Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello just dropping in to say I did my 20 minutes on break this morning of walking around the bldg. It comes down to about 1 mile or bit more. I felt energized when I returned to my desk. Also been drinking my water faithfully.

Think I found the secret...........diet and exercise, who knew??? :laugh:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I hurt my back swimming like a beast last night. I woke up early to try to do lifting but it hurt to bad. Did some pushups crunches and a 30minute run. Still did pretty good for hurting.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    No personals today, but welcome to the new members! I have a stomach flu, and I am trying to lay in bed as much as possible. :frown:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    No personals today, but welcome to the new members! I have a stomach flu, and I am trying to lay in bed as much as possible. :frown:

hope you feel better quickly Amy:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am learning over the past month that my body is reactive to certain foods, maybe all of us are.

I was down yesterday morniing after 3 days no sugar.

Yesterday we had dessert contest at work. I am in this for life so I am going to enjoy things like this, but smartly. The point is I did have sugar and today my hands are swollen to the point of needing soap to remove my rings. yesterday mornign they were swinging around my fingers!

Amazing! Our bodies are simply amazing.

I did my walking and water yesterday and will do so today also !:flowerforyou:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I have one friend that just got over the same thing, and another that is down today with it. *hugs* Hope you feel better soon!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Yuck!! Hope you feel better soon!
  • sas16
    Options
    Today I did TF Fire 45, Fire 30 and Core 20. Keep pushing myself til I'm a sweaty mess, but I feel good afterwards.
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Spring 2010 Starting weight: 162

MFP 11/10 Starting weight: 156
    12/23/10 Current weight: 151
    Goal weight: 1st: 143 then keep going.
    Family: married 10 years, 2 small children
    Date you started losing weight: Spring 2010
    Weight Lost to Date: 11 lbs (5 MFP)

I work out at least 3 times a week, mostly more. I don't go to a gym. I do everything in my livingroom.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Welcome, DJJW!

I am feeling a lot better today but not great. I lost 3 pounds being sick, and I don't have an appetite for all the goodies I made today. Hopefully the next three days (of festivities) won't be too bad for my weight. I hope to start the Inferno plan right after Christmas, as long as I feel okay.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I probably won't be back on until at least the 26th.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    I'm going to start the Inferno plan from Turbo Fire today. I weighed in at 155.6 this morning. It would be so freaking awesome to be out of the 150s by the end! I have been plateaued in the 150s for a whole year!
  • sas16
    Options
    I'm going to start the Inferno plan from Turbo Fire today. I weighed in at 155.6 this morning. It would be so freaking awesome to be out of the 150s by the end! I have been plateaued in the 150s for a whole year!
    Good luck with the Inferno plan! It should jump start the break in your plateau.

Today is my rest day, but I know I'm going to need to kick it into high gear now. I did my workouts Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but my food intake was out of control. Hate to see what the damage is when I weigh myself tomorrow.
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the Turbo Plan! My strategy to overcome this plateau is to really focus on calories as well as adding strength training (push ups and sit ups primarily). I do the treadmill for exercise because it works out well. My kids can play in the basement with me while I work out. I alternate between walking fast and jogging.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ladies! This week is still going to be crazy because for a Christmas present my husband and I always go to a quaint B&B for 2 days (and eat, drink wine, and sleep our way through the days). I still need to get batteries for my scale so I know where I'm starting from and how much I lose instead of "eye balling it"....lol! I feel like I've been in a food coma and I know when I detox from the sugar, it is not gonna be pretty!

Today I am going to do my strength training with Tracy Anderson Method and then tonight I will go to cardio kickboxing (which I love and haven't been to in quite some time). So I hate being the cliche "start January 1st" cause I'm a life long exercise junkie and not just a seasonal one...but I think with all that has been going on in my life the past month or so and the craziness of the past 2 weeks January 1st is looking like it is going to be the day of "getting serious" for me.

Hope you all had an amazing Christmas! Make healthy choices today! :)
  • mommyto2cuties
    mommyto2cuties Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A B&B sounds nice!

Hope everyone has a great start to the week :)
    My goal is to get to 139 this week. That would be AMAZING as it has not happened since 2003.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    The B&B sounds like a great Christmas tradition. :happy:

I'm getting back on track starting tonight. Going to do 30day shred and yoga. I didn't do too awful on the eating this weekend, surprisingly. Not sure I'm going to weigh in this week at all though. I don't want to get depressed. :laugh:
  • sas16
    Options
    Got on the scale and to my surprise...I maintained. Didn't lose anything, but wasn't expecting to the way I've eaten the last 2-3 days. But I didn't gain...so I'm happy about that!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Today's Monday...weigh in day! Search back through the thread to find your initial weight and then post today's weight too.

Starting Weight (12/20):
    Today's Weight (12/27):
    Difference:
    Overall Pounds Lost:
    Goal Weight:
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Starting Weight (12/20): 157.4
    Today's Weight (12/27): 154.4
    Difference: -3 :smile:
    Overall Pounds Lost: 3 pounds in challenge