Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have plateaued since January, and I really want to lose these last 20 pounds. I need some major support. I've already lost 90 pounds, but I just can't get this last weight off. Who's with me?

Hey Amy!! I cannot say I have plteaued........I just went off the charts and gained back 10 of the last 20. Knowing what I know, I am stopping this train NOW!!

I am going to get this last 20 off. I will check in with you starting 1/1/11 (but am working this entire month on changeing eating habits again)
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I've had pretty good results with TF. I've lost about 17 lbs in the almost 20 weeks I've been doing it. I LOVE the intense cardio. Oh, I'm thinking I may actually start the hybrid on the 7th (Friday), since I prefer my rest day to be on Sunday. Thoughts? Not sure if you prefer a different day to for rest. The mid-week rest kinda throws me off. LOL
    I haven't thought that far in advance. I kind of like Saturday or Sunday to be rest days as well because of household duties, but usually by Wednesday, I am ready for a break. I'll think about it.

No biggie. Even if we do start on different days, we'll still be doing the same program. So we can still check in on each other's progress and keep each other motivated. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    12/20/10 Starting weight: 143
    12/20/10 Current weight: 143
    Goal weight: 123

Other Info... Had heart sx this year, then they closed my office, I got a new job (same company), my kids are all grown. I went from working from home and driving and walking all day, to sitting at a desk.
    Family: 3 grown kids, one at home going to school
    Date you started losing weight: which one?? :laugh: June 10, 2008
    Weight Lost to Date: 36 at my lowest which was 132 with the help of a trainer. I am now 143 or so......but that is about to change!!!:glasses:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jeannie!!!! So happy to lose these last few pounds with you!

sas16--It'll be nice to have someone else to do the program with. I desperately need some accountability. Are you using the hybrid schedule that came with TF or something else? I got one emailed to me from someone's trainer that is a bit different. The one I am doing takes into consideration that you've already completed CLX, I believe.
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! I need more friends on here too :) I'm still losing weight but it is real slow now.

12/20/10 Starting weight: 145
    12/20/10 Current weight: 141.8
    Goal weight: 128 ish

Other Info...
    Family: married with two kids ages 4 and 2
    Date you started losing weight: Ugh, 2002 but more recently September 2010
    Weight Lost to Date: Since my daughter was born... about 17 pounds
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I'd love to join this group! I need more friends on here too :) I'm still losing weight but it is real slow now.

12/20/10 Starting weight: 145
    12/20/10 Current weight: 141.8
    Goal weight: 128 ish

Other Info...
    Family: married with two kids ages 4 and 2
    Date you started losing weight: Ugh, 2002 but more recently September 2010
    Weight Lost to Date: Since my daughter was born... about 17 pounds
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    12/21/10 Starting weight: 151
    12/21/10 Current weight: 151
    Goal weight: 130

Other Info... have ran 4 half marathons and best time 1:57:15, training to run one in 1:45 and running a full marathon in June 1011
    Family: One son-24 and dghtr in law
    Date you started losing weight: hmmm....seems like forever
    Weight Lost to Date: started in September 2008 at 252

I am struggling with this last bit of weight...I do good with food and exercise and drop 5, then I go haywire on eating badly at night and gain it back. I am a big runner and recently started adding in strength training. It is the food that does me in! Oh, i do own p90x and want to give it a "real" whirl starting in January.

Good luck everyone!

mary
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Mary--Welcome! I started running in June 2009, and I ran my farthest race, a 10K, in June 2010. I took a break though because the summer weather was wicked hot and humid. I would like to start running again, but I might wait until the spring. I might try to get out over Christmas break a couple of times as long as it's not too cold (30s would be okay) and icy. I love it when I do it, but I was starting to feel tortured right before I stopped. Not sure what the deal was...

Looks like I will be shoveling some snow again today. We didn't get as much as the last time I shoveled. I'm going to wear my HRM to check out the burn though. I also plan on doing Turbo Jam Turbo Sculpt later today too.
  • sas16
    Options
    sas16--It'll be nice to have someone else to do the program with. I desperately need some accountability. Are you using the hybrid schedule that came with TF or something else? I got one emailed to me from someone's trainer that is a bit different. The one I am doing takes into consideration that you've already completed CLX, I believe.
    I was just going to use the one that came with TF. Although I didn't buy the advanced series so I'll have tweak it a bit and use the workouts I have. I'd be interested to see the one you have if possible.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I was just going to use the one that came with TF. Although I didn't buy the advanced series so I'll have tweak it a bit and use the workouts I have. I'd be interested to see the one you have if possible.
    Send me a message with your email address, and I'll forward it on to you.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    12/21/10 Starting weight: 170.8
    12/21/10 Current weight: 170.8
    Goal weight: 155 would be awesome!
    Other Info...
    Family: Cohabitating with a bf for 5 years hoping to get engaged soon!
    Date you started losing weight: January 2009
    Weight Lost to Date: 26lbs

I do running races, 5k's, 10 k's and I did my first half marathon in November. I am training for my second triathlon and I really need to figure out how to get this weight off! I train 6 days a week but for me it is the food and drinking. I can't wait for the holidays to end so I can get on the healthy wagon again. I am still starting now but I know it will be hard to get a lot of weight off until after December is over.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    How's everyone doing? What did you do for exercise today?

