What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    It's actually what I added that has helped me.

I was trying to be super strict and then would binge when I allowed myself to snack.

Now I have a treat on most days (usually ice cream) and it prevents me from feeling deprived.
  • fannybee
    fannybee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I cut SODAS lol and started moving and pre-logging everything helped me a lot.
  • snamuduri
    Options
    Rice, bread, pasta and limited added sugar to one tea spoon a day.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Age 10: cut out sugar soda
    Age 20: cut out juice of all kinds
    Age 25: cut out all salad dressings including mayonnaise
    Age 30: cut waaaaaay down on fried foods and donuts (stomach can't tolerate them)
    Age 35: cut out french fries (OK, maybe once/month now)
    Age 40: cut waaaaaay down on desserts and sweets, competely cut out crappy coffee shop pastries. Cut down pasta, bread, and carbs. Cut out all fast food restaurants except Subway. Cut out "big breakfasts" like pancakes and waffles.

No weight loss. Continual weight gain, in fact, in spite of the fact that all habits above have pretty much persisted, because for each thing that was cut, some other calorie-dense food was (apparently) added. For example, I eat more meat, drink more alcohol, and eat more nuts and cheese than I did at age 20 or 25. If you cut out donuts but eat an equal number of calories in macadamia nuts, your weight won't change.

Age 45: Finally losing weight by tracking calories and eating whatever I like if it fits in my calorie limit. I've added some sweets back in, but can't afford anything else I'd already cut. I prefer to eat fresh whole foods anyway.
  • AsianDanDQ
    Options
    I didn't cut out any particular food. I cut out the habit (of over eating and drinking). I'm more mindful of the amount I eat (and drink). So far so good.
  • Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just getting started, but I think one change that might be making the most difference is cutting out soda. I was drinking like 2 liters a day, and now I'm just water all the time. After I kicked the caffeine addition (which sucked, but just for a couple days) I felt much better, my complexion has cleared up, and I feel like I have more energy.
  • raindrop373
    Options
    I eliminated soda from my diet...i was drinking anywhere from 2-6 PER DAY. Yes, I know, very very bad. But, now I feel much better and just drink lots of water/tea.
  • jhs247
    Options
    Best response I've ever seen
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always drank diet caffeine free coke, I walked everywhere
    but i ate far too much junk food.
    Ive cut down on chocolate, crisps, chips, pizza, take out and even the coke, no calories but doesnt ''feel' healthy
    Ive started cooking properly, jacket potatoes, mash, chicken breast from fresh not out of the pack.

Eat healthier and exercise, start like that.
    If you decide to cut out everything like white bread and potatoes and rice and never eat a carb or never have the odd pizza, you know you will give up. (I do!)
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I ADDED a food scale to my routine.
    I ADDED working out in the mornings, no matter how tired I am.
  • jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have not cut out anything; I have:
    Replaced half and half creamer in my coffee for 1% milk
    Cut down my servings of wine each week
    Passed on chips or treats that I don't really want.
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Alcohol - don't need it and don't miss it (both the direct calories and the bad case of "the munchies" it would cause).
  • cookieinbk82
    cookieinbk82 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and laziness
  • jacqueline1323
    jacqueline1323 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Candy, chips, soda and cookies. Basically I cut out foods that have too much sugar because I use to have A LOT of acne. And it really worked. I only get ocassional pimples and lost weight.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    my fav--cheese
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just stop going to buffet

Ssmi359.jpg

Love your response!
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Soda!
    This
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    No specific items, I'm choosing to fit most foods that I like into my calorie allowance.

But I've asked my old man not to bring potato chips into the house.

And I've added a lot of nice leafy greens to my meals.
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I actually still love the buffet near my house! Though I haven't been in a while, I definitely went there often and still lost weight when I first started MFP, because they have great choices available like steamed bok choi, asparagus, broccoli, baked fish, chicken skewers, tom yum soup etc. I just decided there are lots of things they offer (fried everything, rice, ice cream etc) that are Not for me, and I choose accordingly. I even have people comment how healthy I must be because I load up on steamed green veggies (instead of rice) and simpler dishes that don't look all crispy-fried or too saucy. We still have a great time out together, and I don't have to go over my calories, either! :D
    Just stop going to buffet

Ssmi359.jpg

Love your response!
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I didn't really cut anything out (I don't eat much sugary stuff or processed food anyway) but I added a ship-load of lean protein. Adjusting my macros for more protein was the best thing I ever did.