Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Doing awesome on food. Changing all my bad stuff to good stuff.

Down to 142.5 right now. I expected a big change given the load of sodium I was previously giving my body.

As for exercise, this will have to wait another week until my body heals.

But food.........salad, soup, veggies and chicken! I have salmon cooked and ready but just cant think of eating it.
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I have been somewhat MIA This was an intense few weeks. But Hey this is the beginning of the end! I did Jillian Michaels Shred it with Weights last night and it was pretty good, I need a kettle ball hehe. Today I am going to go on a walk run with a friend. I am being good about my food and I plan to stay good for the rest of the week. I really hope I can lose some of this weight I gained over the holidays by friday, I hate being up almost 3 lbs from 3 weeks ago :(
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! My co-worker brought in orange slices (candy, I LOVE them) and the next thing I realized I ate the whole bag! OUCH!! I didn't eat lunch after that. I did get in a treadmill walk and did some machines. I hope I didn't hurt myself when I step on the scales tomorrow night. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in (at Weight Watchers).

I hope very one is having a great Monday!
    Prekteacher2
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday to all! My co-worker brought in orange slices (candy, I LOVE them) and the next thing I realized I ate the whole bag! OUCH!! I didn't eat lunch after that. I did get in a treadmill walk and did some machines. I hope I didn't hurt myself when I step on the scales tomorrow night. I'm actually looking forward to weighing in (at Weight Watchers).

Prekteacher2

I know how that feels when a special treat that was unexpected finds its way into your day...I had to throw away a box of yummy chocolate treats (chocolate is my fav of course) that my neighbor brought over as a Christmas/New Years treat yesterday. It was a nice thought, but just because a temptation is placed in front of you, I don't let it derail my entire day (that is what got me here in the first place). I can't ever have "just one or two" so I've made sure that unless it is a planned treat in moderation, I don't even tempt myself.

Good job for making sure you got in some exercise and didn't just give up because of a small sidetrack. :)
  • prekteacher2
    Options

Prekteacher2

I know how that feels when a special treat that was unexpected finds its way into your day...I had to throw away a box of yummy chocolate treats (chocolate is my fav of course) that my neighbor brought over as a Christmas/New Years treat yesterday. It was a nice thought, but just because a temptation is placed in front of you, I don't let it derail my entire day (that is what got me here in the first place). I can't ever have "just one or two" so I've made sure that unless it is a planned treat in moderation, I don't even tempt myself.

Good job for making sure you got in some exercise and didn't just give up because of a small sidetrack. :)
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I don't think I quoted the right way, Sorry!

I really wanted to throw the bag away but I didn't! Good for you on tossing away those chocolates! Next time I'm going to put it away then when I get home toss them out.

Prekteacher:smile:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I forgot to weigh-in yesterday. Oops! I'm going to post today's weight instead. I am up a bit from last week but down overall. Trying to kick some major butt this week though!

12/20/10 Starting weight: 157.4
    1/4/11 Current weight: 154.0
    Goal weight: 135
    Difference: -3.4

I'm on day two of the Turbo Fire/ChaLean Extreme hybrid. I'm going to use the tready during Biggest Loser tonight too. Keep rocking, ladies!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Amy~Don't worry about the little gain, you'll get that right off! Great idea :wink: about working out while watching BL tonight. I'll do my stretches and lift some arm weights while watching. I will post my weigh-in later. I'm killing time now before I go.

I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Just curious - who on the thread watches Biggest Loser and who doesn't? I haven't been on the bandwagon but maybe I should tune in. :)

I met last week's exercise goal of 6 hours for the week. Today was kind of a gnarly work day and I capped it off with some time on the elliptical and Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. Feeling good. :glasses:

Hope you're all having a good week so far. :flowerforyou:
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    :wink: I thought I would share that I lost 3.4 this week! Whoohooo!!! Good night to all.:happy:
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Just curious - who on the thread watches Biggest Loser and who doesn't? I haven't been on the bandwagon but maybe I should tune in. :)

I met last week's exercise goal of 6 hours for the week. Today was kind of a gnarly work day and I capped it off with some time on the elliptical and Jillian's 6 week 6 pack. Feeling good. :glasses:

I do watch BL. I have watched every season.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    :wink: I thought I would share that I lost 3.4 this week! Whoohooo!!! Good night to all.:happy:
    GREAT JOB!!!

I watch BL and have since the first season as well. There are definitely some things anymore that turn me off (excessive advertising during the show), but I still watch. I like to workout during it. I did the tready last night (just walking).
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Ah.... working out to BL is a GREAT idea! That must be excellent motivation. Why did I never think of that?
    Then again, I would need to have a tv in the same room as the exercise equipment....
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Yay for you teach! :)
  • heathercrist1
    Options

I've watched BL for years but kinda lost interest last season. This season looks like it may be better though. And for some reason I am always hungry watching the show! lol! I've talked to several people who say the same thing. I wonder what the psychological reason is for that exactly...
  • heathercrist1
    Options

GREAT job! Keep it going! You are on a roll!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words! I felt so good getting of the scales last night!:bigsmile:

Did everyone have great day? I did. I was within my DC and I also got in a workout. I will say that I'm ready for the week end. I wanna cook some soups so I can freeze them. I really enjoyed BL last night until my dvr stopped. Who was the team who was below the yellow line? I wonder if I can watch on my laptop.Hmm...

Skinny vibes to all and I'll chat with everyone on Thursday.:smile:
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a good day and made good choices! I had a pretty productive day. I'm starting to really like how I feel eating like this. No more ravenous sugar cravings! I'm sure I'll have my temptations, but as for now...I'm doing great! I'm also my worst enemy and hardest critic. I did a 45 minute Tracy Anderson toning video with my good friend and then we went to the gym and did 30 mins on the elliptical (intervals with 5 and 8) and 30 mins on the treadmill with a 3 incline at 4 mph AND then I took my dog for a 25 minute walk (in the cold, burrrr!). And then I was getting down on myself for not making it to cardio kickbox tonight.... If anyone else came to me with the same "problem" I'd tell them they needed to shower up, slip on some jammies and call it a day! lol! Why are we so hard on ourselves?

Well hope you all have a wonderful night and a great Wednesday!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Hey ladies! Hope everyone had a good day and made good choices! I had a pretty productive day. I'm starting to really like how I feel eating like this. No more ravenous sugar cravings! I'm sure I'll have my temptations, but as for now...I'm doing great! I'm also my worst enemy and hardest critic. I did a 45 minute Tracy Anderson toning video with my good friend and then we went to the gym and did 30 mins on the elliptical (intervals with 5 and 8) and 30 mins on the treadmill with a 3 incline at 4 mph AND then I took my dog for a 25 minute walk (in the cold, burrrr!). And then I was getting down on myself for not making it to cardio kickbox tonight.... If anyone else came to me with the same "problem" I'd tell them they needed to shower up, slip on some jammies and call it a day! lol! Why are we so hard on ourselves?

Well hope you all have a wonderful night and a great Wednesday!

Glad to hear your eating plan is working out for you. It makes a big difference when you find yourself feeling better! I try to follow "food combining' principles about 80% of the time. It helps with my digestion and I feel TONS better and am way less bloated as a result. Good for you with the workouts too. I have to say - you must have endless energy. Reading about your workouts, I feel like a slacker!

I did Jillian's BFBM today and also the 6W6P. That one is quickly becoming my favorite workout b/c things are feeling tighter and firmer FAST. :)
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Good work!