found my husband on an onlne dating site

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    I'm not saying this is the case, and you didn't tell us about the confrontation, or if he denied it, but is it at all possible that someone stole his online identity (Catfishing) I know it's a super remote possibility but it has happened.

I'm gonna tuck this one in my back pocket in case I ever need it.

"No baby, that ain't me! I'm being catfished!"

Gold.

Ha! Stupid excuse is stupid.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Okay.

I'm really sorry this is happening to you. My first question, though, is how you discovered him on an online dating site? My second question is when will you be starting marriage counseling? Because this doesn't sound like something that will just go away on it's own. I mean, you thought things were great, then you found out that they weren't so you have to be proactive, not reactive. Spying on him and going through his phone is not going to help fix this. If anything, it could be far more damaging to your marriage. Act like an adult and get thee to marriage counseling! Quick!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    It is hard situation. If he wants to try something new,there are mostly his problem. But as for you ,it is hard to change his mind. But you can try to figure out ways to improve yourself and improve your relationship. At least it is only a beginning( I hope). If you become more attractive, you have more chances to win him back! Do something, anything that can improve you! Make yourself VALUABLE! Take care of him more !

Is this still 2014?
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    I am 33 years old and truly in love with my husband. We have had a marriage of 10 years and I plan to make it 75 years but I found out 3 weeks ago that he was on an online dating site and it almost broke my heart to no repair. I have been unhappy with myself for a long time and instead of getting motivated and doing something about it I just sit on my butt. Well that is over now but I need supporting friends and a check and balance system. My husband and I both want to have the marriage we seem to have lost and so we are both working on the issues together but I need friends who are working on losing weight as well.
    Nikki

He can't be trusted. I would leave him
  • ItsMeBlue
    ItsMeBlue Posts: 25 Member
    wow...all these counselors and not one certification in their background pictures. I can tell you from experience..broken trust CAN be healed. it takes complete transparency on BOTH sides..and yes..it takes Jesus (I'm certain I'll get feedback from that from those who don't want accountability in their lives). If it fails it's because BOTH parties don't want the same outcome. If it didn't work for YOU...naysayers.....it's because Both of YOU didn't want to focus on fixing the problems that led to it. Good for you to try to do your part lady..in my book, you rock! and if your hubby doesn't want to leave his phone and texts wide open for you to verify his trustworthyness..then he is not worth keeping and don't deserve you.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Good luck with losing the weight and think long and hard about whether you want to continue your marriage. I can understand the temptation to stalk his internet and cellphone useage (and would probably do the same) but it won't help - what if he has another phone or enables private browsing? All you'll do is send yourself crazy pondering what he could be hiding from you.
  • Justamom410
    Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
    Oh and btw.. You wont ever trust him again.

I caught my husband having an emotional affair in January of 2012. I forgave and we moved on. Only for me to find out in May 2013 that he was spending his lunch hours at her house. Needless to say, I don't trust him anymore. We're still together, but it's more because of financial reasons than anything. I'd leave if I could. Once a cheater...always a cheater.

Please get healthy for YOU. Not for him.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Get caught cheating, convince your wife it's her fault and she needs to lose weight.

Some guys have all the moves.

^^ This. Your husband's taken his own liberties in your marriage. How about he says, "I'm not happy in our marriage, and I am leaving." Then feel free to do as you wish. He clearly has no respect for you or your marriage. It has nothing to do with whether or not you need to lose weight. Better yourself so you feel better about yourself, but don't do it in an effort to make him stay.

And, if you are secretly checking his anything -- it's over, Honey. That's not how a healthy marriage works.
    It is hard situation. If he wants to try something new,there are mostly his problem. But as for you ,it is hard to change his mind. But you can try to figure out ways to improve yourself and improve your relationship. At least it is only a beginning( I hope). If you become more attractive, you have more chances to win him back! Do something, anything that can improve you! Make yourself VALUABLE! Take care of him more !

^^ NOT This. Not at all. I have nothing to say regarding this. But, NO.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Get caught cheating, convince your wife it's her fault and she needs to lose weight.

unfortunately, there are children involved............I think sometimes, when family is there, it makes quite a difference to the person who is being cheated on.....

if she didnt have children, she may have a different attitude ,but its hard on the children.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member

No.
    Take care of him by kicking him to the curb, and not changing yourself to pander to his stupid needs.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Oh wow! I thought you meant you met him on an online site! I'm so sorry! I don't know what I'd do in your situation but I get sick to my stomach even imagining it!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    but not again and secretly I check the online cell phone accounts and know his every move lol until I can trust again.

I think it is over then....

Just sayin
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Nikki,

If you want to be fitter and healthier, do it for YOU. No one else. Not to try to "save" your marriage, not because of what he did. Do it for you and you only.

Best of luck to you. Feel free to friend me if you'd like some more support!!
    this.gif

I'm so sorry you're going through this.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    wow...all these counselors and not one certification in their background pictures. I can tell you from experience..broken trust CAN be healed. it takes complete transparency on BOTH sides..and yes..it takes Jesus (I'm certain I'll get feedback from that from those who don't want accountability in their lives). If it fails it's because BOTH parties don't want the same outcome. If it didn't work for YOU...naysayers.....it's because Both of YOU didn't want to focus on fixing the problems that led to it. Good for you to try to do your part lady..in my book, you rock! and if your hubby doesn't want to leave his phone and texts wide open for you to verify his trustworthyness..then he is not worth keeping and don't deserve you.

So...if it takes Jesus, what happens to anyone who doesn't believe in Jesus?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

unfortunately, there are children involved............I think sometimes, when family is there, it makes quite a difference to the person who is being cheated on.....

if she didnt have children, she may have a different attitude ,but its hard on the children.

Children can pick up on a strained marriage and living in a house with constant fighting is awful (I'm not saying that's the case here). But, sometimes, a split is actually better for the children.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I'm not saying this is the case, and you didn't tell us about the confrontation, or if he denied it, but is it at all possible that someone stole his online identity (Catfishing) I know it's a super remote possibility but it has happened.

His woman saw him come out, knew that the woman lived there and didn't say *kitten*.

Wait till they got home and said: "What the hell was you doing in that b*tch's house?"

You know what the man said? "Wasn't me."

"I looked right in your face!"

"Wasn't me."

"Well, I'm supposed to be a fool, right?"

"Hey. Wasn't me."

You know what the woman said?

"Maybe it wasn't you."
This discussion has been closed.