Eat Stop Eat 20-24 Hour Fast

Options

Replies

• Helenuh
    Options
    My mom brought home a pepperoni pizza an hour ago and I am really struggling with not having a slice. I have 44 minutes left. This is torture. Lol, I sound like a baby. Well today I had a cup of fat free milk, and 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth. Once this fast is over I am having a slice, maybe 2 slices of pizza, a bottle of water, then nothing else. I hope I make it.
  • dewoods
    dewoods Posts: 148
    Options
    My mom brought home a pepperoni pizza an hour ago and I am really struggling with not having a slice. I have 44 minutes left. This is torture. Lol, I sound like a baby. Well today I had a cup of fat free milk, and 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth. Once this fast is over I am having a slice, maybe 2 slices of pizza, a bottle of water, then nothing else. I hope I make it.

Awesome job. Way to keep the focus. I feel great. Actually just finished a second workout for the day.
  • SkierElle
    Options
    I'm fasting until 7am tomorrow morning. Good luck you all- especially the first timers!! I got pretty hungry an hour or so ago then I had some tea and I'm just fine! I'm going to bed in an hour or two anyway - so I should be golden.

I'm taking a break from fasts till the new year, going to go "home" and enjoy some time with my family. I'm still going to log food and try to keep it under, except Christmas. then once I get back here I'll start up again doing 2x per week. My normal fasting days are Sunday and Wednesday but this week is a little crazy. I've done 5 fasts in the last two weeks, including the 32 hour one. I'll weigh myself in the morning and see where I'm at! I always weigh myself the morning after fasts; that way it is really consistent. However I weighed myself the day after my weigh in last week and it was the same.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Mine starts tonight until 6PM tomorrow. I have a step class & pilates tomorrow morning since I stay home this week. I'll have a protein drink after the class.
    It's easy for me to stick to my fast day because I only cook for me. I found it's hard to do whenever I do cooking for someone else.
  • dewoods
    Options
    I'm fasting until 7am tomorrow morning. Good luck you all- especially the first timers!! I got pretty hungry an hour or so ago then I had some tea and I'm just fine! I'm going to bed in an hour or two anyway - so I should be golden.

I'm taking a break from fasts till the new year, going to go "home" and enjoy some time with my family. I'm still going to log food and try to keep it under, except Christmas. then once I get back here I'll start up again doing 2x per week. My normal fasting days are Sunday and Wednesday but this week is a little crazy. I've done 5 fasts in the last two weeks, including the 32 hour one. I'll weigh myself in the morning and see where I'm at! I always weigh myself the morning after fasts; that way it is really consistent. However I weighed myself the day after my weigh in last week and it was the same.

Keep up posted and have a Merry Christmas.
  • dewoods
    Options
    Mine starts tonight until 6PM tomorrow. I have a step class & pilates tomorrow morning since I stay home this week. I'll have a protein drink after the class.
    It's easy for me to stick to my fast day because I only cook for me. I found it's hard to do whenever I do cooking for someone else.

Awesome, keep us posted. And by your ticker it looks like you're doing great at this program.
  • roadrunnerthe1
    Options
    Well I made it. It really wasn't bad and the results are good. I have been struggling to hit a 50 pound loss by Christmas and have been stuck at 43 - 44 pounds for the last 3 - 4 weeks. 48 pounds as of this morning so I feel great. I will be doing this again at least once a week.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    If i try i think i will do a whole day of fasting, have my dinner say tonight at 6pm, then not eat anything tomorrow and my next meal would be breakfast the day after tomorrow?

I would be sleeping the last 8 hours so how bad can it be?

comments?
  • SkierElle
    Options
    If i try i think i will do a whole day of fasting, have my dinner say tonight at 6pm, then not eat anything tomorrow and my next meal would be breakfast the day after tomorrow?

comments?

I did that last week. It was TOUGH! I couldn't sleep well the night after my fasting day, and I ended up getting up at 5am to make breakfast!! Lol. However, the trouble sleeping might have been because of finals and nerves! it is something I'd only do like once a month. If you're up for the challenge, go for it though! It's going to be harder to fast 36 hours if you haven't tried 24, though.
  • supersarah14
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!

I'm on my first day of the fast...started the clock last night at 6:30. (Dinner ran a little late :smile: ) So far I'm a little hungry but I just keep drinking water and tea. I've been at a plateau for 2 months now...I'm really hoping that this is the kickstart I need. I'll be doing this today until 6:30pm then 6pm Thursday until 6pm Friday.

