WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2014

Options

Replies

• MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello to all you lovely ladies - I can't believe how many pages I've had to scroll through and it's only the second of September!

Back to school now - it feels like only yesterday when we broke up six weeks ago! This time I'm part time so it lovely to leave at 1.30pm! :smile:

I realise why the six weeks have flown past - my son, home from uni has been learning to drive. He passed his driving test last week and has taken over main use of my little yellow car! We have spent so many hours preparing him for it. That's where a lot of time has gone , but it has been so worth it. He also got himself a holiday job to be able to save for his planned trip to the USA next summer! He is a basketball coach and ref and wants to spend time in the home of basketball - it is such a minority sport here. Once he sets his mind on something he usually achieves it - so USA watch out! :smile:

We have had a really busy summer with the Dog Display Team - helping out at charity and school fayres, or demonstrating at open days. Last Saturday we were at our local MOD open day and Sunday at a local church's fun in the park - a very long and busy weekend, but really rewarding - we spoke to so many people about dog training, obedience and agility. My doodles loved it - they so enjoy interacting with people, especially children. Only two more events and then we have the autumn and winter to re-choreograph our routine for next year!

Last week our local Salvation Army church building was a victim of arson. It's so sad to see the shell of a building that has been used for the benefit of the community. Sunday evening they held an open air service next to the burnt out shell - they will not be stopped from doing good works. My usual dog walk goes past their building - the footpath has now been closed off for at least 3 weeks - it means a diversion - a sad reason for more steps on my fitbit. :cry:

My dad aged 85 has finally sold his car - he's had one for 65 years - so it's been a wrench for him. He now has a mobility scooter and is loving the independence and freedom it has given him. He has not been out on his own for over 18 months. Earlier this year he had a major op, without anaesthetic, to seal tears in his blood vessels in his kidney. From being hours away from death and being given the last rites, he has been making a steady recovery and is now independent again! Amazing. :happy:

Healing prayers to those of you (and your pets) who need support and a high five to those with victories this week. Have a great September. I'll try to post more often so that I'm keeping up with the thread. :flowerforyou:

MA in UK
  • anniebr
    anniebr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day for me. :heart: :bigsmile: I learned that a lot of my emotions, because I am an emotionally eater are driven by guilt shame, and resentments. I have to tell myself over and over that I am worth taking care of MYSELF. When I mind race and start thinking about things in the past, I use food to punish myself and keep me stuck in all that emotional pain. I know this and at 58 its hard becasue at my age do I really needed another learning experience:laugh:
    I know that I was really in bad health and so took two weeks off from work and told my friends I am on a need to know bases becasue I need to focus. I am a care taker and whats what I do for a living. So, taking care of me first is really a struggle and doing what I need to do to be healthy is also a struggle. Thats why this web site is so awesome becasue just typing in my feelings makes them real for me. I feel like I have support. :love: :love: :love: Everyone have a healthy day and take care of you. 381 ANNIE
  • anniebr
    anniebr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes Sounds like you are doing what you need to do. I can relate and hang in there. Thats what I did also. I have to use prepared foods and set up my meals in advance. A lot of people have told me that this is expensive, but I need the structure and when I go to the store I usually can find several on sale. I don't trust myself yet to monitor my eating plan so this works for me. After trying 100 diets this has worked for me. Not for everyone but I plan my meals in advance and stick to them no matter what. I am getting used to it now. I also eat fruit with the meal and bread. I don't look at it as dieting I look at it as a controlled eating plan. :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou: take care
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Amanda :smile: So glad you`re feeling some better:flowerforyou: !!! Patience isn’t one of my best virtues either:noway: !

Cindy :smile: How is little Brian doing:love: ? Noel was dancing for me last night, begging for a teeny tiny bit of cheese, with the cute dance and the sweet face she succeeded:tongue: .

Sylvia :smile: I thought it might be poison ivy, especially since you said it was spreading. I had it on one of my legs a few years ago and I have no clue how I got it, it had to be on Noels fur and she rubbed against me. Hope the meds work quick, yours sounds like it’s a lot worse than mine was...ouch:flowerforyou: !

Welcome to the best group ladies, Marcia, Karen, Discoqueen, Erica, tldavis5555, softblondechi, Liz (Joyfuliz), Lesleychev, anniebr, Denise (I`m in Winston Salem NC), Mamahoeg, Zee, bmullers, sbrownallison, daworley, pen2u:flowerforyou: , I hope I haven`t missed anyone!

