than the nutrition facts say. That is the problem. You think your burrito bowl is 480 calories, but it ends up being over 70 calories most times.

Than stop eating out if you are that paranoid about it.