Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If I had just strictly been on a Chipotle diet and planned on losing half a pound a week, I would actually be gaining weight. Not cool.

For my moneys, my game plan with this new information is I'm gonna watch closely each spoonful:heart: , half extra spoonful :smooched: , and double spoonful :smokin: that goes into my burrito and just use the math's to log them as "1" serving, "1.5 servings" and "2 servings" of whatever goes in thier burritos. Then if I'm like way over, I'll work out the next day, or that evening, and or cut cals do more exercise the following day to get back on track for the week.

there is like NO WAY I am quitting Chipotle. Nuh, unh!

giphy.gif
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I read, re-read, and read this post, and I'm still not seeing the issue.

Me either. If i'm planning on going out for the day i eat very little any time before that and either get the info off a site or calculate it as close as i can.
  • fatasfack
    fatasfack Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm not sure what's wrong with that person.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Lol, this is hilarious!
  • fatasfack
    Options
    Haha, I mean I'm trying to lose weight. Isn't that why everyone is on here?
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    They are giving you more than the nutrition facts say. That is the problem. You think your burrito bowl is 480 calories, but it ends up being over 70 calories most times.

Or if you realize what a serving size is and estimate what they are actually giving you then you can plan for it. I estimate my chicken bowls at Chipotle at between 1100-1300 calories but I plan my day accordingly or don't eat there that day. If I'm going to eat it I'm going to savor it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Thanks, I'm not sure what's wrong with that person.

Inorite... now shhhh, me eat boh-rrrrreet-oh

chipotle-lasershow-spectacular.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    They are giving you more than the nutrition facts say. That is the problem. You think your burrito bowl is 480 calories, but it ends up being over 70 calories most times.

Dude, their corporate has guidelines (for inventory, forecasting, accounting purposes, etc) and that's what they post on their site. In your perfect Chipotle world, an emotionless robot with ice cream scoops for hands with built in scales would measure out the perfectly portioned burrito bowl.

If you go to a restaurant, do you think the chef measures out one precise tablespoon of butter for your meal? Nahh. This is the risk you take when you go out to eat. You should be asking yourself "is Chipotle worth the risk?" and we all know the answer is a resounding "YES." At least Chipotle offers *something* to get what is best a rough estimate.
  • fatasfack
    Options
    I'm sticking to Whole Foods where everything is weighed.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I think I know that person! Is it you?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options

Some are here to lose, others are here to maintain, or gain. There's tons of people here for many different reasons :-)
  • fatasfack
    Options
    lol, too funny man
  • fatasfack
    Options
    I guess I didn't realize that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Yes, but I'm here instead of other weight loss places/methods to lose weight WHILE enjoying delicious things like this...

burrito.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Nope. Maintaining (over a year) and ensuring I'm adequately fueled for running/racing. When I was losing, I didn't have access to a Chipotle, so I made do with Qdoba, and I understood that no two bowls were the exact same. Some days you go under, some days you go over.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

No, actually. It's a fitness site. There are people here to maintain and gain weight as well.

Also, could you use the quote function so we know who you are talking to?
  • fatasfack
    Options
    lol, so funny
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always pad an additional 250 calories to my diary as a quick add over the listed calories anytime I eat out for this reason. I allow a few meals out a week because I love them :) I usually do them at lunch and because the portions/calories are so generous, find I'm not all that hungry come dinner and do with a light meal of a salad or something. At home, I weigh everything. I got fat from years of over-estimating, over-consuming. This way has been working for me, and I don't feel that eating out is off-limits.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    ahhhhh this guy! Love it.