Yanniejannie :smile: I love the quote!!! That sounds like a gorgeous marigold, I`ve never seen one that tall either.! A butterfly chasing a hummingbird…strange:huh: ! So glad that Gwen is doing great! You helped her so much:flowerforyou: !

Meg :smile: Benny Beagle peed right in front of you:huh: ??? Noel just waits for me to find it and then looks at me as if to say “I didn`t do it”:angry::laugh: . I bet he was missing DH and DD!! Oh dear what a mess…baby daddy cheating, baby mama making rash statements…sending you a hug my dear friend:flowerforyou: . Tell DH to remove all sharp objects from your vicinity!

Anne :smile: Hope you`ve found something for your insomnia! Not sleeping is not good:noway: Good luck on your challenge, it sounds exciting:bigsmile: .

Barbie :smile: How many days do you do line dancing? I`m going to start looking for a place around here, I`m ready to put on my dancing shoes:tongue: !!!

Alison :smile: Great shopping trip…Shopping Queen!!! I like fall too, and the season after that:noway: …well lets just say I`m always ready for spring to arrive! I`m sure

Joyce :smile: Happy anniversary:flowerforyou: :heart: !!!! I`m sure your DH appreciates all the support you give, and I`m sure you`re always right there for him:heart: !

Pat :smile: Hope the eye surgery went well:flowerforyou: !

Gail :smile: Sounds like you might have some exciting news:bigsmile: !!!

Carol :smile: I hope today has been as good as yesterday was:flowerforyou: !!! I have friends who love sardines, I`ve never tried them, what do they taste like? Sounds like your son is having a good time at school, or at least on the lake! The heat here has been just awful lately…I hope you`re staying cool!

Kayak kutie :smile: I hope today has been a good day for you:flowerforyou: !

Beth :smile: Hope the 1500 calorie number you chose will be the perfect answer to get the weight to start coming off!!! I`ve been on a plateau for a long time….:frown:

Michele :smile: So glad you heard from Bryan!!! Glad Lexi is gaining some weight back too!

I`m going to post this now and hopefully be back in just a little bit with more!

Drink your water ladies:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in hot and humid NC
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    OK, back for part two. Lunch was a Lean Cuisine which looked better in the grocery store than it tasted.

Meg............Vent away, any time!

Sylvia...........Glad you have a proper diagnosis and medication.

Kayak..........Welcome back! Hope you come to a decision you are happy with on your retirement; I can tell you I love it!

Pen2U..........I smiled when I read your suggested tobacco treatment. My DD was stung by a bee many years ago when she was at a sitters and they cut open a cigarette, moistened the tobacco and put it on the site. The sitter was a Scottish woman who said it was a home remedy from Scotland! I think Am. Indian sounds much more likely as the source of that one!

Kim.........BTW, I don't wear those shorts in public! I have sympathy for your DGD, have been awfully homesick at times in my life.

Lesley..........What are "council rates"? I'd be torn over the card thing too.

Vicki and Tere..............Welcome back from vacation!!!

Brenda..........I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time emotionally.

OK here are my aims for Sept:

At least 5 to 7,000 steps/day
    Eat more fish, at least once a week
    Log more regularly
    Live in the present.......big tendency to live in "what if I had"' land.
    Get back to goal weight.
    Speak to more people in public, just conversation; I get so intent on the errand or whatever that I tune out the people around me.

Today I chatted with a woman in a tee shirt I admired and learned that Pepsi was first made New Bern, NC, just a little trivia I didn't know.

"What day is it?"
    "It's today," squeaked Piglet.
    "My favorite day." said Pooh.

yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Friends,

Meg hope you feel better.

Sylvia again getting right diagnosis really helps. Hope it clears up soon.

Pen2U My dad did that tobacco treatment for a bee sting too.

Brenda :flowerforyou:

Went to the State Fair again yesterday. The picture was take at the agricultural building.

Today went out to lunch with a friend at an outside patio. The patio had a a lovely garden.

Today working on portion control, so tomorrow I will be closer to my maintenance weight.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon again beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Michele :smile: Did you cook the chickpeas, or just soak them? My mom soaked them overnight and then cooked them all day, hers were always delicious!

Pen2u :smile: My dad used to use a remedy very similar to what you posted when my brothers or I would get a bee sting. I remember it looked just gross, but the sting would be gone:happy: !

