Anyone interested in a "Those Last Pesky 20 Pounds" Group?

Options

Replies

• mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I used to watch BL, but sometimes it is the same ol' same ol'. Don't know...maybe I will watch it this year. On another note, I am finally under 150...but not changing my weight until I can maintain it for a week. I get under and then the weekends do me in. This weekend I have a 11 mile run and a hilly hike, so maybe that will keep me focused.

I have been doing more strength training and man oh man when I was running yesterday, my arms, chest and shoulders were sore, I wanted to hold my chest and run....I did injure myself with loading down the bar heavy for squats and now my neck hurts and not able to fully turn and look left without turning my body as well. :(

Thanks for listening....

Hope everyone has a great day :)

mary
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting as much lately, ladies. I returned to week this week after 2 weeks off, and it's busy. Just to give you an idea of what my day looks like so you'll understand... :wink:

4am--Get up to exercise.
    5am--Shower
    5:30am--log food/exercise, use FB
    5:45am--get kids up, feed them a snack, get them dressed, pack lunches, eat breakfast myself (Finally!), make coffee
    6:30am--Leave for work
    7:10am--Drop kids off at daycare and kindergarten
    7:30am to 4pm--Work
    4:15pm--Pick up kids and head home (on a good day this is the time)
    5:15pm--arrive at home, start dinner
    6:30pm--give kids baths
    7:00pm--play with kids or at least try to keep them in line
    8:00pm--Put kids to bed, maybe watch a bit of tv and use the internet some
    9:00pm--watch tv to help me fall asleep
    9:30pm--go to bed

NOT MUCH EXTRA TIME! LOL

Anyway, I am rocking the exercising and counting calories this week! I am not eating back many if any exercise calories. I want to see if that'll work for me.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Good Thursday evening. I had a great day until after lunch. I had a "few" peppermint patties! I did say within my calories. I had a meeting with my personal trainer and he kicked my tail. Boy, I'm going to feel it tomrrow!

I do have a couple of the BL dvds. I should get them out to change up my workouts. I hope everyone had a great day. Whoohoo, tomorrow is Friday. Anyone have any plans? My daughter is having friends over other than that nothing going on. I'm going to go for a nice walk on the treadmill. What a exciting life I lead! LOL!

Skinny vibes to all and have a GREAT Friday!
    Prekteacher2
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Happy Friday!!

Today I started the TF/CLX hybrid. The stretch 40 class is what was scheduled for today. Did that. The stretching felt really good. Did Fire 30 before it though. I'm doing a final week of the burn 3500 calories challenge and still needed to burn more to get there, so the stretch/yoga wasn't going to cut it. Made the goal. Yay! I've been doing this challenge for the past month so I've been pushing myself at frenetic pace with my workouts. The hybrid starts slow as far as cardio so I'm going to need to adjust. I've been used to higher calorie burns. Lower cal burns means I'm really going to have to watch my cal intake!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    :wink: I thought I would share that I lost 3.4 this week! Whoohooo!!! Good night to all.:happy:

GREAT JOB!!!

I just started this on Sunday...so I didn't post a weigh-in on Monday.

Jan.2nd weight...155
    CW...149
    GW...135

So I lost 6lbs this week and am back to my "before holiday" weight;)
    I have not been real regular about working out. I try to work out 3times a week at least. This week I played a LOT of Just Dance with the kids, and have gone for walks on the couple of non-freezing days we had earlier in the week.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    :wink: I thought I would share that I lost 3.4 this week! Whoohooo!!! Good night to all.:happy:

GREAT JOB!!!

I just started this on Sunday...so I didn't post a weigh-in on Monday.

Jan.2nd weight...155
    CW...149
    GW...135

So I lost 6lbs this week and am back to my "before holiday" weight;)
    I have not been real regular about working out. I try to work out 3times a week at least. This week I played a LOT of Just Dance with the kids, and have gone for walks on the couple of non-freezing days we had earlier in the week.

Whoohoo, on getting back to your "preholiday" weight! We have the same GW! We can do get there and stay! I'm off to meet with my trainer. Have a great day. Skinny vibes~~!
  • sas16
    Options
    Rest day today. Always hard to stay within my 1200 calorie goal on rest days. Going to try really hard. Although if I'm only over by like 100 or so, that's pretty good for me. :)
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    Rest day today. Always hard to stay within my 1200 calorie goal on rest days. Going to try really hard. Although if I'm only over by like 100 or so, that's pretty good for me. :)

You can do it! I'm the same way on my rest day. I try to get more exercise in during the week to help off set my rest day. Have a great day. Skinny vibes to ya~~~!
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I had to great days of getting in exercise this week end. I'm hoping it'll show on the scale Tuesday! I'm making Taco soup for dinner!

How was everyones week end?

Skinny vibes to all~~~!:happy:
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I also did phenomenal this week with exercise. I ate as planned 85% of the time this week. So I think that that's pretty good. My only non-planned meals were I ate a breakfast casserole at my friends house when she invited me over for dinner (which I know I didn't go over on my cals that day), then I treated myself to two slices of meat lovers thin crust pizza (which I only ate the 2 pieces) and 1 cup of Ben & Jerry's....well who only eats ONE cup? lol! So I ended up eating the whole pint but managed to only go over by a little on my calories. And then we went to a mexican restaurant and I ordered the steak & chicken fajitas with onions and green peppers and only ate that and gave the tortillas, rice, beans, and sour cream away. I only had like 15 chips with salsa (where normally we would have ate 2 basket fulls!). So all in all I think for the entire week these "unclean" "unhealthy" meals weren't too bad.

Making spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs tonight for dinner...can't wait!

