Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    This is why you shouldn't eat it everyday. If it's extra calories only once in a while, it shouldn't affect anything. It doesn't for me. But I usually ask for 'only a little' of the rice and beans but count it as the full serving and such. I think this topic is a pretty moot point really.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    I can't eat a whole burrito bowl anyway - if I'm getting Chipotle it is both lunch AND dinner. AND I get my white flour tortilla on the side to help scoop up the deliciousness. Chipotle is high in calories, and high in delicious flavor. I accept it the way it is.

Are you serious?

One time my husband wanted something else and I wanted Chipotle, so we went to Chipotle first got my burrito and by the time we drove over the the drive thru he wanted his thing from he looks over at me and goes "do you want anything here?" ....i had already killed that burrito.

giphy-4.gif

I mean, I didn't get overweight from eating halves of things at restaurants? I can't be the only one?

Haha I understand. It's just that I've eaten a whole burrito bowl maybe once, and that was when I hadn't eaten anything all day. If I eat a whole bowl I go into food coma city haha.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I can't eat a whole burrito bowl anyway - if I'm getting Chipotle it is both lunch AND dinner. AND I get my white flour tortilla on the side to help scoop up the deliciousness. Chipotle is high in calories, and high in delicious flavor. I accept it the way it is.

Are you serious?

One time my husband wanted something else and I wanted Chipotle, so we went to Chipotle first got my burrito and by the time we drove over the the drive thru he wanted his thing from he looks over at me and goes "do you want anything here?" ....i had already killed that burrito.

giphy-4.gif

I mean, I didn't get overweight from eating halves of things at restaurants? I can't be the only one?

Haha I understand. It's just that I've eaten a whole burrito bowl maybe once, and that was when I hadn't eaten anything all day. If I eat a whole bowl I go into food coma city haha.

I eat entire burrito bowls after I do my weekend long runs because I have a "food rapture" that requires 3lbs of food to satisfy, or else seven trumpets will sound
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    It's worse at restaurants with servers. The cooks want the customers to really like the food so the servers will really like the cooks. :bigsmile:

There's a local restaurant that is like top secret locals only status and people LOVE the place b/c of the extra Tequila they put in their "house" margarita.

People come back for more.

Some people call it generosity, other people call it hospitality, and I guess there will always be those who will just call foul.

frank_ocean_sued_he_didnt_want_chipotle_logo_in_chipotle_ad_m13.jpg
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a teenager and I worked at Sonic I'd always put more ice cream in the shakes and more syrup in the slushes, because more is better, right?
    i'm never eating out again.

:laugh:

I don't think that's the best way to deal with the uncertainty. I mean sure, for awhile until you get the hang of things. But life happens. There are going to be dinners out, and people bringing you cake that you didn't make and therefore have no idea of the calorie count. You just have to adjust as you go and be flexible. Imo.
    i know, i know, just. as someone recovering from an eating disorder that is absolutely terrifying to hear. not at all surprising, but still terrifying. :embarassed:
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    they do that at many restaurant chains, they will advertise an entree as 500 calories but it's not like the cooks are being precise or weighing anything out, its just a guesstimate, so we end up consuming way more...i personally don't even bother eating out anymore, i just cook myself..i count calories so i need to be sure how many i'm getting or my work and exercise for that day is for nothing.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i'm agree with the OP. i HATE when i get too much value. i be at the bank like, "can a brotha withdraw a hunnert dollars?" and teller be trying to give me six $20 bills. I be like, "STOP DOING THIS TO ME!!!!"

*shakes fist at sky*
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Haha, I mean I'm trying to lose weight. Isn't that why everyone is on here?

Nope.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Are you serious?

giphy-4.gif

I eat entire burrito bowls after I do my weekend long runs because I have a "food rapture" that requires 3lbs of food to satisfy, or else seven trumpets will sound

I ate a whole burrito bowl for dinner tonight. Because.

And I was actually upset that the lady was so skimpy with the steak.

I sense that this thread may not align with my priorities. :indifferent:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Do none of you people have Freebirds? :huh:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    53704187.jpg
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle, and I agree that their serving sizes are huge. But, I just choose not to eat the whole thing because , for me, food comas suck and the pain of fullness sucks. I don't like the way either feel, but I'm not judging anyone else who is comfortable experiencing either of them (new to MFP and learning that I've got to be specific in my postings lol). I've never ordered the somewhat healthier options, like the burrito bowl, but with the standard burrito, it's already in foil, so I just save whatever I didn't eat for later. I don't think the huge serving sizes need to be fixed. More bang for the buck, I guess.

Calorie-counting wise, I choose not to eat out often. I can make an awesome burrito at home. But...chipotle is still awesome.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    We finally got a Chipotle in my town, and now I am wondering if maybe the fact that it's still relatively new is why the portions seem really small...maybe the staff is actually following rules? haha Because I used to live in another city with Chipotle all over the place and the portions were way bigger on everything.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who has never been to Chipotle.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    OP, where is the Chipotle where they give you 2x the normal serving size? I need to know in order to g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶r̶i̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶ protest its existence.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    This thread delivers. Many lol's were had.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    OP, where is the Chipotle where they give you 2x the normal serving size? I need to know in order to g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶b̶u̶r̶r̶i̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶ protest its existence.
    i know, right?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    We finally got a Chipotle in my town, and now I am wondering if maybe the fact that it's still relatively new is why the portions seem really small...maybe the staff is actually following rules? haha Because I used to live in another city with Chipotle all over the place and the portions were way bigger on everything.

Some of them just suck at dishing out the food.

I have 3 within equal driving distance of my house. One is AWESOME and gives you all the food. Another one is pretty decent (although I did not get enough steak tonight :grumble: ). And the last one is lame and barely even fills the spoon. We've been there 4-5 times and it's always the same. So, we go to the other Chipotles now. More food = better.

Well, for me.