What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options

Replies

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Quote: "Alcohol was the second one. No more empty calories and drinks that led to lowered inhibitions and then to desserts."

Amen to this! For me it always leads to pasta... mounds of it. I won't say I'll never touch it again, because I know I will, but while I'm in active weight loss I absolutely must keep it to a bare minimum... zero is best.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Cardio
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    excuses
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    procrastination - just get up and do what you've got to do
  • jesszing
    jesszing Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Gluten containing products.

You mean PRODUCTS containing GLUTEN...?
  • Salome74
    Options
    Wine and soda. I replaced them with ice cold water. I know some people prefer room temperature but I knew I'd never drink it as much if I did that. :smile:
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    pastry. too many pies and nightime danish.

for all those that said soda, were you all still drinking full fat coke etc?
    i dont know anyone in the uk over age 14 that still drinks that stuff.

i use diluted juice concentrate. robinsons barley etc. to consume gallon of water daily.minimal cals.

Coca cola does not have fat.

But if Coke had ever made such a product, like say cola filled donuts, I probably would have been first in line to try it!
  • whateverfloats
    Options
    Muffins, bagels, and scones.

They are super carb dense and don't fill you up much.
  • shrinkingshreya
    shrinkingshreya Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My beloved beer! I didn't cut it out completely but seriously watch the intake. I used to go through a six pack every weekend and wondered why I was having a hard time losing weight! Hah!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    My unrealistic expectations.

Also, for 6 months I cut full sugar soda. It helped reset my palate and now things that were bitter to me are sweet. It was an unexpectedly pleasant surprise. Now I just drink diet soda, which tastes alot better to me now (always had an after taste to me, but now it doesn't!).
  • laurielane6
    laurielane6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cut carbs!!
  • pitbull_vampire
    Options
    Soda and milk. Switched to almond milk made a huge difference. Soda is a once in a while treat and never drink diet soda worse then the real stuff
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Excessive snacking at night that brings me above my planned calories for the day. It still happens from time to time, but it's cut down dramatically.

Also, no more huge chocolate chip cookies from the cafeteria downstairs at my work.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I found the biggest difference was ADDING fruits and veggies--filled my plate and didn't leave as much room for the other stuff.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    Relationship/ dating

Boy can those things make you gain weight and lose focus!!
  • paulasews
    Options
    pastry. too many pies and nightime danish.

for all those that said soda, were you all still drinking full fat coke etc?
    i dont know anyone in the uk over age 14 that still drinks that stuff.

i use diluted juice concentrate. robinsons barley etc. to consume gallon of water daily.minimal cals.

Coca cola does not have fat.

But if Coke had ever made such a product, like say cola filled donuts, I probably would have been first in line to try it!

A lot of us call it full fat coke in the uk. We don't think it has fat in it, it's just a funny way to say non diet coke. I actually know a lot of adults here that drink fat coke, myself included up until two months ago. I think it's less damaging than diet coke and I prefer the taste.

I just had fun filling in a food diary imagining what I might have eaten today if I weren't watching what I ate. I got to the 4,000 kcal mark! That wouldn't have been an average day but it wouldn't have been too unusual for a Friday :( hope I never slip back
  • mallorytravels
    mallorytravels Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I gave up conventional bread and pasta (as in made with wheat/gluten).
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My ex. I cut him out and it's made a HUGE difference!!
  • MLouis1
    MLouis1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Soda!
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    fast food...dont miss it at all