Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    MONDAY WEIGH IN
    1/1/11 Starting weight: 137.4
    1/17/11 Current weight: 137.4 again :smile: (after bouncing up to 139.1)
    Goal weight: 132

So glad to see the extra pounds gone. Now comes the real challenge of moving down from here. My challenge: to step up the exercise by 1 day and and keep under my calories for 6/7 day. #7 is NOT a cheat day, I just figure there will be a "party" day in there. (Usually means going over by 100-200. Hasn't seemed to hurt me yet.

Hooray our group is moving down together!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Way to go: cupajoe, sas16, and Amy_B!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for this challenge: 172 - 12/22/10
    Current weight: 168.6
    Goal weight: 155-158
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    12/21/10 Starting weight: 170.8
    1/17/11 Current Weight: 173.3

Well I can't say I am that disappointed I am working out harder and more than ever, I would love to see the scale go down a little more this week, since I WI on monday and Friday just to see what the difference is.... Still fighting hard. I have heard that I might workout too hard with triathlon training for my body to lose weight. We will see about that. I need my daily exercise... hmmm.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I finally pulled my kister off the chair and hit the gym. I was so going to have a day of rest but then I realized I have wi tomorrow. I feel wonderful now.

Skinny vibes to all. I hope everyone is having a great day.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    O yea, I'm trying to figure out how to get my weight ticker to come up when I post eat time. Can someone please help me? I'm a computer dummy! LOL!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not even going to weigh in today. A family emergency on friday has left me at other homes and busy and away from all my normal things in life. It's also looking like Thursday before things can be normal. Yes, I could be working all my little energy left on working in my diet, maybe even some exercise but I'm just drained. I'm thinking at this point it's easier just to eat what people hand me and move on. But will positively be hoping back on my routine Thursday! I HOPE it's Thursday. Have a good week ladies.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    prekteacher,

If you look at technical help on the message board and enter "ticker" in the search box quite a few people have sought help for the same issue. I would have to do that if I wanted to change mine. Not so quick on the techie-end myself! Good Luck!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not even going to weigh in today. A family emergency on friday has left me at other homes and busy and away from all my normal things in life. It's also looking like Thursday before things can be normal. Yes, I could be working all my little energy left on working in my diet, maybe even some exercise but I'm just drained. I'm thinking at this point it's easier just to eat what people hand me and move on. But will positively be hoping back on my routine Thursday! I HOPE it's Thursday. Have a good week ladies.
    Hope everything turns out okay!
  • kaleohone
    Options

Hope all is well and looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been MIA for a while. I've not been seeing the scale move so I went through a couple of days of sabotaging myself (which lets face it isn't the first time this has happened...) then I realized that even though the scale wasn't moving, I FEEL better. I'm being active and working out at the very least 50 minutes each day and typically over an hour and a half most days. Usually when I am focused as I am now I drop weight quickly (always starving at night as I lay in bed to sleep though). This time it is different. I am eating for health of not only myself, but for my fertility and to decrease my risk of miscarriage again. So no I'm not shedding the weight persay, but I'm eating a healthy amount of calories (enough to lose, not enough to starve) and staying fit. Why should this make me feel like a failure if the scale isn't moving? So basically I'm here, feeling good, trying not to be disappointed in the lack of movement on the scale.... I've decided to give myself another week and will weigh on Friday.

Hoping you all are having a good day!
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. I never felt like I fit in the other ones.

12/20/10 Starting weight: 180
    12/20/10 Current weight: 140.6
    Goal weight: 120

Other Info...
    Family: married for 17 years; have two boys
    Date you started losing weigh: 1997
    tWeight Lost to Date: 40 pounds
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Thank you for starting this group. I never felt like I fit in the other ones.

12/20/10 Starting weight: 180
    12/20/10 Current weight: 140.6
    Goal weight: 120

Other Info...
    Family: married for 17 years; have two boys
    Date you started losing weigh: 1997
    tWeight Lost to Date: 40 pounds

Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Can i still join this group. I really need some motivation to get off these last 20.
    I feel stuck and frustrated.

MFP start weight 200
    Current 167
    Goal 145
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options

I'M BACK!!! So excited just to get on with my normal day! Looking forward to exercising and not having to feed anyone except for me and my own! Oh the joys of routine!!! Didn't weigh myself this morning. Figured I know what got ate and how NO exercise happend so while dwell on it. Gona just get back to it, and if I do it right maybe Monday I'll be back to 151 without problem. I did make some bad food choices, but didn't throw everything I know out the window. I think I'm more concerned with the lack or workouts! So we'll see Monday.
  • kaleohone
    Options
    @DJJW

Glad you're back!!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    So I've been following this low glycemic index diet and have been eating around 1200 to 1700 cals per day. I feel amazing. I'm being active and exercising for at the very least 50 mins per day, usually I do Tracy anderson method for strength training and then an hour of either treadmill or kickbox. The scale hasnt budged in 3 weeks...kinda frustrating since I FEEL thinner...
    and I'm not happy with the number either. I gained 8lbs since August and haven't lost it. I don't think a goal of 138-142 is unrealistic for me but I don't know what else to do! I'm stuck on this one...I've been able to lose 10lbs in 2 weeks if I wanted to, but I did it all wrong and was left starving! I really honestly feel good and am eating right (better than ever really), so I don't know why the weight isn't budging even a little bit! I even didn't weigh myself for over a week just to see if the scale would budge...and no bueno. GRRR!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    prekteacher,

If you look at technical help on the message board and enter "ticker" in the search box quite a few people have sought help for the same issue. I would have to do that if I wanted to change mine. Not so quick on the techie-end myself! Good Luck!

Thank you! i love your ticker! LOL, that sounded funny!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Hi ladies! I've been MIA for a while. I've not been seeing the scale move so I went through a couple of days of sabotaging myself (which lets face it isn't the first time this has happened...) then I realized that even though the scale wasn't moving, I FEEL better. I'm being active and working out at the very least 50 minutes each day and typically over an hour and a half most days. Usually when I am focused as I am now I drop weight quickly (always starving at night as I lay in bed to sleep though). This time it is different. I am eating for health of not only myself, but for my fertility and to decrease my risk of miscarriage again. So no I'm not shedding the weight persay, but I'm eating a healthy amount of calories (enough to lose, not enough to starve) and staying fit. Why should this make me feel like a failure if the scale isn't moving? So basically I'm here, feeling good, trying not to be disappointed in the lack of movement on the scale.... I've decided to give myself another week and will weigh on Friday.

I feel ya! I have seen the scale JUMP UP! But it's okay now that I had time to vent. I'm hoping it's muscle I'm gaining and not fat. I'll have to wait it out. Hopefully the scale will tell me something different on Tuesday.

Hang in there, we'll get over this hump!
    Hoping you all are having a good day!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Hi
    Can i still join this group. I really need some motivation to get off these last 20.
    I feel stuck and frustrated.

MFP start weight 200
    Current 167
    Goal 145

Sure the more the merrier! I have been so motivated since joining this group!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    prekteacher,

Thank you! I did it.