I.cant.skip.my.coffee.

Options
12346»

Replies

• Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Gotta have the morning coffee...makes my day. You don't have to stop, just cut back on the sugar..and too much cream. Splenda no bueno...try using Stevia . I like my coffee w/o sugar.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Take away my coffee and someone is going to get a hurt real bad :explode:
    I used to drink double-doubles but have gradually cut back to no sugar/sweetener and skim or 2% milk. There has been no hindrance to my weight loss, I just account for the calories.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I don't care for coffee myself, but as I understand it, coffee itself does not contain calories, only what you add to it to make it less disgusting. (:laugh:) So if you're only adding Splenda, it will not interfere with your weight loss.

That said, there are studies that suggest consuming Splenda can make some people crave real sugar more, causing you to overeat in other foods. Pay attention to your cravings and how it makes you feel. If it works for you, keep on keepin' on, I say.

Watch out, SideSteel is going to demand links to real scientific studies proving your claims!

MY claims? Do you even reading comprehension?

Was supposed to be a joke. Ok I get it, word my stuff differently. Guess I am done here.

kaybai
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I can't skip coffee either. I have to have a cup in the morning before I go to the gym at 4:30. I use Fat Free French Vanilla creamer (Carnation) and it's only 25 calories a serving. I log it (and measure it) because I don't like black coffee. I just make room for the creamer in my diary. I don't want to eliminate everything...this is a lifestyle, not a diet, but if I account for it, I'm fine.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I drink about 24 ounces :bigsmile: EVERYDAY!!!! BLACK....its me wake me up!
  • KPeriandri
    KPeriandri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know who is telling you coffee is bad for you.. but it isnt. What IS working against you is the sugar and creamer! Coffee is a natural laxative and it also dehydrates your body. Drink your coffee -- not so much sugar and cream! -- make healthier choices! Skim milk in black coffee, reduced fat milk in black coffee, limit sugar intake and keep drinking the appropriate amount of water. Good luck, my fellow coffee fanatic! ((Cheers))
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee/tea/caffeinated soda doesn't dehydrate folks who have anything like a tolerance for caffeine (in other words, anyone who drinks it more than once in a blue moon).

Everyone who drinks coffee dies. Everyone who tries to keep me away from my coffee flirts with dying faster.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Coffee/tea/caffeinated soda doesn't dehydrate folks who have anything like a tolerance for caffeine (in other words, anyone who drinks it more than once in a blue moon).

Everyone who drinks coffee dies. Everyone who tries to keep me away from my coffee flirts with dying faster.

I'm not a regular coffee drinker but this^ needs to be on a t-shirt. I'd buy it. :laugh:
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I would hate on someone pretty hard if they told me to cut coffee from my life. lol

I just cut out some of the calorie bombs that I put in it but not the coffee. I drink my coffee black now, and my occasional treat is a white chocolate Americano (95 calories) instead of a white chocolate mocha (400 calories).
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coffee, but I tend to drink it with just enough cream to get the color I like. I used to load it with cream and sugar but I completely cut the sugar over time because as others have said, the replacements are bleck and there are studies that indicate artificial sweeteners might be bad for you. No I don't feel like looking up sources, because for me it's about the taste.

TBH, though, I drink tea most of the time. I can keep it in my desk, and I can microwave water. We have a keurig at work, but I dislike the waste generated and I keep forgetting to bring in my own grounds for the reusable insert.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

I'm not a regular coffee drinker but this^ needs to be on a t-shirt. I'd buy it. :laugh:
    agreed! :happy:
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. About 32 ounces every day. With half-n-half.

Just count the calories. If you want to use the calories for something else, drink it black.

But gads... I'll take the half-and-half every time, and cut out calories somewhere else.... Simple pleasures in life are what make it worth living.