I love that so many people hopped on board, but I want to hear from you too! :wink:

I shoveled snow for an hour and burned 482 calories. I am hoping to do some strength in a bit too, but I am waiting for my stomach to stop acting funny.

Hope you are all too busy working out and/or getting ready for Christmas! Only four more days!!!
  • sas16
    Options
    Did my TF workout this morning. I workout around 5:30am every morning. Only time I can get my workout in. Did 55EZ & Fire 30. Burned 756 cals! Been pushing myself the last 3-4 weeks cuz I've been doing the burn 3500 calorie challenge. It's motivated me to step up my workouts at least.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Did my TF workout this morning. I workout around 5:30am every morning. Only time I can get my workout in. Did 55EZ & Fire 30. Burned 756 cals! Been pushing myself the last 3-4 weeks cuz I've been doing the burn 3500 calorie challenge. It's motivated me to step up my workouts at least.
    Great job! I have a silly question about TF. The numbers on the end are the times of the workouts, right?
  • sas16
    Options
    Great job! I have a silly question about TF. The numbers on the end are the times of the workouts, right?
    Thanks! And, yes, you are correct. :smile:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I still have no motivation. I think when I'm actually crazy busy with school and work, I actually work out more because I can't put it off until later. I keep saying I'm going to do it after work but then I'm so tired I don't. At least when school is in, I can't after work so I have to work out in the mornings. :ohwell: Doing great on my calories at least. :tongue:

I'm actually going to change my ticker to have a countdown to my goal weight since I've been maintaining for so long, it's almost like I'm starting over again.
  • mafery
    Options
    I am really in the same position of just maintaining the 150 forever. For me it is the food! I work out enough, but food just calls me...and not the good stuff either. I am trying, but man oh man....yeah.

Yesterday for working out I ran 2 miles on the treadmill (killing time waiting for the class to start) and then took a 24 lift class, which was boring as all heck. Funny, when I got onto the treadmill (which I hate running on) the guy next to me was running an okay pace but when I hopped on mine I thought "might as well go full metal" and then he started hauling *kitten* too, but sloppy...just funny when you notice it. Like he was thinking can not let this girl show me up. Right after I stopped, he did too...

Anyway at lunch today, i am taking a boot camp class. I will try to make better food choices....at least for today :)

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • mafery
    Options
    Mary--Welcome! I started running in June 2009, and I ran my farthest race, a 10K, in June 2010. I took a break though because the summer weather was wicked hot and humid. I would like to start running again, but I might wait until the spring. I might try to get out over Christmas break a couple of times as long as it's not too cold (30s would be okay) and icy. I love it when I do it, but I was starting to feel tortured right before I stopped. Not sure what the deal was...

I can not say I absolutely love running but it is a personal challenge against yourself and burns calories...well and bragging rights oh and easy to do when short on time. I found out when you start pushing yourself more, you start to feel tortured (at least I do), so maybe you were pushing your pace, hills, etc.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just saw this post and I was thinking of starting a similar type group (last 15 lbs or whatever), I'd love to join you guys!

Name: Sara
    12/20/10 Starting weight: 150.7
    12/20/10 Current weight: 150.7
    Goal weight: 135-140

Other Info...
    Occupation: Mechanical Systems Engineer for communication satellites... kind of a rocket scientist :P
    Family: one tiny 20 year old sister who's size and athleticism I've always envied, and I've been dating my boyfriend since the beginning of October
    Date you started losing weight: Fall 2009 during my last semester of college. Lost 15 lbs at school. Then when I started my job in February of this year, I kicked it into gear.
    Weight Lost to Date: 64.3 lbs

I have a pretty big variety for exercises. I've done the Chalean Extreme and Turbo Fire hybrid for the past few months. That's winding down and I just joined a gym for the first time. I'm super excited about that (I want to work on my running and strength training) and I signed up for a personal trainer 3 times a month. Can't wait to get started! Hopefully that guidance will really help with reaching my goal by the summer. Then I can focus in the second half of the year on toning everything up.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I followed Sara here...:happy: & I would like to join you as well!

Name: Mandie
    12/22/10 Starting weight: 172
    12/22/10 Current weight: 172
    Goal weight: 157 (exactly 15lbs to goooooooo)

Other Info...
    Occupation: Full time student, studying psychology & full time wifey!!!
    Family: I've been married for 1.5 years to the most incredible man & I am the 3rd of 4 children
    Date you started Losing Weight: Mid-July 2010
    Weight Lost to Date: 32.8lbs