Welcome :smile: :flowerforyou: Madonna, Scoutit, idivadi, twinteensmom, sunshine30wal! Hope you`ll pop in often and chat!

Joyce :smile: You had me giggling about “your ladies” not being distinguishable from your abdomen:laugh: . I`m sure they are distinguishable now!

Kim :smile: Oh I hate when my plans are total opposite of everyone else`s:angry: !!! I`m looking forward to you posting the eggplant recipe…..yum!

Alison :smile: I can`t believe someone would punch a kid in the face, I would report them immediately! Congrats on the medium scrubs fitting!!!!

Heather :smile: Hope you have fun at the beer talk and tasting!

Brenda :smile: We`re here when you`re ready:flowerforyou: ! Sending you hugs!

Vicki :smile: So glad you had an enjoyable time on vacation!!! Sounds like the D in DSIL might not mean “dear”, I can`t believe they didn’t continue to take care of your fur babies:angry: !

Tere :smile: So good to see you again!!!

Cynthia :smile: Sending more good thoughts and best wishes for you and your fur baby:flowerforyou: !

MA :smile: What part of the country is your son coming to? Basketball is a big sport over here, it`s not my favorite and my friends think I`m crazy. I`m more of a baseball and football girl! Wow, your dad has been through a lot, I`m so glad he`s doing better and enjoying his independence:flowerforyou: !

Anniebr :smile: I`m glad you had a good day yesterday, I hope you`re having another good day today:flowerforyou: ! When you think about the past, know that there is nothing you can change from the past, but you can learn from it. One of my favorite sayings “it is what is it, and now I deal with it the best way I know how”. Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do!

Margaret :smile: I love your profile pic!!! Sounds like you had a fun time at the fair! I love dining outside when the weather is nice!

Yanniejannie :smile: I love that quote too!!!! Maybe one of my goals should be not talking to so many strangers; I tend to chat with everyone, at the gas station, grocery store, Starbucks, on the track, etc. etc. , I can say I`ve met a lot of nice people that way:happy: !

I just got off the phone from my landscaper, for some reason I though he was coming this month to plant shrubs and stuff, he`s coming the middle of Oct. , he said they tend to do better when it`s not so hot. So….I have some time to have my house to myself, inside and out:bigsmile: !!! A couple of the painters came by today to do a little touch up work, Noel wanted to to bite them again:noway: ….what a dog! I had my brother and police officer friend here moving furniture upstairs for me, I finally have the “great room” for the grandgirls finished!!! I still need to buy a TV to put there, but that can happen whenever, I`m waiting for the table top to be finished, they painted it Lipstick red for me, the girls will love it! Now that the house is mostly finished I can concentrate once again on getting this weight to move in a downward way. I`ve actually maintained over the summer, and while I`ve been mindful of what I was eating:happy: , the foods were not very healthy:frown: . Since I`ve had this long break I`m hoping my body will decide to let some more go!

I will try to pop in more often now too! I`ve kept up reading everyone’s posts, just didn`t have time to sit and type. Now maybe I`ll have a little more time!

Have a great evening ladies!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in still hot and humid NC
  • 8of10
    8of10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm new here! love the idea of Sep't goals, so here are mine:
    1 ride my bike 3 days a week,for at least 30 min
    2. maintain my skinny plate challenge....using a smaller plate with only 3 servings.....2 of which are fruit or veggie
    3. no more potato chips
    4. pay strict attention to portion sizes
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hugs to all of you with challenges and congrats to all of you who have succeeded in staying with your eating and exercise plan. This has been another awesome day here. I started to take the dogs out for their afternoon walk and saw that it was pouring rain, so my sweet hubby took them out and let me ride the exercise bike and watch TV instead. The rain will stop and I’ll take them out when he talks to his friend on the phone at 6:00. I called my cousin again this afternoon and she was in a chatty mood so I just agreed with everything she said and after 30 minutes said I loved her and had to get off the phone. I walked in the house while talking to her so I got some more steps.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful NW Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a workout that I found in *Fitness* magazine. Admitted today I didn't work as hard because I needed to figure out what the intensities should be (the workout just says "easy pace", etc) and the times. Now I think I have that down for the elliptical. This can probably also be done on the stationary bike, I'll have to figure that out. Tomorrow I'm planning to do some yoga and then take the deep water class.