All in all had a decent weekend. Don't think my scale budged any due to the fact that it is "that time of the month" so I'm going to expect that for tomorrow's weigh in.
  • prekteacher2
    Options
    I also did phenomenal this week with exercise. I ate as planned 85% of the time this week. So I think that that's pretty good. My only non-planned meals were I ate a breakfast casserole at my friends house when she invited me over for dinner (which I know I didn't go over on my cals that day), then I treated myself to two slices of meat lovers thin crust pizza (which I only ate the 2 pieces) and 1 cup of Ben & Jerry's....well who only eats ONE cup? lol! So I ended up eating the whole pint but managed to only go over by a little on my calories. And then we went to a mexican restaurant and I ordered the steak & chicken fajitas with onions and green peppers and only ate that and gave the tortillas, rice, beans, and sour cream away. I only had like 15 chips with salsa (where normally we would have ate 2 basket fulls!). So all in all I think for the entire week these "unclean" "unhealthy" meals weren't too bad.

Making spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs tonight for dinner...can't wait!

All in all had a decent weekend. Don't think my scale budged any due to the fact that it is "that time of the month" so I'm going to expect that for tomorrow's weigh in.

I've had meal days like that. Great job on getting in exercise in. It could be worse with out it! Spaghetti squash Ive never had it. I don't think I would know how to cook it. I will give it a try sometime. Argg..on TOM! I always gain big but then I know I'll have a nice loss the following week. Do you weight at home or go to like Weight Watchers? I attend Weight Watchers on Tuesday nights.

Have a great night.
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Heather--Great job on the eating! Sorry about TOM. I am in the same boat as you...ate great and have TOM, so the scale's not being nice.

Week one of my CLX/TF hybrid is in the books. I did have some ice cream today, but it was light. I only went over in calories a little. It's better than the Dairy Queen I wanted. :wink:

Off to make some lowfat/homemade granola then dinner.
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Amy at least we will have a legitimate excuse for not having a stellar weight loss week tomorrow...damn water retention! lol!

Prek, spaghetti squash is squash but when baked and then ran through with a fork it has the same consistency as spaghetti noodles (that's why they call it spaghetti squash). I'm making mine with turkey meatballs and organic sauce. I've never had it but have heard wonderful things about it. Here is the recipe:

http://www.thedietsolutionprogram.com/content/2010/09/spaghetti-squash-turkey-meatballs/

OR

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/spaghetti-squash-super-thick-bolognese/

I weigh in at home. I did weight watchers several years back but didn't have much success because I've got PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and have to eat a low glycemic index diet. I follow the diet solution which is an eating plan that in a nut shell is very clean (organic, no preservatives, no artificial sweeteners, no processed foods) way of eating that for me has a high protein plan I can follow. I would eat 1200 cals worth of oats and bananas and would gain weight! When I load up on carbs I fail every time. I do feel pretty amazing eating like this though. However, I am human after all and it shows by my pint of Ben & Jerry's on Friday night! lol! As much as I don't crave the sugar anymore, I will always have a special place in my heart for sweets (never met a cookie, brownie, cake, or ice cream I didn't like!). lol
  • heathercrist1
    Options
    Just finished eating my new favorite meal...spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and sauce! YUMMO! It was absolutely delish and I didn't feel deprived not having pasta. The squash actually tastes like angel hair pasta. I added a little bit of shredded cheese to it as well. I cooked the squash like the Rachael Ray recipe and made the turkey meatballs exactly like the other recipe and then just used organic sauce. Can't wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow! :o)
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Just finished eating my new favorite meal...spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and sauce! YUMMO! It was absolutely delish and I didn't feel deprived not having pasta. The squash actually tastes like angel hair pasta. I added a little bit of shredded cheese to it as well. I cooked the squash like the Rachael Ray recipe and made the turkey meatballs exactly like the other recipe and then just used organic sauce. Can't wait to eat it for lunch tomorrow! :o)
    I make a great spaghetti squash recipe that has turkey smoked sausage, tomatoes, herbs, and parmesan cheese. yum!
  • mafery
    Options
    Hi All,

I did pretty good this weekend. I ran 13 miles on Saturday and did a body pump class and hiked Sunday....for me it is never an exercise problem, I love the food! I did stay within calories (well if I added some of the exercise cals in) I will have t try the spaghetti squash recipe, I have made it before...it was so-so.

Hope everyone had a great week-end!

Mary
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone. Here for the weekly weigh in

No loss or gain, but...........measured this morning, down a 1/4 inch all around!! I like that better than a pound!

Good luck to everyone else this week. I hurt my knee somehow yesterday, don't know how its going to hold up today, and I've had a friend staying with us this last week and possibly next and it throws off my routine, I'm trying to get as much in as possible, so we'll see.
  • sas16
    Options
    Starting Weight (12/20): 144.4
    Today's Weight (1/10): 142
    Difference: 2.4
    Overall Pounds Lost: 3.4 pounds in challenge
    Goal Weight: 130

Started the TF/CLX hybrid on Friday. I'm somewhat following the schedule. I'm throwing in extra cardio. The TF program totally made me a cardio junkie! LOL!!

Today Burn Circuit 1 was on the schedule. Started with TF Fire 30 & HIIT 15, then did Burn 1. 506 calories burned.

Hope everyone had a great week and has a good weigh in as well!!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    12/20/10 Starting weight: 157.4
    1/10/11 Current weight: 153.0
    Goal weight: 135
    Difference: -4.4
  • mafery
    Options
    Oh, did I fail to mention I am still at 150! Oh well, when I decide to not eat a BAB (big *kitten* burrito) then I will see progress.