What's Your Go-To Breakfast?

Options

Replies

• sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    coffee. always coffee.
    but if i eat in the morning, its usually oatmeal... or i'll make (in the microwave) 2 scrambled eggs with some shredded cheese... then cook and crumble a morningstar farm sausage patty into it. its like a low carb egg mcmuffin... lol.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and yogurt or yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Half of a peanut butter and honey sandwich.....fast, easy, can eat in the car and holds me over till lunch!

mmmmmhm. peanut butter and honey sandwiches are so delicious. i think i need one now.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    1 C Oatmeal
    1/4 C blueberries
    1 TBS Flax seeds
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Cup of coffee, OJ, and then my breakfast sandwich: whole grain English muffin, a maple sausage patty and some cheese.
  • verleinmck
    Options
    Fruit N Fibre cereal with blueberries and skimmed milk, or just greek yogurt with whatever fruit is in the house if I feel naseous in the morning.
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bagel with cream cheese on it. And coffee.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal, yogurt and a baby bell mini light cheese. I have this a few times a week for breakfast. Oh and a coffee with creamer and stevia.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with ground flax seed, chia seeds, sliced almonds and unsweetened coconut flakes.

#2 is toasted English muffin with peanut butter & sliced banana.

Gotta have coffee, black.
  • greenlover68
    greenlover68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my favorite : one navel orange cut up
    1/2 cup of 1% cottage cheese
    1/3 cup bran buds
    Sprinkle with cinnamon
    Yummy ... and holds me till lunch
    protein, fruit, dairy, and starch & lots of fiber !!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bread product like an english muffin with peanut butter and some kind of protein drink. I work hard and if I don't get a good portion of fat and protein along with my morning carbs, I'm starving an hour and a half before my lunch break.
  • LauraFouhse
    Options
    I'm always hungriest in the morning so have a.huge bowl of oatmeal with berries, almonds whole milk and a scoop of protein powder. After I workout I have a protein shake and banana. Then about an hour later I'm starving again so eat greek yogurt with berries and mixed grains. I consume the most daily calories before noon.
  • frayst
    frayst Posts: 62
    Options
    1 whole egg + 2 egg whites
    2 slices of Ezekiel bread, spread with 1/4 avocado
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I mix it up a lot but my longtime fav go-to is an egg taco, with or without veggies, and always with a drizzle of chipotle dressing or dollop of green tomato relish. I like the 77 cal flour tortillas but my husband prefers the 50-something calorie corn tortillas and then he has a small bowl of dry cereal as well.
  • Sinful_moon
    Sinful_moon Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Lately it's been an egg cooked in a slice of onion or natural selections deli meat on half a whole wheat English muffin, small portion of mozzarella, a bit of mayo, a tiny bit of mustard and topped with a slice of kale or head lettuce!

So filling and so yummy, and the greatest part is it can be had at any part of the day!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My breakfast pretty much every day is:
    12 oz skim milk + 1 serving carnation instant breakfast + 2T malted milk powder
    1 slice whole wheat bread + 1.5T peanut butter
    1 banana
    That's about 640 calories, which is a bit under half my daily allotment.

I did a blog post talking about some weight-loss studies, including links to them, and several say that having a large breakfast (about half the daily calories) and a small dinner leads to more weight loss & better health outcomes.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-10-some-studies-about-weight-loss-667818
  • kstar0327
    kstar0327 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    cheese omelet with 1 piece of multigrain toast with 1 tsp of peanut butter
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    5 AM - dog fur and slobber (several happy Huskies and a Lab puppy jumping around, waking us up)
    5:10 - coffee
    5:15 - dog kibble (for the dogs. What were you thinking?)
    5:20 - more coffee because Shera the ADHD Husky stuck her nose in the first cup.
    5:45 - 1 serving grits or oatmeal, (pick out any fur, add fruit bits)
    6:00 - > workout at the gym
    6:45 - pint or two of water (I sweat a lot)
    7:00 - a peaceful breakfast in the car - 1/2 to 1 cup cottage cheese and a fruit
    > Commute to work.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Liberty yogurt (100ml) and 1/4 cup cranberry/almond granola
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast often, but lately I've been making a homemade smoothie with nuts, seeds, and fruit early in the day. It's a great pre-run combo. I drink it and ten minutes later I'm ready to get out and go.