Madonna - welcome, great NSV

scoutit - welcome back. Can you take in snacks to the office?

Joyce - that was nice of Michelle to show you the video to help reinforce the fact that you've come a long way, baby!!!

idivadi - welcome. Tell us more about yourself. Oh, yes, everyone here is going thru the same things, so we certainly can relate. And our experiences are different from when we were in our 20's and 30's, so you're in a great place. Good luck on your step challenge. Let us know how its going

Lesley - sometimes it's good to take a break from hard training and just do something moderate. At least I'm hoping that I'll see a loss since I didn't do hard training today.

Amanda - give yourself time to heal, it'll be worth it in the end. The last thing you want to do is make matters worse. I know how hard it is to have to be sedentary. When I broke the bone in my foot a few years ago, I thought I'd go absolutely crazy.

katla - I believe you once said to me that you were lactose intolerant. Can you give me an idea of a casserole that you can have?

Heather - I didn't know that you needed to cook the beans after you soaked them! How do you cook them in a pressure cooker? I'm wondering if it's like when I make hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker. Update: Heather - were all the skins supposed to fall off? Some of them did, some of them I was able to take off. They are softer and for my purposes (in my salad) they'll be fine. But should I have cooked them longer?

Brenda from MD - when you're ready to talk, we're ready to listen. So glad you joined us!

Vicki - welcome back. Glad you had such a nice vacation. So sorry to hear about the bike.

Tere - so glad to see you back! Good goals

Sylvia - glad you got a firm diagnosis. No fun, I had p.i. once and I remember what a pain in the **** it was. But at least you know what you're dealing with

Karen - how funny. We would love to have you! Sorry about your elbow, hope it heals quickly for you

sunshine - welcome! Waiting with baited breath to find out more about you

Exercised, came home and had some breakfast (I usually have a piece of fruit before I exercise so that I have something on my stomach), went in the pool, then went to play mahjongg, then to Lowes Foods then home for dinner.

Heather - I would think that if you are making falafels, you would cook the chickpeas. That would give it a better consistency.

Cynthia - words can't even begin to experess how I feel for you and your furbaby. Our cats are sending good thoughts (so am I)

MA in UK - that's horrible about the church! Your dad sounds like one truly amazing man

Annie - you have lots of support here. I can't seem to plan all of my meals, but I do usually plan my breakfast for the next day and my dinner that day, at least the meat portion.

DeeDee - I love sardines. Was it REALLY humid by you? It wasn't by me. Just hot, hot, hot (so I got lots of pool time) At first I just soaked my chickpeas, then when Heather said they needed to be cooked, I put them in the pressure cooker. I think they actually needed to be in there for longer, but they did soften up, enough for me in my salad. That's interesting that your mom cooked hers all day. I bet you could cook them in a crockpot (that at least would save on the electricity). I've asked Vince to walk around the neighborhood with me and he answered "can't we ride our bikes because I know you and you'll stop to talk to everyone" And he's right! One of the things that I liked about NC was when Bryan was at Elon, I went shopping to cook some things for him. People in the grocery store actually talked to you! In PA, if you had a heart attack in line, they'd just step right over you to get checked out. But down here I got all sorts of questions "what school does you son go to, what's he studying, what are you making" and so on.

8of10 - welcome!

Going to take a shower, then maybe sit out by the pool a bit to let my hair dry, then spend some time with Lance and Shadow.

Michele in NC
    who managed to sneak the insulin into Lance this morning
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi all just a brief bump and high five! I'm rooting for all of you. Especially puppy dog with the eye drain! Poor thing. Benny Beagle was totally deaf with the cone on! So he sends doggy kisses. Too stressed to say much else except I did go to the neighbors and apologize for them taking the furniture to DD's house. Meg from hot and humid Omaha
  • lkeith2
    Options
    I'm new here. 59 years old from Varina, Va. I'm losing weight because I feel miserable. I have spent my entire life fighting being overweight. Want to lose slow, get exercise and enjoy life not fearing food but living peaceful with it. :flowerforyou:
    What does bump mean? I'm bump if its good. Lol
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Sylvia – what a drag, but glad you know, yes it can be transferred by a dog… WASH you clothes, bedding, towels or you can give it to yourself. :smile: I had a very bad case a few years back, and now seem to get it easier...

Karen – welcome, I lived in Bellows Falls, Vermont for a short time in 1980 – Loved it – where do you live?

