An Embarrassing Secret...

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I frequently find myself watching "tween" sitcoms on the Disney Channel and Nick...even when my kids are nowhere around.

I go through a lot of graphic novels and young adult novels at my local library. I reserve them online so I can just go and pick them up at the front (self checkout), instead of being the 37 yr old woman creeping around the teen department at the library tripping over skateboards and anime fans. Then sometimes I read them at work all surreptitiously and get sheepish if a nosy client or coworker wants to know what I am reading ;-)
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The first time I masturbated was when my mom and boyfriend were having sex in the other room. I was 14.

Please tell me it wasn't to what was happening in the room over lol.

I don't really have french-kissing figured out, so I tell guys I don't like it.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Girl, believe in yourself! No one has it figured out the first time they do it, or even the second time! For some people it comes more naturally than others. Don't beat yourself up if it's not something you've "gotten the hang of" so to speak, yet. When you meet the right guy, everything will fall into place! Just take your time, and follow his lead. You'll get it, just believe in yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    22 and terrified of ALL bugs. Enough that when my hair (which is waist length) rubs against my side at all, i jump to thinking it's a centipede crawling on me! Of course it's ALWAYS my hair, but still.. AAHH

I also have a crippling fear of job changes. I am finishing my degree here soon and I can't figure out how to get out of retail and into my field. It's more of fear of no one wanting to teach the "new kid." Stupid, I know. But ughh..
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have several. Some of 'em aren't really secrets anymore though so whatevs. xD

1) I found out what sex was through the internet. Specifically a christian chatroom on AOL for tweens in the 90's.
    2) When I was 4 I saw a weird black and gray "cat" (it was a raccoon) messing with our trash. It was fluffy and I wanted it. I got some of our cat food and left a trail of it from the trash can to the side door, leaving it open partially in case the "cat" wanted to come in. Not long later I heard my mom screaming 'cuz she had gone into the laundry room where the side door was and saw the raccoon just chilling there next to the washer LOL. I didn't tell them it was me until about a year ago.
    3) When I was - ahem - maturing, I used to tape my boobs down because I just didn't like them. I still don't to this day. I'd get them removed if I could.
    4) I took martial arts for about 10 or 11 years. Our dojo would hold these week long summer camps at massanutten military academy. My first summer there I didn't know you couldn't leave the building/dorm after a certain time at night. I knew you weren't ALLOWED....didn't know it would actually set an alarm off on the entire camp if you opened the door. Some of the girls in my dorm were harassing me so I just left to get some air. So yeah that happened. They never found out it was me. Never fessed up. So the grandmaster punished our entire class the rest of the week with things like duck walks, holding push ups on concrete steps for long periods of time, extra running etc.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Ha. Reminds me of my first kiss followed by my first make out session. A good friend kissed me, and I remember thinking....nope. That was awkward.

But he knew it was my first kiss and I probably had a 'huh' expression on my face. He got the picture and I got to experiment and figure out what I did like.

Men all seem to kiss differently anyhow, and you find a different' balance' through experimentation with each gentleman you may kiss. At least in my experience. The important part is finding someone that you can be yourself with- and that means experimentation until you find what you like.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I still watch cartoons. Don't have any kids, so it's allll on me.

I can't sleep without a TV on. I'll lay awake for hours without the sound/light.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Share something that might be a tad embarrassing for you. For instance, I am 44 yet have boxers with the minions from DESPICABLE ME as well as another pair with the NINJA TURTLES on them. No judgements please. Ha

*looks down at tshirt*

It's a minion St. Patrick's Day shirt that DH got on clearance. I swiped it from his side of the closet to sleep in tonight. :bigsmile:

I have a Mr. Bubbles shirt in my "I will stop being fat and wear this *kitten* some day!" drawer. I also still have a Pound Puppies shirt that is like 15 years old in hopes that I can wear it again...... except my eldest daughter found it and wants it (she's almost 10). :grumble:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to get some sort of high if I'm really tired and do stuff I wouldnt normally do

I lose the filter in my brain when I'm really tired. I get very chatty and/or say things I wouldn't normally say. I think I've voiced some opinions at work that would be better kept to myself.

I talk to my plants when I'm watering them.

I let my husband take the controller for the PS4 when we're watching Netflix or a dvd because I find it kind of complicated compared to the PS3. :ohwell:
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of spiders.. I will kill them.. but I will scream bloody murder the entire time I am smashing it. Its crazy but true.

I make my oldest kid kill them for me. She's apparently far kinder than I am, because I'd burn the effers with fire... she will capture them and put them outside. Of course if I think it's a poisonous spider it is met with any and all items I can spray on it save for my expensive perfume and bleach (both for obvious reasons).

