going to lunch at Wendy's what would you order and why?

Options

Replies

• DellaWiedel
    DellaWiedel Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't do fast food very often these days, but back when I used to eat fast food a lot, Wendy's was one of my faves. I'd get the homestyle chicken sandwich, with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onions (You have to ask to add the pickles and onion.) Then I'd either get fries and dip them in honey mustard sauce, or I'd get the sour cream baked potato for my side. And I'd normally get Coke or sweet tea or something to drink.

And because I used to eat all this on a regular basis is why I had to join MFP to lose weight. Haha.
  • HelenaCavanaugh
    HelenaCavanaugh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Probably just a baked potato and water. Fast food is disgusting overall when you consider taste, texture and calorie count.

Honestly, if I was in the same situation, I would most likely eat my own homemade lunch at 11 or 11:30 am. And drink 3 cups of water. Then I would go to "lunch" at Wendy's and have a small coke and small fries - like kid size.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Their Asian Cashew salad is really great!
    And a side baked potato (plain, with ketchup)

yum
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    baked potato with broccoli and cheese, value size frosty. if i'm really hungry, i might add a side salad with the light italian dressing.

if i'm feeling like meat, depending on my mood and calorie target, i might get a grilled chicken wrap. if i want fries, i get a value size or make my dh get a large and i eat a few of his.

if i'm eating whatever i want, i get a spicy chicken sandwich, only mayo and pickles, with small fries. this rarely happens because OMFG THE CALORIES.

wendys is really the only fast food place i'll eat at any longer; i feel like it's easiest for me to stay within my goals and still have something yummy.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Some of my Wendy's favs:
    Spicy chicken nuggets with ranch sauce
    Regular chicken nuggets with buffalo ranch sauce
    Jr Cheeseburger Deluxe
    Strawberry Fields chicken salad
    Frosty... this one is a must
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Pretzel bacon cheeseburger because it's amazing
  • mackie_pants
    mackie_pants Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always get a 4 piece order of chicken nuggets, a small frosty, and small order of fries. It comes to something like 700 calories, but out of 1600 that's no so bad for a "but I waaaaaant it" meal.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    chili and a side salad... the chili is not too bad. And it fits nicely into calories.
  • thenewkayla08
    thenewkayla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I LOVE their baked potatoes and chili! Their salads are pretty yummy as well! Drink water!!! :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    If going there for lunch I would get a salad, like their Cashew Chicken Salad (or whatever it's called). It is high in sodium but tastes pretty good when I've had it, the roasted edamame and the greens are a nice blend, even if the chicken's on the dry side. I get the full size and use 1 dressing packet. Wendy's is the ONLY fast food place I'll order salads from, though.

Usually if I go to Wendy's though, it's because I am super busy and in a hurry and just need some protein to get me by until the next meal...in that case I get the 4 piece chicken nugget. Wendy's is also the only fast food place I like nuggets from.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would choose a baked potato with chili on it and a small side salad with water with lemon added to it. the Baconator has too much fat in it along with sodium, fries have sodium ...the point I think would be to choose healthier?

No. I eat healthy all the time. If I'm going to Wendy's I'm having a baconator and fries all the way
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    The Wendy's 10-piece nuggets fits my macros pretty well.

Wendy's has nugz? Since when?

Around here, since always lol... They sell the 5-piece nuggets for 99 cents... and they are WAY better than McD's.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I always get a grilled chicken wrap and a small chili.

If I have the calories or lack the concern, I will get a son of baconator, fries, and a chocolate frosty.
  • Terrappyn1
    Terrappyn1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love getting their chili- large with cheese and onion! And an unsweetened iced tea with lemon only!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    i like getting the baked potato and small chili and putting the chili on the baked potato.
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of their chili and can fix it up just the way I like it for less than 400 calories. YUM!!!

If I'm in an ice cream mood I'll just swing through, get a frosty and call it good. Man I love ice cream. :love:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    The only things I ever liked at Wendy's were the baked potatoes and the chili. I especially liked the chili poured over the baked potato....

...but I've found a similar chili recipe online, so now I just make the same thing at home.

Oh, I LOVE the potato with chili combo, too! Or, if I don't feel like a potato, I get a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a small chili. I don't like their fries. But, if I were in Canada, yeah, I'd get the poutine. Because, poutine!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    now hungry for Wendy's :grumble:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Any of their salads except the taco salad. They're the best fast food salads out there and pretty safe on calories.
    Chili is also a healthier choice.

I can't imagine there's anything else worthwhile unless you're in a 1000 calorie cheating mood... the LTO smoked gouda chicken is pretty good ;) and Wendy's has the best fries!

I, personally, like Arby's Farmhouse Chopped Salads better than any other fast food salad. That's what I get, with double roast turkey.