Still look awful in skinny jeans. Alternatives?

Replies

• intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member
    Hip dip

6ae5d3a0e2885d4288fca50ab13a12d9.jpg

...seems similar, or stemming from the same issue. (notice I did not say flaw/problem, to me noone in their right mind would find the second girl unnattractive and i found NUMEROUS pictures celebrating this figure feature.

I pretty much look like this girl with slightly smaller boobs and slightly smaller thighs. Same tummy, same hipbones
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    In all clothing, wear styles that flatter your body. You can still be stylish and you will look and feel much more attractive. Different styles work better on different body types. I think we cause ourselves all kinds of unnecessary grief trying to make ourselves into something we are not.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    nevermind.
    :indifferent:
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    The only brand that fit me and look very good is the brand I find at Macy's in the junior department. They are called Celebrity Pink jeans .I have about 8 pair in various colors.I wear a size 6 in pants in women. In junior I wear a 9 or 11 depending on the cut.

I get compliments all the time when I wear my celebrity pink skinny jeans and have been told that I look very sexy in them. The material is made of cotton and spandex.

I did not have luck with other skinny jean brands so when Im in Macy's and I see a different color I always pick up a pair. Also Macy's seems to always have them on sale!!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    I am guessing you have not done any weight training? That type of exercise makes an attractive body shape.

I work 12 hours a day pushing a mower and swinging around a line trimmer. I have 20% BF. No time or energy for weight training

You're a size 26 and have 20% body fat??

I can't see how this is true.

Probably 26-inch waist.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Then you don't have time for fashion either.

Nonsense! Just because someone doesn't do what you do doesn't mean they don't have a right to enjoy fashionable clothing. Weight-lifting is not the only approach to beauty or health.

By the way, when I was in my 20's, I had shoulders like yours, dracarys, not because I spent time at gym but because I was a wildland firefighter and just working hard and lugging 50 lb hose packs up mountains. Muscle tone used to be an indication of hard physical work, not hours at a gym.

Hard bodies on women are relatively new definition of beauty and not a prerequisite to looking good or wearing good looking clothing.

I prefer straight-leg or bootcut jeans, even though I've never had saddlebags or a dip. Just because skinny jeans are a current trend doesn't mean other options aren't fashionable. Go shopping OP and find something that makes you feel good.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I like boot cut jeans, those are my favorite.
  • fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    I have large calves so I only wear boot cut jeans!
  • KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Bootcut jeans are out of fashion?

I love my bootcut Levi's 515!!
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Wide Leg.

I think a lot of people look like crap in skinny jeans. I dont know if they do not realize it? or just because its a fad, does not mean everyone should follow it.

^This! I don't like women in skinny jeans unless they have nice bum and legs. Most often it is fashion driven and it is pathetic to see women with flat *kitten* wearing them.
  • zenhiker2014
    zenhiker2014 Posts: 84 Member
    I like straight leg, mid rise jeans. They're a nice middle ground between 'mom' jeans and skinny, low rider jeans. Lands End also sells a slim leg style that has a trimmer fit thru the legs but aren't painted-on tight.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Bootcut jeans are out of fashion?

I love my bootcut Levi's 515!!

Ditto! They are great.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Bootcut went out of fashion? No one told me. Good thing I don't care about fashion trends, I just wear what looks good on my figure. Hell, I'd wear flares if I could find some.
  • intrepidelephant
    intrepidelephant Posts: 100 Member

Nonsense! Just because someone doesn't do what you do doesn't mean they don't have a right to enjoy fashionable clothing. Weight-lifting is not the only approach to beauty or health.

By the way, when I was in my 20's, I had shoulders like yours, dracarys, not because I spent time at gym but because I was a wildland firefighter and just working hard and lugging 50 lb hose packs up mountains. Muscle tone used to be an indication of hard physical work, not hours at a gym.

Hard bodies on women are relatively new definition of beauty and not a prerequisite to looking good or wearing good looking clothing.

I prefer straight-leg or bootcut jeans, even though I've never had saddlebags or a dip. Just because skinny jeans are a current trend doesn't mean other options aren't fashionable. Go shopping OP and find something that makes you feel good.

Lol. Other girls ask me how my arms got so ripped. They kind of get disappointed when I say it's from 6 hours of line trimming a day
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Yeah jean sizes are different. I wear size 24, that is the equivalent to size 00 pants in the same store.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    I am guessing you have not done any weight training? That type of exercise makes an attractive body shape.

I work 12 hours a day pushing a mower and swinging around a line trimmer. I have 20% BF. No time or energy for weight training

Oh please.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    There are people who are a size six who shouldn't wear skinny jeans. Everyone's body is accentuated with different cuts. For me, personally, I do best with a mid-waist, boot-cut. If I go the skinny jean route, they can't be super low-cut because I've had a kid. Also, the only skinny jeans I have are from high school, so unless I'm small enough to fit into those ones, I don't dare. I also love pants with a slight flair, especially ones that aren't jeans.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    My favorite jeans are dark blue boot cut (as I mentioned). I also have a pair of light blue skinny jeans, and I wear them in the winter tucked into my fluffy, warm, waterproof boots that keep my feet toasty warm and feeling like I am walking on clouds that are as soft as fluffy kittens. I think skinny jeans are intended to be worn with boots. And they do look good that way. I turn heads.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    So glad to find out many women are like me liking the boot cut pants, yes, I think I look the best in boot cuts. Straight cut is also good. I do own a few pairs of skinny jeans, I love to wear them during the winter just like BinaryPulsar said. I found Express and INC from Macy's are the best for me. Maybe you can look into them?