Chipotle is Giving Us Too Much Food

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm sticking to Whole Foods where everything is weighed.

I'll eat at that place too. I'll also eat at Chipotle. Maybe even in the same day, I know, scary right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4ctpjVzgFbd00H0whHR3I8FBCiqfZzFoO_fhHx-KqZiUj9aj9
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I don't eat there that often. When I do it is on my day that I can have more calories. I never can finish what they give me
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ahhhhh this guy! Love it.

inorite? meanwhile he has me fantasizing I'll get this guy at my next Chipotle visit....

20110311__031011_MURAL_cfw_001~p1.jpg

Don't be stingy JUNIOR keep it coming!
  • masterofnaps
    Options
    I would never be unhappy about too much food at Chipotle. I only get chicken and rice so bring it on!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    yes we are here to lose weight and eat healthy. If you go in with the knowledge you can watch to make sure they are careful with the servings. and don't eat the whole thing
  • aurorareigns
    Options
    If I had just strictly been on a Chipotle diet and planned on losing half a pound a week, I would actually be gaining weight. Not cool.

Good thing this isn't a new diet craze
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

inorite? meanwhile he has me fantasizing I'll get this guy at my next Chipotle visit....

guacamole-is-extra-shirt.jpg
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    If I had just strictly been on a Chipotle diet and planned on losing half a pound a week, I would actually be gaining weight. Not cool.

More of a cleanse really
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Haha, I mean I'm trying to lose weight. Isn't that why everyone is on here?
    You'd think, in the WEIGHT LOSS forum, but no.

Many are here to brag about how much they can eat, apparently. I've never wanted to eat a burrito the size of my arm in minutes, but I guess some envy that skill?

I think Chipotle is careful with their quac servings but probably overdoes the cheap stuff-- rice and beans.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

It should be. It so should be...

chip.png
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all restaurant food is going to be a rough estimate only. I remember when I was a teenager and I worked at Sonic I'd always put more ice cream in the shakes and more syrup in the slushes, because more is better, right? I thought I was doing the customers a favor. If you're eating out somewhere it's generally a good idea to assume you're getting more calories than the nutritional information tells you.

Also if you click the "quote" button instead of "reply" we'll be able to see to whom you're responding.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I eat Chipotle pretty often and have always just used the data from their website. Maybe the bowl I get isn't that far off or the overage in calories balances out other places in my diet, because I've been maintaining my weight loss for almost 2.5 years now. I would imagine it's like that for a lot of things - some estimates are high, some estimates are low.

As far as I'm concerned, Chipotle can continue to give me too much food. I like it, and it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on me! :-)
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

chip.png

scoop-more.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

guacamole-is-extra-shirt.jpg

i have the summer and winter versions...

41V8NaBE45L._SX342_.jpg
    il_340x270.603107458_p073.jpg

gotta be ready for all the seasons. pimpin' ain't ez.:glasses:
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a teenager and I worked at Sonic I'd always put more ice cream in the shakes and more syrup in the slushes, because more is better, right?
    i'm never eating out again.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Many are here to brag about how much they can eat, apparently. I've never wanted to eat a burrito the size of my arm in minutes, but I guess some envy that skill?

And still losing weight. :bigsmile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

chip.png

scoop-more.png

anyways OP give me a jingle on PM's if you ever hear anything really crazy 'bout Chipotle like...

liloburrito2.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a teenager and I worked at Sonic I'd always put more ice cream in the shakes and more syrup in the slushes, because more is better, right?
    i'm never eating out again.

:laugh:

I don't think that's the best way to deal with the uncertainty. I mean sure, for awhile until you get the hang of things. But life happens. There are going to be dinners out, and people bringing you cake that you didn't make and therefore have no idea of the calorie count. You just have to adjust as you go and be flexible. Imo.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

And still losing weight. :bigsmile:

I don't know why I manage to do that? I think it's all the prior and after planning. I'm not bragging that I can do it, just stating the facts. I mean, I can do that. I don't even know why. They are magical burritos that defy the laws of physics. Pretty sure my actual stomach inside me is not even that big? I think they metabolize on contact with my mouth? Only explanation I have.

IMG_9807.JPG
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It's worse at restaurants with servers. The cooks want the customers to really like the food so the servers will really like the cooks. :bigsmile: