Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Jeannie!

I think I had too much sodium yesterday, because my weight's up a bit. Grrr! I was liking the trend of -1.8 pounds per day with this Inferno plan.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    TF Fire 45 & Fire 30. I've been doing the burn 3500 calories a week challenge so that's been very motivating to push myself as far as my workouts. Next week will be my last week doing it since I'll be starting the TF/CLX hybrid. I know strength training doesn't burn as many cals as cardio, so doubt I'd be able to hit that 3500 mark. It was fun while it lasted though. :happy:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Awesome, Sas! I am not sure if I mentioned this already, but I am also starting the hybrid on the third. Can't wait!

I am mysteriously up a pound today. I am thinking I had too much salt too late last night. I was way under on calories (with exercise), which is the point during this Inferno plan. Today's my last day. Oh, I"ve lost an inch off my waist. Yeah!

I was thinking of making a goal for my 30rd birthday, which is 1/28...to get down to 147. Do you think even though I"ve been plateaued for a year that I can lose 5 pounds in a month? LOL
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options

I was thinking of making a goal for my 30rd birthday, which is 1/28...to get down to 147. Do you think even though I"ve been plateaued for a year that I can lose 5 pounds in a month? LOL

I bet you could. You are on a roll!!!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I am really hoping I will see 139 tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Awesome, Sas! I am not sure if I mentioned this already, but I am also starting the hybrid on the third. Can't wait!

Let me know how it goes on the 3rd? I'm still interested in seeing the schedule you have, if you don't mind?

I'm thinking that 5lbs is do-able too, by the way!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone for not pigging out between xmas and new year

In the past i've seen it as a free week but not anymore, on boxing day i went for a 5 mile run, 27th the same, 28th and 29th I did 2 sessions of 30DS, today just 1 30DS and a run later after taking my girls for a long walk.

Really excited for next week, i should be getting my new BFBM and 6W6P dvds to try out, has anyone tried these?

:) Hi there - wow! You're getting some great workouts in. Looks like we do some of the same stuff. I have BFBM and find it's a good workout. I especially like the kickboxing moves she works into it. You'll have to tell me what you think. :) I just got 6W6P and did it today for the first time. WOW does she make me work! It was really good though. I'm just not sure if I'll have the grit to do it every day for 6 weeks. If I have a buddy who's also going through it, that would help. Can't wait to hear what you think of these two workouts! :)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Amy, I just wanna say good luck with hitting your goal for your B-day! You can do it!

Jeannie, :) thumbs up. Thinking about your food and logging every bite - it all ads up. I"m working on improving in this area as well. :)
  • vaavamom1
    vaavamom1 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    count me in .... i am forever trying to lose 20 lbs..
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I gained a little weight over the xmas break/vacation. I am going to have this be a starting point and I am going to lost 5 pounds this month no matter what!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 150
    GW:135

Other info:
    Job: Preschool Teacher (whoohooo summers off)
    Married to the same man for 20 years.
    2 daughters 14 and 16
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My last weigh-in of 2010. Since Thanksgiving I've been up and down with the same 2 pounds. Today I was up 2 pounds. I really hate the scale. I'm only weighing in 2 times a month - it just drives me crazy!! Not going to worry about it. I will get to where I want to be. Going to try to start paying more attention to hunger or cravings!!

Happy New Year everyone!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I hope it's okay that I'm using this thread as an accountability check. My workout goal for today is to complete Jillian's Six Week Six Pack.

I did it yesterday, it was a great (and challenging) workout. What I liked about it was that it is definitely also a cardio workout, so in addition to strengthening core muscles, calories are getting torched. I'm definitely feeling it everywhere and wonder if I have the grit to make it through the entire workout again, sore muscles and all.

Maybe the thought of reporting back victorious will be enough to get me through. Here goes. :):drinker:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Okay, I did it. The prospect of coming back here, shame-faced and saying I couldn't do it was enough to motivate me. I did the 6w6p dvd and then a cardio kickbox. Feel pretty good, if I ignore my aching muscles! ;)

Happy New Year all! You are an inspiration. :)
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Hello to all the newbies to the thread!

Great job on all those workouts!

Smiles--We're here to help keep you accountable. That's the stuff I post about.

Well, I finished the Turbo Fire 5 Day Inferno yesterday...down 2.6 pounds and 4.25 inches! I lost 2 whole inches off my waist!!! I am taking a rest day today (and eating too much but will correct that tomorrow), and I am planning to do a Bob Harper dvd I got for Christmas tomorrow. Rest day on Sunday, then let the TF/CLX hybrid start on Monday. I'm so excited!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Well, I finished the Turbo Fire 5 Day Inferno yesterday...down 2.6 pounds and 4.25 inches! I lost 2 whole inches off my waist!!! I am taking a rest day today (and eating too much but will correct that tomorrow), and I am planning to do a Bob Harper dvd I got for Christmas tomorrow. Rest day on Sunday, then let the TF/CLX hybrid start on Monday. I'm so excited!!!

Yeah, hello everyone! Welcome! :)

Thanks, Amy. It really does help. Great job with TF - that's amazing that you've whittled 2.5 off your waist. :) Very encouraging. Good for you for incorporating rest days. :)

Out of curiosity - do you have a specific "weigh in" day that you change your stats on MFP? Do you weigh daily but just report the number once a week? I'm thinking I should start a routine. I tend to be all over the map in terms of how often I weigh and update.
  • Amy_B
    Options

Yeah, hello everyone! Welcome! :)

Thanks, Amy. It really does help. Great job with TF - that's amazing that you've whittled 2.5 off your waist. :) Very encouraging. Good for you for incorporating rest days. :)

Out of curiosity - do you have a specific "weigh in" day that you change your stats on MFP? Do you weigh daily but just report the number once a week? I'm thinking I should start a routine. I tend to be all over the map in terms of how often I weigh and update.
    I've decided since we weigh-in on this thread on Mondays that I would change my weight on MFP on Mondays as well. It's just easier that way.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve to all. I had a GREAT day! I ate out EVERY meal today BUT I stayed with in calorie range. I also got in a great workout.

There is so many people here and it's GREAT for the support and encouragement we need to lose "those last pesky 20 pounds"!

Skinny vibes to all! Have a safe night!
    Prekteacher2
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! Hope you all had a safe holiday. I did not over indulge which is a biggie for me! Today we go to Red Lobster, but I can eat healthy there.

I really, really need to start exercising regularly. Hope this thread can give me a kick in the butt!

Good luck every one in the New Year. May we all be losers!

1/1/11 CW: 155.0
    12/20/10 SW: 158.4

GW: 140ish
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Happy New Year to all. Does this tread restart daily or do we just keep posting here. Just wondering.

I went for a great workout. I met with a trainer today. OUCH! I'll be sore tomorrow (but a good sore). Plus I walked for 45 mins on the treadmill. I feel so better,

Teresa- You will get motivated to start exercising regularly! Just think about how much better you'll feel and help you get closer to your goals.:happy:

We are heading to a family members house for cards and games. I'm taking my D2 game for the Wii. I hope to get more exercise in so I can have a class or two of wine.

Skinny vibes to all!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    D2 is Dance 2 for the Wii. Very fun for the whole family.