Heather – I love falafels, :love: had a friend who made them everytime I was over and I have not made them; but I have his recipe…hmmmm think they were baked…. I will be looking that up.

MA – how exciting that your son is coming our way! And teaching him to drive there will barely help him here – when I was in the UK I found driving on the other side of the road was so so hard! What a tough time with your Dad – so glad he is doing so much better.

381Annie – sounds like you are taking the steps to re-invent yourself.

YannieJannie – Lean Cuisine and other of the “frozen” meals have great names and pictures but rarely measures up. :drinker: I am happier with something out of my freezer

Margaret – what a cute picture!

DeeDee – how exciting a month of no repair/remodel/painting people!!!

8of10- welcome

Meg – take care!

Lkeith2 – bump is a “place holder” so it is easier to find your place in the thread.

So here is the eggplant recipe - It could be made healthier with low fat coconut milk and with low sodium stir fry sauce....

Quick Braised Eggplant with Coconut Milk and scallions
    1/8 cup canola oil
    1 medium onion, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
    2 teaspoons minced garlic
    1 1/4 pounds Asian or Italian eggplants (about 4), cut into 3-by-1/2-inch pieces
    1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine, sake or water
    1/2 cup Vietnamese Stir-fry Sauce
    1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
    1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, stirred just before using
    2 teaspoons Asian chili paste
    4 large scallions, white and tender green parts only, cut into 3/4-inch lengths
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1. Heat the canola oil in a large skillet or a wok until small puffs of smoke begin to appear. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry over high heat until the onion is just crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Add the eggplant and stir-fry until browned in spots and just tender, about 5 minutes. Add the Chinese cooking wine and cook until nearly evaporated, about 1 minute. Add the Vietnamese Stir-fry Sauce, water, coconut milk, cornstarch and chili paste. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is very tender and the sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes longer. Add the scallions and cook for 30 seconds. Serve the eggplant hot.
    Makes 3, 1 cup servings 257calories; 16 carbs, 19 fat, 2 protein, 4,973 sodium

September goals:
    Stretch 5 minutes 8 times
    Walk 100 miles -6.55 = 93.45 to go
    Do 4 errands walking (from home or a 15 minute walk from the place the car is parked)
    Do Heather’s abc balance 2 time a week

Kim from N. California
  • 4thoseilove
    Options
    *bump*
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What a beautiful late summer day in suburban Wichita we had! As a newbie I have to say I REALLY enjoy reading about your day and your lives - I am 52 and although all of our lives are a little different, there are real similarities. I am married, almost 32 years, and have four children: boy girl boy girl! We are blessed beyond measure!

I have always been the chubby girl, sometimes more, sometimes less chubby. Right now, after knee surgery 14 months ago, I am trying to drop pounds for my joints, overall health, and for a trip in two weeks to Mexico!! I am struggling today with a yummy mix of candy corn, peanuts and m&m's I made. My goal in to have none of it just for tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Have a good sleep and good day tomorrow!

Denise, Wichita
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Cynthia, I'm hugging my dogs tonight because I can't hug yours. The poor thing! Please keep us updated.

I had to think about the suggestion to use tobacco to treat the itch. I wouldn't even know how to buy tobacco, being sort of a militant non-smoker myself. But I did briefly consider trying, till the doctor got involved. I did, however, rub a used banana peel on my feet because I read it online. Hubby laughed at that, and said somebody just posted that as a joke, to see if anybody was dumb enough to try it. Well, I was, and it didn't work.

I got my meds and one of them is indeed prednisone. The other is something they said they called Blue Goo. It's a combination of a steroid, diphenhydramine, and lidocaine, in a blue tinted gel. Miracle stuff! It does help the itch, which nothing else did, so I'm much happier tonight than I was this morning. I did stay home all day though, mostly because I couldn't wear shoes. Even my flip flops hurt. But I did manage to do a lot of laundry, including my running shoes, hoping to avoid any more spread. And I also made a half batch of naan in my George Foreman grill. It was pretty good. I had one piece. Hubby has been eating it and likes it. I was experimenting, looking for something fun to make with the kids one of these days.

Well, I think I'm going to bed early. Goodnight all.

