dating sites- do you use them ??

Options
12346»

Replies

• monicastricker9
    Options
    I have, I was curious. My sis wanted me to try eharmony. I found out with that one if you complete your profile and have kids, you will never be matched. I used match before, nothing but bootie calls and disgusting perverted emails. Everything from flat out asking for sex to ones explaining what they would do to me. I went on one date where the guy actually told me, he choose mine, because and I quote " he knew all the really pretty ones were fake." They never match you with any of your criteria. I have found out through talking with others they salt the profiles to make it look like tons of people are on there, when its just a bunch of made up crap. I noticed that the minute I canceled or before I bought a memebership I supposedly had a email galore, but when I signed up nothing, then I canceled then all the sudden everyone was interested. I think these sites are nothing more than predatory.

I think the thing that got me was I started to doubt myself and my attractiveness due to the emails I would receive, so no I will never try it again no matter how many times my sis nags me. I think my single parent status of course effects the outcome. I have personally just decided dating is not something I care to do at all anymore. I hope that helps.
  • monicastricker9
    Options
    if you are interested in more athletic, fitness and nutrition centered conversation. You should join tribesports.com I love it.
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1 ) have you ever tried a dating site?
    yesss.

2) were you pleased?
    yep!

3) would you tell someone to try one?
    yeah! several of my friends met their partners on dating sites.

4) any bad vibes?
    just a few rude and judgmental people...

5) any thing i shoud ask?
    anything you think is important.

6) would you do it again?
    i've already got a partner (who i met off of one of these sites) im not thinking about finding someone else.

7) what site(s) did you find most helpful
    okcupid. people were usually really conversational, i even kept in contact with several people i met on there as friends :) also, i met my bf on there :)

8) which one(s) should we stay away from / why
    oasis! all people want is hookups, not relationships.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My online dating story:

In January 2013 I split with my then partner. A friend recommended POF to me and said it would be a confidence boost. They couldn't be more wrong.

At best I was completely ignored. Or I received messages telling me how ugly they thought I was, or they'd tell me off for having the cheek to message them in the first place looking the way I do, or they'd attempt to ridicule me for only being 5ft 8ins (a crime worse than terrorism in the dating world.)

In the end I deleted my profile and had a breakdown at the reality of being too ugly to ever meet anybody. I don't go out now. I avoid social situations and when I do go out I pull a cap over my face to hide it from women.

I signed back up last week just to see once and for all if I'm still considered repulsive. I am. Don't attempt online dating if you're ugly. Just don't.

Omg, I'm so sorry you were treated that way. Honestly if someone is so mean they did you a favor. I think your attractive and my husbands 5'6 So to some people height isn't important. You gotta be in it to win it. Keep looking there's someone out there :)
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    In the past I've used POF, Match, and fitnesssingles.com. Would I do it again if I were looking for someone? Not sure, because It requires a lot of admin work. While I went on a number of dates and had a few short "relationships" what I found was that some of the guys didn't seem to ever want to get off the site (i.e. we had been dating 'exclusively' yet they maintained their profiles but denied it when confronted). I think some people can get addicted to the attention they get from being online.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1 ) have you ever tried a dating site? yes!

2) were you pleased? yes, very. I met the woman of my dreams on there. :heart:

3) would you tell someone to try one? well sure. They are great if you have a career and/or kids and/or are a lesbian who is too scared to go up to other women in public for fear they might not also be.:blushing:

4) any bad vibes? some weirdos, but that is pretty much the case no matter where you are on the internet.

5) any thing i should ask? don't be creepy or sexual. ask genuine questions. Actually read their profile and ask questions based on things they write in it.

6) would you do it again? hopefully i don't have to, but sure.

7) what site(s) did you find most helpful: Ok Cupid

8) which one(s) should we stay away from / why: not sure, that was the only one i tried!
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have, I was curious. My sis wanted me to try eharmony. I found out with that one if you complete your profile and have kids, you will never be matched. I used match before, nothing but bootie calls and disgusting perverted emails. Everything from flat out asking for sex to ones explaining what they would do to me. I went on one date where the guy actually told me, he choose mine, because and I quote " he knew all the really pretty ones were fake." They never match you with any of your criteria. I have found out through talking with others they salt the profiles to make it look like tons of people are on there, when its just a bunch of made up crap. I noticed that the minute I canceled or before I bought a memebership I supposedly had a email galore, but when I signed up nothing, then I canceled then all the sudden everyone was interested. I think these sites are nothing more than predatory.

I think the thing that got me was I started to doubt myself and my attractiveness due to the emails I would receive, so no I will never try it again no matter how many times my sis nags me. I think my single parent status of course effects the outcome. I have personally just decided dating is not something I care to do at all anymore. I hope that helps.

I had a daughter and was matched on eharmony.