Eat Stop Eat 20-24 Hour Fast

Options

Replies

• dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    There are a ton of benefits from a one-day fast. Your body uses the energy it would spend on digestion for repair and cleansing. All the crap we consume with our food due to processing, et al are expelled.

I woke up this morning having not read your post OP, and I am fasting with you...funny that it started that way!

Welcome Jon. Thanks for joining us.
  • roadrunnerthe1
    Options
    I decided to give it a shot. I had a yogurt this morning at 7:00am and will not eat again until after 7:00 tommorow. Does it matter which 24 hour period you use? Is one better than the other? I have been on a platue for a month now and everytime I think I broke it I bounce right back so hopefully this will get me past this hurdle.
  • dewoods
    Options
    I decided to give it a shot. I had a yogurt this morning at 7:00am and will not eat again until after 7:00 tommorow. Does it matter which 24 hour period you use? Is one better than the other? I have been on a platue for a month now and everytime I think I broke it I bounce right back so hopefully this will get me past this hurdle.

For me it is easier to start say between 6-9PM and not eat until 6PM the next day. This way you sleep for a large portion of the 20-24 hour period.

I will be interested to hear how you do with not eating until 7AM tomorrow.
  • roadrunnerthe1
    Options
    I will keep you posted. I just joined this sight last week and I am now addicted to it. It keeps my head screwed on straight. I started dieting in July and have lost 45 pounds but have been stuck for weeks now. Heard about this sight and thought I would give it a shot.
  • dewoods
    Options
    I will keep you posted. I just joined this sight last week and I am now addicted to it. It keeps my head screwed on straight. I started dieting in July and have lost 45 pounds but have been stuck for weeks now. Heard about this sight and thought I would give it a shot.

Awesome, welcome aboard. I found doing this pushed me over a plateau as well so I thought I would try it another day since the holiday parties have started.

Good Luck!
  • dewoods
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I just completed my workout over lunch instead of eating. I feel refreshed and ready to go.
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Just came across your thread. I had my first fasting week last week. I did Tuesday and Thursday. I did mine from 1pm-1pm, that way I could have breakfast and lunch and then begin. I'm not a big breakfast person, so this seemed to work best for me. I was a little worried about working out during fasting days, so I just exercised on my eating days. All-in-all, it wasn't that hard, I just had to keep my mind on anything BUT eating. I drank lots of green tea and seltzer water during my fasting days. My weight on 12/9 was 132. After the fasts my weight on 12/18 was 129.5 -- so 2.5 pounds gone in just over a week. This really seemed to help me jump start my weight loss back up. I don't have much to lose, but haven't lost at this rate since I first started. I have started my fast today and will go until 1pm tomorrow. Good luck to all of you! I am anxious to hear how it goes for you...I'll keep you updated on my progress, as well!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Ive been researching this all day long.

I researched and found that there are many benefits to intermittent fasting.
    The Slowing of metablism does not occur untill Three of four days of fasting so that is not a worry of mine any more.
    I used to eat this way but i though i was wrong because. I tried eating more often and I gained more than ever.

Im going to try 4pm to 4pm.
    Wish me luck !
  • dewoods
    Options
    Yay!! Ive been researching this all day long.

I researched and found that there are many benefits to intermittent fasting.
    The Slowing of metablism does not occur untill Three of four days of fasting so that is not a worry of mine any more.
    I used to eat this way but i though i was wrong because. I tried eating more often and I gained more than ever.

Im going to try 4pm to 4pm.
    Wish me luck !

Welcome. I would suggest that you eat a meal before you start to help carry you through the day tomorrow. Post your progress so we know how you're doing. Good luck.
  • SillySarah
    Options
    I was wondering something:

How often do you guys who follow the ESE plan fast? Is it every day or every few days?
  • dewoods
    Options

How often do you guys who follow the ESE plan fast? Is it every day or every few days?

I've read that you shouldn't do it more than a couple of days a week and not consecutive days either.
  • SillySarah
    Options

I've read that you shouldn't do it more than a couple of days a week and not consecutive days either.

Thanks. I think I am going to do a fast between today at 5PM through tomorrow at 5PM. I have to go workout here in a few and so I'll be able to get in a PWO meal in after it before I start the actual fast.

I fasted from 8PM last Friday through 2PM on Saturday. I wasn't hungry at all and when I started to get a bit light headed, I ate and felt fine.
  • Helenuh
    Options
    I started my fast at 8pm yesterday, so I'm 17 hours in. Only 7 hours left.
  • dewoods
    Options

Thanks. I think I am going to do a fast between today at 5PM through tomorrow at 5PM. I have to go workout here in a few and so I'll be able to get in a PWO meal in after it before I start the actual fast.

I fasted from 8PM last Friday through 2PM on Saturday. I wasn't hungry at all and when I started to get a bit light headed, I ate and felt fine.

Excellent. An 8PM to 2PM isn't all bad either. Good luck and post your progress.
  • dewoods
    Options
    I started my fast at 8pm yesterday, so I'm 17 hours in. Only 7 hours left.

Great job. How you doing so far?
  • ctraill
    ctraill Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    All right my 24 hour fast is finished! The last 3-4 hours were a bit tougher once I started to go about my day, climbing stairs, walking, etc. I started to get hungry and just really think about food a lot but then I really didn't drink much water (maybe 10oz all day) so I probably would have felt poorly either way since I was dehydrated, I think.

Even though I could eat, I'm still going to try to hold off and not eat for a couple more hours until I get to the Christmas party I'm attending tonight. (But it's nice to know that I can eat now!)

I feel good that I've accomplished this but I definitely don't think I'd do it more than once a week.
  • dewoods
    Options
    All right my 24 hour fast is finished! The last 3-4 hours were a bit tougher once I started to go about my day, climbing stairs, walking, etc. I started to get hungry and just really think about food a lot but then I really didn't drink much water (maybe 10oz all day) so I probably would have felt poorly either way since I was dehydrated, I think.

Even though I could eat, I'm still going to try to hold off and not eat for a couple more hours until I get to the Christmas party I'm attending tonight. (But it's nice to know that I can eat now!)

I feel good that I've accomplished this but I definitely don't think I'd do it more than once a week.

Great Job! Way to stick with it, and keeping hydrated is definitely a plus for me. I've kept some type of drink with me all day. From what I've read you should only do this 1-2 times a week at max and not consecutive days. Way to stick it out. Only a couple more hours for me.
  • roadrunnerthe1
    Options
    Do you end up eating the calories you miss from breakfast and lunch when you do eat or do you forfit those calories?
  • dewoods
    Options
    Do you end up eating the calories you miss from breakfast and lunch when you do eat or do you forfit those calories?

I did not the last time I did this.
  • dewoods
    Options
    How did everyone do? Most should have finished by now. I feel great, had a nice dinner and ready to go.