Is belly fat sexy?

Options

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I was thinking about this the other day - I'm fit (training for a marathon) and in great shape, but there's still some belly fat going on. Honestly though... it means my form looks a little less athletic and more Renaissance painting (think Birth of Venus. Only I think my boobs are smaller, sadly). Which I'm totally okay with, because I think it looks sexy and feminine and offsets my broad shoulders nicely.
    And my boyfriend (who has a damned six pack. Men and their body fat ratio. Ppft.) loves the way I look and likes that I'm both fit and soft. So. Yes. It can be.

You have belly fat because you do endurance sports. If you were going for abs or a leaner stomach then you need to do resistance training rather than long distance running.

No, this is not true

I guess "abs are made in the kitchen"

But I never was able to get lean as an endurance runner. Weight lifting with once a week endurance helped me to have abs.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had any complaints ever everrrrrr
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this the other day - I'm fit (training for a marathon) and in great shape, but there's still some belly fat going on. Honestly though... it means my form looks a little less athletic and more Renaissance painting (think Birth of Venus. Only I think my boobs are smaller, sadly). Which I'm totally okay with, because I think it looks sexy and feminine and offsets my broad shoulders nicely.
    And my boyfriend (who has a damned six pack. Men and their body fat ratio. Ppft.) loves the way I look and likes that I'm both fit and soft. So. Yes. It can be.

You have belly fat because you do endurance sports. If you were going for abs or a leaner stomach then you need to do resistance training rather than long distance running.

No, this is not true

But I never was able to get lean as an endurance runner. Weight lifting with once a week endurance helped me to have abs.

I have been an amateur and professional athlete starting when i was 12 yrs old. I worked out for a sport, a tons of cardio and resistance training mostly in the form of bodyweight exercises. I had to watch my diet very carefully. I never once tried to get abs but I got them as a by product of training for a sport. I never really tried to isolate train anything for aesthetics, but hard training will do that for you to a certain degree without saying today im gonna work..... (Fill in the blank)
  • moogie_fit
    Options

No, this is not true

I have been an amateur and professional athlete starting when i was 12 yrs old. I worked out for a sport, a tons of cardio and resistance training mostly in the form of bodyweight exercises. I had to watch my diet very carefully. I never once tried to get abs but I got them as a by product of training for a sport. I never really tried to isolate train anything for aesthetics, but hard training will do that for you to a certain degree without saying today im gonna work..... (Fill in the blank)

Lol I never said that someone had to do a body part split. All I said was to add resistance training!
  • bojack5
    Options

No, this is not true

Lol I never said that someone had to do a body part split. All I said was to add resistance training!

I never said you said that.....however, are you saying as an endurance athlete you never trained your core?
  • moogie_fit
    Options

No, this is not true

I never said you said that.....however, are you saying as an endurance athlete you never trained your core?

Nope, and I still don't really. Maybe a bit of yoga but nothing too serious. Now with resistance training my core gets work stabilizing compound lifts
  • jathanaseas
    jathanaseas Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I haven’t had any complaints ever everrrrrr

That’s great. Nothing wrong with it if you’re confident with it and who you are
  • bojack5
    Options

No, this is not true

Nope, and I still don't really. Maybe a bit of yoga but nothing too serious. Now with resistance training my core gets work stabilizing compound lifts

I agree with that. But also some of the best abs have never touched a weight either. My only point is even a sit up is resistance training.....putting a load on the muscle does not mean it has to be a barbell.....it just needs....resistance....
  • moogie_fit
    Options

No, this is not true

I agree with that. But also some of the best abs have never touched a weight either. My only point is even a sit up is resistance training.....putting a load on the muscle does not mean it has to be a barbell.....it just needs....resistance....

Exactly
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

No, this is not true

Lucky. I've never had abs. I get some minor definition but not enough to see abs. I'd probably need to actively build them up during bulk cycles if I really wanted them. And get really ultra lean and dehydrated. Ah well
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    That girl from Pulp Fiction thinks a "pot belly" on a woman is sexy :P

Blast from the damn past. And I was coming here to make a Pulp Fiction reference. In the mongoloid voice.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Gosh...I sure hope so! 🙃
  • SandSeaSkySoul
    SandSeaSkySoul Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Mine's! :p
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    .... compared to what?
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah it's sexy! A superficial perfect body is not something that I aspire to have or look for in a person. Plus, a tickle party is more fun with a little bit of pudge ;)
  • Overit1978
    Overit1978 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well i know how i got mine but know ive lost alot of mine 2 no shame in it but less of it feels better
  • bojack5
    Options
    Belly fat would not be sexy on me.....but I don't mind it at all on the woman I'm with. I don't mind and either.....what I'm saying is I really don't care.