What's Your Go-To Breakfast?

Options
Just curious, what's everyones go-to breakfast? Mine would have to be oatmeal with a few pecans and some kind of fruit. That, or toast with peanut butter and banana!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    coffee.

then lunch at 1 PMish.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    eggs, all versions are up for grabs since they are so fast to make.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    mine is similar to yours, OP. toasted english muffin with PB - sometimes sliced banana on top. i've done oatmeal in the past with some fruit pieces mixed in too. and coffee. and water.
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I won't have anything. Sometimes I'll make oatmeal. Or if I'm in a hurry and hungry, I mix up a Carnation Instant Breakfast.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Paleo Lifestyle:
    3 eggs scrambled in 2 tablespoons of butter,
    with 1/2 cup of nopales (cactus) mixed in.
    Then I'm not hungry for 4-5 hours.
  • latawnyasmith
    Options
    Oatmeal with fresh fruit
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    protein shake, fruit & yogurt or oatmeal.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    A bowl of oatmeal sweetened with Splenda and occasionally some cinnamon. Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy breakfast with traditional breakfast foods. I try and have protein and fat to keep my satisfied longer.
    I like toast with peanut butter, oats with walnuts/almonds, eggs with potatoes and cheese, egg sandwiches, french toast, pancakes etc.
  • bebedude2
    Options
    I go back and forth between wheat toast w/peanut butter and a banana (just like you) and a breakfast sandwich with Canadian bacon, 1/2 piece of American cheese, egg fried in minimal amount of butter on a Healthy Life (80 cal total) English muffin or egg over easy and toast. My friend, who has lost 30 lbs using MFP since mid-May, always just has a 100-cal Greek yogurt.

Good question! Always looking for breakfast ideas myself...:smile:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Capture_zpsea6f1305.png

Large omelet with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites + cheese + veggie if I have some on hand (today was spinach and mushrooms), the milk was a new addition to the omelet. Then I'll have oatmeal or another carb if I'm too lazy (like rice cakes, piece of bread) and some fruit, and then either another protein (today was turkey bacon) or some peanut butter. IT all depends on what I feel like eating and my calorie rack-up as I"m inputting.
  • greenforest7428
    Options
    My go-to-breakfast is hi-protein granola, fresh blueberries and greek cottage cheese (this has 21 grams of protein and only 130 calories). Sometimes I add chia seeds to it as this helps me feel fuller longer.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    One serving of egg whites, one egg, and spinach - scrambled. Served with toast or Ezekiel bread or English muffin or grits.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I hate to admit it, but an Egg McMuffin or a Egg and Sausage burrito, with a large coffee with two sugars.

I am going to the store tonight and get me stuff for oatmeal in a jar. I used to make this all the time and I love it.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a Kellogg's protein shake.
  • Jmkmfp
    Jmkmfp Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    I always have;

Breakfast Calories
    Apricot Fruit Wheats cereal, 50 g 169 cals 
    1 Pint Semi Skimmed Milk, 1 Pint 284 cals (I use rest during day)

Interesting to see what others eat. :smile:
  • pinielou1
    Options
    coffee first then I eat oatmeal mixed with fresh fruit or some kind of sugar free jelly or jam mixed in. Egg beaters are also a frequent for me.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal w/ walnuts & brown sugar
    or
    Chicken Sausage and hard boiled eggs
  • cspearl
    cspearl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I spray a microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray, drop an egg white into the bowl, add some spinach, and microwave for 40 seconds. Then I put that on a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a slice of reduced fat cheese. Melt under the broiler for a few seconds and bam! easy and healthy breakfast sandwich that you can eat on the go. Saves time, money, and calories from the drive-thru!
  • Amantree
    Options
    greek yogurt (vanilla) with raspberries, blueberries, blackberries & walnuts.