What's your exercise of choice?

Options

Replies

• Mogiamby
    Mogiamby Posts: 12
    Options
    Awesome suggestions! I should add I'm an avid dog walker, twice a day without fail :)
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    The new favorite is taking our bluenose pitbull to the local dogpark. Both the dog and I get exercise: she runs around, and I have to keep up with her.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Right now TurboFire. Love it to its bits :)
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I love it ALL. Running (track, treadmill, indoor track, outdoors, trail, road, I love it ALL), biking (outdoors, indoors (with real bike on a bike trainer), spin), Zumba, TurboKick, BodyPump, Swimming (pool and lake), BodyAttack, BodyCombat, Yoga, Pilates.

I just like moving :D

The only thing I won't do is mountain biking. I tend to not do stuff when it's not a matter of IF you will crash but rather WHEN.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting (atm purely strength training, once at my body fat % goal I will go to maintenance for a bit and introduce a hypertrophy/strength split, then go to caloric surplus with the same split). 15-20 minutes of LISS/MISS afterwards to help with DOMS and I guess for cardiovascular health.. no specific cardio that I prefer, although I do enjoy stairmaster and elliptical because they are easy to read on. Rower is nice if I don't feel like reading or want to work on my upper body a bit more.

I LOVE deadlifts. I'm SO CLOSE to deadlifting 200lbs. Well, like 15lbs away, BUT STILL. Considering I doubled my DL in like 3 months and eating at a caloric deficit, I can't complain!
  • Muchaneta1305
    Options
    The bike...the spinning class really does it for me!Though I love running too...
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    Anything that involves water - scuba diving being at the top of that list, swimming, water aerobics.
    Elliptical.
    Currently doing You Are Your Own Gym.

In the past I've loved: running, yoga, Body Balance.
  • ff1L
    ff1L Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    running is easily my fave....

i'm a big fan of skullcrushers if we're talking about resistance training :)
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Skullcrushers, close grip bench press, military press, dumbbell pullovers

Cardio of choicr is swimming, elliptical or jogging outside, I dont like the treadmjll
  • rayfu75
    rayfu75 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Jiu jitsu, judo, kickboxing. Kettlebells and dumbbells as well.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i love bodypump class the most but i hurt my knees and cant go anymore.
    followed by distance running. also knee issues but i have been able to do it on good days
    walking is how i burn more calories than anything i do and i do it a lot by necessity (i choose not to drive a car)
    water aerobics
    arc trainer
    yoga
    weight training but i am not as into it as some... i like my cardio rush better than the burn of lifting.
    leisurely biking for fun (not a stationary though, cant imagine anything more boring than a stationary bike)
  • alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The arc machine is amazing for burning cals. You feel the burn almost instantly and its a great cardio exercise. I love doing that and jogging/walking fast pace (4.8) as my cardio.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • sportmir
    sportmir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Running
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    backpacking and bike riding, in the summer.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Dancing is the main thing that I do. Lifting weights is the main thing I do for fitness (and at a gym). It's also fun to hike, and sometimes swim. I also enjoy yoga (flow, power, ashtanga, vinyasa), and kickboxing.
  • jamesdavidy
    Options
    For me variety is the spice of life, I mix it up for instance cycling, strength training, calasthenics, Stretching/yoga, jogging, walking and running, hopping climbing and jumping off stuff with my young Son. My one constant is Wing Chun and has been for the last 2 years. Whatever you do people enjoy it and have fun and a love for life yourself and others.
  • ssbmacdaddy
    ssbmacdaddy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Shawn t insanity - finished 3rd round. Thinking of trying Shawn t's other workout like assylum or t25. Has anyone done those?
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    weight lifting, insanity, cycling and swimming - love em all. Cant run anymore cos of dodgy ankles, but I loved that too
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Swimming is my main love
    Kung Fu is fun to get my agression out
    Hiking (geocaching) at the weekends - got to get back to nature for the that feel good factor