What's your exercise of choice?

Options
Just a fun thread with good suggestions for calorie burning and mixing it up!

I love the elliptical trainer - good all round workout and calorie burner, also low-impact which is good for my knees :)

Replies

• eaglelakebill
    eaglelakebill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Started riding my bicycle when I started MFP
    and now I'm addicted to riding.
  • sandsofarabia
    sandsofarabia Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Also the Elliptical!

I had a knee injury from soccer a couple years ago and my knee hasn't been the same since. I also love riding my bike but I feel I get an overall-workout with the elliptical
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Ashtanga yoga
    Club open-water swim
  • ShinjiruGhetto
    Options
    ATG squats, definitely.
    currently at 3plate, hoping to get 3.5 by the end of winter.
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Running and elliptical mostly. I also like doing cardio circuits- running, stairs, elliptical, rower- 5-10 mins each for 30-40 mins. Keeps me from getting bored, and seems to work up a great sweat.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    lifting heavy, zumba and running I love 5k fun races
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]29509743.png[/url]

Walking/Jogging now adding weight training to tone up.
  • CLM1227
    CLM1227 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Swimming and Elliptical...

And ACE Fitness workouts for strength & toning.
  • Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Running!
  • deearess
    deearess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also like the elliptical (the one without the arm motion though), spin/cycle class, walking, tennis, and line dancing. I'm *trying* to start riding my outdoor bike too, but I'm not that good at it yet.
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Deffo a bit of club dancing!!! or kitchen dancing or any dancing for that matter :laugh:

An actual exercise, I'd say bootcamp or Spin!
  • basmota
    basmota Posts: 1
    Options
    zumba, hip hop abs by shaun t and walking
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Running currently. Zumba, tennis, and yoga are former loves that will probably come back.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Elliptical (or crosstrainer...is there a difference???) is my favorite (Cardio) gym work out, doing over 10K in an hour.
    But just got the hang of the rowing machine.....quite like it, doing 6K at the moment.
    Now i'm working on my running skills at the treadmill...found out i'm not a runner, but i'm not giving up.
    When the weather is nice i'll bring the bike out.....
  • JessicaEPope
    JessicaEPope Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I joined the gym a few weeks ago to improve my overall fitness, and have been using the gym, and going to some classes.

So far though, even though I feel like I get a really good workout doing some of the classes like body attack, or going to the gym, I actually really enjoy going to zumba!

I build up a sweat but the hour flies by, and the music definitely helps me stay motivated to go. For me the biggest difficulty is actually forcing myself to go to the gym, and at the moment zumba is the easier class to motivate myself to go to.

I am hoping that once my fitness improves a bit, I'll have the confidence to go to some different classes and push myself!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    my bike...I do endurance training and rides in the spring and race cyclocross in the fall. In the summer I just ride enough to maintain my fitness. I also lift weights a couple days per week. In the winter I tend to hit the weight room harder and not bike as much because cold...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    For enjoyment and high calorie burns, I don't think there is anything better than cycling. For looking good nekkid, lifting heavy.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Strong lifts is my current go to heavy lifting program, i like all of the exercises under it.

Elliptical with heart rate monitors that adjust difficulty based on my target heart rate are my favorite for my cardio.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The bike turned out to be the answer. I have a 20 year old Trek 820. Took to the bike shop for a tune-up and new tires. I've almost gone a 1000 miles this summer. Bike technology has come a long way in 20 years.
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to add more strength training to my gym workout. We'll see how that goes.

Long answer to short question because I can't pick just one activity as a favorite:

My fave cardio workout includes row machine for 20 minutes a day (my new love -- great for frozen shoulder and lower back). also enjoy wave stepper (simulates skate glides). Recently shortened time on elip and treadmill and replaced with quick HIT. Husband loves to cycle. I'm his warm up -- then he takes off and leaves me! I do enjoy neighborhood walks around the lake. I'm just trying to be active every day. Use my lunch time at work to walk around campus.

Trying to reverse the neglect of inactivity over the past decade.