Sylvia
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, so glad you went to dr, you had to be in pain! Lesley, you had me curious when you said you picked up more Linda McCartney items for lunch, I had to look it up! I had not heard of it before but had fun looking at the facebook page! I take my lunch everyday and struggle with what to take at times.
    Denise, Wichita
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Well still coughing like a horse lol Bought cough medicine from chemist yesterday (he told me which one as I am on asthma meds. Also Olive leaf spray. Sunny this morning so washed our bed sheets and the dog's doona cover. remade beds and cleaned house.
    Just walking the dog today and food cals lower at 1816, all good
    I had Linda McCartney's vegetarian sausages with baked potato with sour cream and chives for lunch. Sausages tasted good.

Lesley..........What are "council rates"?
    We pay the Council Rates every year for the upkeep of Wynyard and Somerset, $613 a year. We were paying over $1500 a year in Victoria, We have a septic tank and rainwater tank for house and bore water for garden. Happy with that. Our Council is good and repair roads in good time, clean pavements and put flowers in gardens. The 2 towns are really pretty and police on the ball. Plus we have good shops.

Lesley in Tasmania
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Wow! So many posts in just a few days!

Welcome to all the new ladies. I counted 27 new names.

I've been on this plateau for so long I feel like a lemming! I know it's going to break any day now. I got three different weights on the scale again this a.m. :tongue: Saturday, I went mall-walking with friends. We did 3 miles. My DH went with me, and then complained all afternoon about how walking in the mall hurt his feet.:grumble:

I've been busy these last two days. Yesterday, I was in the kitchen. I made 50 calorie eggplant. The eggplant was great. Then I made a cookie recipe that I saw on FB. The cookie recipe was okay, but needs a little more zing. I also made stuffed shells for dinner. The stuffed shells had a chickpea-ricotta filling.

Today I vacuumed the living room and stairs. I steam-cleaned the stairs. I did four loads of laundry and mopped the kitchen floor. I rewarded myself with a donut. And I'm still under my calories. yay!

Cynthia - hugs to you and your fur-baby. I hope he feels better soon. You'll have to be his guide human for a little while.:wink: Just put your hand in front of his nose, then he can follow your scent.

Michele - Canned chickpeas are cooked. I just used a can in two different recipes. Stuffed shells and chicken parmesan burgers.

I know that you and Lance don't get along that well. It may be that he doesn't like needles. I have had three diabetic cats. One I lost to kidney failure. The other two are doing good. Blackie was easy, he went into remission within the first week of diagnosis. He just eats the prescription food. No shots required. Bonnie had multiple issues with inflammation of the pancreas, the early symptoms of fatty liver disease and diabetes. Her blood glucose was 425. The only time I was successful at taking her glucose, it read 180. I haven't been able to get a glucose since. My fault, pilot error. I can tell it is better by her eyes. When her glucose is high, her pupils are dilated and glassy. Bonnie gets 1 unit of insulin 2x a day. I give her a good scratch on her neck scruff, then pick up a flap of the scruff and inject her insulin. Then I scratch her again. She shoots, she scores, she purrrrrs.:laugh:
    You know, it sounds like Lance might be a bit stressed from all the relocations. Have you tried Feliway? It is a pherome spray/diffuser that calms cats. That might help. It is pricey, and there are off brands. it runs $20 for the spray, up to $50 for the diffuser. I have bought it online for less.
    Another thing, does Lance have a hiding place? I have found that when my cats are stressed, they like a hideway. I have a couple of cat cube beds tucked around the house. Good for a quiet nap. Kinda wish I had one.

Joyce - Happy Annivrsary!! Congrats on the new clothes! sounds lovely!

Amanda and Pat - Hope you feel better soon. Get your rest.

Bjkidfun - Good for you for walking it out. :laugh:

Sylvia - Ouch, Poison Ivy! Be sure to wash all your tainted clothes and sheets separately from your other clothes. Did you bathe the dog? I'm glad you went to the Dr. Sure hope you feel better soon. My oldest sister just did some yard work, clearing brush and yep, she got poison ivy. She had a terrible reaction, evidently she's allergic. Luckily, her DH is a nurse and had an epi-pen for his allergies. And she STILL refuses to see an allergist. :noway:

Meg - Breathe. Just breathe.
    I know you are worried about your daughter and the grandchild-to-be. It will all work out. Yes, it will.:flowerforyou: ((hugs))

Allison - Good score on the Goodwill run! I love going there. I saw a dress in a catalog that I loved, but it was to $$. I found it at Goodwill for $10. Love that!

Diane in TX