I hate going downstairs when it's dark. I will turn on all the lights first. Because who knows some crazy person could have broken in and be sitting at my table eating a bowl of cereal or something...
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    @Miss and Joannah: Thanks y'all. (: I'm not awful at it, I just have to click with the guy in order to make it happen smoothly. Otherwise I really screw it up lol. I overthink it, but like y'all said, I'll figure it out sometime. (: <3
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    @Miss and Joannah: Thanks y'all. (: I'm not awful at it, I just have to click with the guy in order to make it happen smoothly. Otherwise I really screw it up lol. I overthink it, but like y'all said, I'll figure it out sometime. (: <3

I figured you weren't bad, just overthinking-- like most of women do! I'm the world's WORST at overthinking just about any and everything (and that usually leads me to getting into trouble when there wasn't any to begin with! *LOL*) Just relax and have a good time! Best wishes! :happy:
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    i have a few... well lots
    I have a teddy bear thats older than I am and i take him everywhere with me, and still sleep with him,
    Im terrified of spiders, I cry everytime I see one and sometimes have panic attacks and stop breathing if there are lots
    im 22 and nearly everything in my bedroom is purple and there are tons of stuffed animals and glow in the dark stickers
    im afraid of leaving my room/apartment at school to the point where i just dont go to class lots of days and actually need my friends and mom to talk me into going outside or come fetch me and walk me to class
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Share something that might be a tad embarrassing for you. For instance, I am 44 yet have boxers with the minions from DESPICABLE ME as well as another pair with the NINJA TURTLES on them. No judgements please. Ha

*pfft* I'm 33 and half of my undies (half of all the stuff I own, actually) have Hello Kitty on them. :laugh:

Worse than that, I think, is my tendency to lose track of the conversation when I'm talking to myself and "come to" all confused... :huh: Yeah... sometimes in public...
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed of it, per se, but my family is. I have a "security cow". I sleep with cow. Cow went with me to the hospital when I gave birth, when I had surgery at Vandy 15 months after giving birth to repair a severe injury from giving birth, if I travel, she goes with me. I have zero shame at age 36. Now, my husband and family. They're mortified.

1004580_10151515896977872_599478349_n.jpg?oh=1eaa09a494b6a687f88bf882bada7d76&oe=547D215B

31108_391883292871_442911_n.jpg?oh=42642b24a8b04601ebb990166ef3c77f&oe=545F802C&__gda__=1416048362_b3420af5965b12b0a8d942004e800d86

1525299_10151901406152872_1483239570_n.jpg?oh=3751e7e55b26923bd015908faaa6c18d&oe=5473FD1C&__gda__=1416493763_3532722dadbc981f8952b3b265f8f9fa

543326_10150918058522872_909628397_n.jpg

Yeah, I probably have a problem. I simply don't care.
    you are awesome!!!!! :):)
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I still watch cartoons. Don't have any kids, so it's allll on me.

^^^this, too...
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    When i was single and didnt have a dog id have to look under the bed before i went to sleep and check behind shower curtain when i came home, i would have to yank it back real fast like what the hell would i do if someone was ever there.

When i lived alone years ago, I would check the entire apartment before going to bed every night. Like you, I have no idea what i would have done if i had found a serial killer hiding.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I let my dog eat out of my mouth :huh: just a bite here and there, not like whole meals or anything :wink:

Lol, I let my dog lick my feet.
  • Miss_1999
    Options
    I'm not embarrassed of it, per se, but my family is. I have a "security cow". I sleep with cow. Cow went with me to the hospital when I gave birth, when I had surgery at Vandy 15 months after giving birth to repair a severe injury from giving birth, if I travel, she goes with me. I have zero shame at age 36. Now, my husband and family. They're mortified.

1004580_10151515896977872_599478349_n.jpg?oh=1eaa09a494b6a687f88bf882bada7d76&oe=547D215B

31108_391883292871_442911_n.jpg?oh=42642b24a8b04601ebb990166ef3c77f&oe=545F802C&__gda__=1416048362_b3420af5965b12b0a8d942004e800d86

1525299_10151901406152872_1483239570_n.jpg?oh=3751e7e55b26923bd015908faaa6c18d&oe=5473FD1C&__gda__=1416493763_3532722dadbc981f8952b3b265f8f9fa

543326_10150918058522872_909628397_n.jpg

Yeah, I probably have a problem. I simply don't care.
    you are awesome!!!!! :):)

Thanks, AmyLynn! Love mah Cow!
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I stay in a hotel I always jump on the bed and leave at least one towel as far away from the bathroom as possible.

Because my mom wouldn't let me jump on my bed growing up. And, the other, sorry cleaning lady, but I have to pick them all up at home, so one isn't going to hurt you. It's actually quite hard to walk away from it and not pick it up and put it in the bathroom.

However...this plan is ruined when I travel with my mom....lol.