My philosophy is this: If I don't enjoy it, I won't do it. Losing weight, reshaping my body, is a journey. I am going to eat and drink in a way that makes me happy. I'm just going to count the calories and eat at a slight deficit, and exercise a lot.

You have to decide what you're willing to do. Personally.. I enjoy little things in life like coffee with half-n-half. So I make it work by cutting calories elsewhere. And walking a lot.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee. About 32 ounces every day. With half-n-half.

Just count the calories. If you want to use the calories for something else, drink it black.

But gads... I'll take the half-and-half every time, and cut out calories somewhere else.... Simple pleasures in life are what make it worth living.

My philosophy is this: If I don't enjoy it, I won't do it. Losing weight, reshaping my body, is a journey. I am going to eat and drink in a way that makes me happy. I'm just going to count the calories and eat at a slight deficit, and exercise a lot.

You have to decide what you're willing to do. Personally.. I enjoy little things in life like coffee with half-n-half. So I make it work by cutting calories elsewhere. And walking a lot.

Something that often gets overlooked imo.
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Drink enough coffee and you get 1 g of protein. Coffee is the hill I die on.
  • amonk2aol
    Options
    Use milk instead of creamer and no sugar. Coffee alone has little to no calories.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Okay so.. I'm trying to lose 25 pounds and I am addicted to coffee. Before I started being healthy, I had my regular cup of coffee with 3 cream and 4 sugar. Now I just drink coffee with 2 Splenda. Anything wrong with that? By the way, if I stop drinking coffee I will feel crappy for the rest of the day. Is coffee okay while being healthy? And if not.. What should I do?

There is nothing wrong with coffee. I've lost weight and i haven't given on cafe. I drink mine with 3 sugars n 3 coffee mate creamer. I learned to lower the amount of sugar little by little (I used to put SIX sugars). Maybe you can lower to 3 sugars or stick to your 3 creams-4 sugars as long as you enjoy your cafe. Personally I think sugar is much healthier than Spleda or any other substitute. DO NOT SKIP COFFEE. EVER. :drinker:
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    For folk who like a creamer of some sort in their coffee, you might try a comparison between coffee with milk, with half-and-half, or with real cream as a creamer.

In (cow's) milk, the sugar (lactose) is soluble in the water portion, not the fat. So milk has lactose, cream has so little lactose that it doesn't contribute to cream's calories (but traces may still affect some lactose-intolerant people). And of course skim milk has no fat, for folk on a low-fat diet. Lots of lactose though. This info is useful if you are trying to do a low-carb diet or a low-fat diet.

You may find that a small amount of cream in your coffee creates a more pleasant coffee experience for you than a larger amount of milk; it's possible that using cream results in fewer calories in your drink than using milk, because you need to use less cream.

So it's worth experimenting with all three possible creamers to find the sweet spot for you that gives you the coffee texture and flavor you prefer at minimum calories.

A tablespoon of real cream has only 60 calories. Europeans and Africans have eaten dairy products for centuries; we know their negative side effects (dairy was uncommon in Asia, and so lactose-intolerance is more common in Asians). Modern "creamers" have all kinds of weird ingredients whose history in the human diet is short, and so they may have negative effects we haven't yet discovered. So I hope if anyone is using a fake creamer you'll look into the real thing and add almond or vanilla or whatever extract if you like the flavored kinds. The real thing may contain real fat but it is probably healthier than non-dairy creamers of mystery-health-effects.
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    If you're having one cup of coffee a day (say 6-8 oz) even with cream and sugar it's not that many calories. If your daily calorie goal is pretty low, you're having lots of coffee throughout the day (and thus lots of cream and sugar), or you're trying to watch your sugar intake, then I can see needing to alter your habits.

But at one cup of coffee a day, personally I wouldn't even worry about switching to an artificial sweetener.
  • leatrisgwi
    Options
    Hi,
    For those with auto-immune disease Splenda and the like will cause a flare-up. It seems to attack the joints and makes you feel like you have a light flu.