I've never had much self control so I'm very proud of myself for keeping my hands out of the cookies at home this morning and the chocolate in the kitchen at work. If I can make it until 6:30 tonight I'll give myself a HUGE pat on the back. :smile:
  • dewoods
    Options
    Well I made it. It really wasn't bad and the results are good. I have been struggling to hit a 50 pound loss by Christmas and have been stuck at 43 - 44 pounds for the last 3 - 4 weeks. 48 pounds as of this morning so I feel great. I will be doing this again at least once a week.

Awesome, I'm glad it helped push you over the plateau.
  • dewoods
    Options

comments?

The rule I have been following is stop eating at 6PM and don't eat again until 6PM the next day. I will be interested to hear how it goes if you wait an additional 12 hours.
  • dewoods
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!

I'm on my first day of the fast...started the clock last night at 6:30. (Dinner ran a little late :smile: ) So far I'm a little hungry but I just keep drinking water and tea. I've been at a plateau for 2 months now...I'm really hoping that this is the kickstart I need. I'll be doing this today until 6:30pm then 6pm Thursday until 6pm Friday.

I've never had much self control so I'm very proud of myself for keeping my hands out of the cookies at home this morning and the chocolate in the kitchen at work. If I can make it until 6:30 tonight I'll give myself a HUGE pat on the back. :smile:

Awesome! Your support team is here for you during your quest. Don't give up!
  • dewoods
    Options
    Here is something I noticed the day after. I ate a normal dinner last night and some treats since it is the holiday season. I really wasn't overly hungry this morning and will have to force myself to eat. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • supersarah14
    Options
    So...

I'm 16ish hours into the fast and I'm starting to notice 2 things. First of all, I have a lot of energy! I'm talking I feel like I drank 6 cups of coffee, but in reality I've only had 2 glasses of tea. Weird. Second. ALL I can think about is food. I'm hungry but not starving. It's more annoying than anything. But, seriously, all I can think about is food. I'm trying to do things to keep my mind off of food (you know...like work :ohwell: ) but it's really difficult.

Anyone else experience this?
  • jonjoyner83
    Options
    I went from 9PM Sunday until 9AM today (36 hours). In that amount of time I had the biggest frickin headache ever and drank probably 3 gallons of water, but was never hungry. This morning I had eggs and grape nut flakes with skim milk. Completely picked me up.

I also weighed 181 yesterday and weighed in at 177 today....Is there a way to expalin that sort of fluctuation? Surely not 4 pounds of fat (14,000 calories)
  • dewoods
    Options
    So...

I'm 16ish hours into the fast and I'm starting to notice 2 things. First of all, I have a lot of energy! I'm talking I feel like I drank 6 cups of coffee, but in reality I've only had 2 glasses of tea. Weird. Second. ALL I can think about is food. I'm hungry but not starving. It's more annoying than anything. But, seriously, all I can think about is food. I'm trying to do things to keep my mind off of food (you know...like work :ohwell: ) but it's really difficult.

Anyone else experience this?

I guess I thought about food a lot, but more of just planning on what I wanted to eat at the end, etc. Great job!
  • dewoods
    Options
    I went from 9PM Sunday until 9AM today (36 hours). In that amount of time I had the biggest frickin headache ever and drank probably 3 gallons of water, but was never hungry. This morning I had eggs and grape nut flakes with skim milk. Completely picked me up.

I also weighed 181 yesterday and weighed in at 177 today....Is there a way to expalin that sort of fluctuation? Surely not 4 pounds of fat (14,000 calories)

I'm not sure. You probably gave your system a good flushing with all the water and at 36 hours with no sodium intake are not retaining a lot of water either. Great Job!
  • evelazquez78
    evelazquez78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last two-and-a-half hours of my first fast for the week. This is my third fasting day since I started, and I have noticed that it does get a lot easier each time I do it. I will fast again from Thursday @ 1pm until Friday at 1pm, that way I get another one in before the holidays.
  • dewoods
    Options
    I'm on my last two-and-a-half hours of my first fast for the week. This is my third fasting day since I started, and I have noticed that it does get a lot easier each time I do it. I will fast again from Thursday @ 1pm until Friday at 1pm, that way I get another one in before the holidays.

Great job. I might get 1 more in this week as well.