Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• turned40
    turned40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am excited to start with your group....
    Starting weight 200 lbs Jan2010
    current weight 150
    Goal weight 130
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I know that I don't post here often, but I do follow along with the conversations from time to time :laugh:

On New Years Day I was back up to 173.6 but as of today am officially back down & at my newest low of 171 :happy: & that's even with TOM!!!! I've determined my goal is anywhere from 157-162 since I'm getting close & know that there's not much left to lose. I've been gaining quite a bit of muscle in the last several weeks, which is probably why I'm not as stressed about the scale barely budging.

Great work everyone! These pesky final pounds are quite frustrating!!!
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I lost 1.5 lbs last week so I am hoping to see a loss again on Friday. I have had some food splurges but also so pretty intense workouts. I am going to work hard to eat healthy and work out all week. I am doing weight and strength training more so I know the scale might take a while to move. Still fighting! I am making a roast chicken dinner tonight with lots of veggies and salad.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies (especially those experiencing TOM like me and still losing)! No loss, no gain this week. I'm okay with that because I know I've been rocking the workouts and eating as I should the majority of the time. This week my goal is to only have 1 "free" meal (instead of the 3 last week). Hubby comes home on Wed night so it will be nice to get back into our routine together. Looks like I should have picked up several organic spaghetti squash when I was in the city. Now I'm just gonna have to wait until I have a reason to drive an hour to get a squash! lol! Living in small towns is really nice for some things, but definitely not for others (like unusual healthy foods, great fitness facilities, shopping!). Maybe one day I will learn how to garden...probably not, but never say never. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful successful week!

LW-150
    CW-150
    GW-135/140
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Joining in if I may!! It's a good day to get motivated since I am getting no-where!!

1/1/11 Starting weight: 137.4
    1/10/11 Current weight: 139.1
    Goal weight: 132

Other Info...
    Family: married 27 years with 5 kids 25 to 16 years in age. 2 sons-in-law and no grankids, yet :happy:
    Date you started losing weight: April 2009
    Weight Lost to Date:have been as low as 134 so that would be 26 lbs.

Going to pull it together and get back to regular exercise. The biggest obstacle for me is good living. Too many fun occasions and celebrations that involve food! So I won't complain but am looking for the way to "Live lean in this land of plenty!" (my blog, which I have been ignoring for some time!)

Looking forward to checking in with you all!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, ladies!

Congrats on the losses!

I had been about the same all week despite eating well and exercising consistently. Yesterday was my rest day, so of course, my weight was down today. Weird!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Lots of new faces... YAY!!! :) It's been great to read how well everyone has done this past week.

I can't report any visual successes (my scale number climbed and I'm not in the mood to measure). I reached my exercise goal and realized that with increased exercise, my TOM symptoms were VASTLY diminished. That is enough to qualify as a success in my book. I'm feeling strong, agile and happy with what I've accomplished - and refuse to let the scale dictate my mood. :) (Yet another success). :) Thanks to those of you who offered encouragement on my page. Much appreciated.

Love being a part of this strong, committed group!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    How is it possible that we have all experienced that time of the month at some point this past week? lol!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    How is it possible that we have all experienced that time of the month at some point this past week? lol!
    That is pretty funny! I had mine last week too!!

Today I did TF Fire 45 and Core 20. Pushed through it even though my hamstrings were super sore from doing CLX BC1 yesterday. Feel good. Now to hit the shower.

Have a great day everyone!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for months read this , uppted my calorie , went up in weight but now its slowly comming down again!

Are you eating enough?

Maybe this will help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

"Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode) "
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Actually got up @ 5:30 and went to work on the elliptical this morning. Now to continue the day with healthy eating and accomplish lots around the house. L- E -T - S - G - O ... Letsgo! Giving us a little cheer here! :wink:
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Aloha Everyone...
    I just logged on and saw this post. Would love to be a part of this fab group. I have been gaining and losing the last 20-15 pounds forever. I am back on again.
    Let's do this!!!

1/1/11 Starting weight: 143.8
    1/10/11 Current weight: 143.8
    Goal weight: 130

Other Info...
    Occupation: Divisional Administrator for a Distribution/Manufacturing company
    Family: married 7 years with 2 kids (5 year old twin girls)
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Welcome everyone! It's great to have lots of people for support! I have to wi today. I'll post later to see what i did!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I lost .8! Whoohoo! I wanted more but I'll take it.

I can't believe that I sat and watch Oprah and ate the WHOLE bag of Clancy's baked potato crisps! 1080 total calories. Good thing I got in some exercise!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    I lost .8! Whoohoo! I wanted more but I'll take it.

I can't believe that I sat and watch Oprah and ate the WHOLE bag of Clancy's baked potato crisps! 1080 total calories. Good thing I got in some exercise!

It is called 'mindless' eating and we've ALL done it! A suggestion next time would be to remove 1 serving of chips and put in a bowl. Place the bag back in the pantry and only take the bowl with you. I've also learned that you should really not do anything else except eat when you are eating. We tend to "forget" what we've eaten and the taste/texture of our food if we are watching tv, playing on the computer, etc.. Good for you for getting in your exercise though. One step at a time and one day at a time! :)

And congrats on the loss! I was even this week even with the increase in exercise. I think TOM got to me this week. Oh well...I feel good so I guess that's what really matters!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Options
    Another good day behind me...Now to add another to make it 3 in a row!!

"Good" = under calorie limit + exercise.

Looking to see if seven in a row = weight loss!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Burned 564 cals doing TF Fire 30 & CLX burn it off & recharge. Had a good food day yesterday, gotta keep it up.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Found another yummy recipe that I made! I will call it pear yogurt crumble :)

I took one pear and cut it up, added 1 tbsp of butter and sprinkle some cinnamon put in the micro for 3 mins
    added 1/2 cup of organic greek vanilla yogurt 1 tbsp of honey and then sprinkled 1/4 cup Ezekial almond cereal over top.

Yum!
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Hi All,

I did pretty good this weekend. I ran 13 miles on Saturday and did a body pump class and hiked Sunday....for me it is never an exercise problem, I love the food! I did stay within calories (well if I added some of the exercise cals in) I will have t try the spaghetti squash recipe, I have made it before...it was so-so.

Hope everyone had a great week-end!

Mary

This is my issue too Mary. I figure life is too short to not have that piece of cake or dinner with friends enjoying a margarita. I'm beginning to enter that stage in my life where I'm transitioning to eating more "clean" than low cal per say. My goals are to be healthy (I love exercise so that's not a problem) and if in my journey I lose 10lbs that will just be a bonus!
  • kaleohone
    Options
    Hi All,
    I was feeling pretty disgusted with myself this morning...I have been a member of MFP since Jan 09. I reached my goal and then got comfortable. Today I went back into my weight loss and gain records and was so shocked that
    1. I actually was that thin! WOW!
    2. I had let myself go and gained most of it back.

Seeing that goal weight really made me motivated to do it again and not get lazy or comfortable but to seriously do "this life changing" thing.

So, today at work, we celebrated my friends birthday with cake. I took a piece to be kind and put it in my food container and brought it home for my husband.

One day at a time right?