What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started measuring the olive oil and butter-type foods I was cooking with. Realized I was easily adding 1/4 cup of EVOO to my stir fries or soup bases. Cut that back to teaspoons or tablespoon with out sacrificing flavor :-)
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The tags......out of my clothes. :bigsmile:
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Potato chips, French fries, wheat thins and other type snack crackers, cookies. Then 2 slices of bread turned into 1, servings of cake, ice cream etc, were cut in half. For all of the above, I changed to fresh fruit, low fat yogurt, all natural Skippy Peanut butter with honey, and no fat cottage cheeze.
  • Prettypedalpower
    Options
    Fizzy drinks and bread rice pasta chocolate biscuits and crisps. Oh and fried food. More importantly I started daily exercise. And gradually some of those foods are back in. But I'm close to goal. And happy with myself now
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut it out, but I stopped drinking a lot less - Coke.

I used to drink over half a 2liter a day. Almost daily. Sad times.

Now I only have it once a week - 16 oz at most.
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I cut out sugar and sugary treats.Salty snacks. White rice and white flour. In one month I lost 19#
  • jeanlake
    jeanlake Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    fast food -- except veggie burgers -- no excuse to 'drive thru'
  • chklet37
    Options
    Home fries with my morning breakfast. Cut back on carbs all together really.
  • JoeScar1964
    Options
    Less Diet Pepsi, aim for 100 ounces of water a day....

No sodas/90+ oz. water. Lost 6 to 8 lbs over a few months with this alone.
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Nothing - I just eat smaller portions and we eat out less often.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    second helpings...
  • fitnessqueeninnyc
    Options
    Cut back on simple carbs and alcohol... Noticed I'm not as bloated and handling business (you guys know what I mean) a lot easier... lol
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Getting drinks at restaurants or when I eat lunch. It's strange, but I noticed when I stopped that there's just such a cultural push for people to have a drink every time they eat a meal. My family were like "Why aren't you getting a drink" they all have soft drink or alcohol for the sake of it, and it is always the first thing they ask you at restaurants, and so many take away style meals come with a meal deal with a drink.
    I felt guilty for not ordering a drink at a restaurant, like I was cheap. But in reality, I'm not thirsty, my urine is clear, If I get soft drink it's full of sugar, not going to fill me up and it'll add onto my daily calories, so why should I? so now I get water or carry a drink bottle in my handbag and if I'm genuinely needing a drink i'll get water or have my own, but I don't get drinks just cause someone has asked for my drink order, or because it's a social thing.
  • at_night_bookstore
    Options
    alcohol and a girlfriend... both made me lose 50lbs...