What item did you cut out that made a difference?

Options

Replies

• TurboLindsay
    Options
    Less soda and more water...really enjoying infused water. I don't even miss the pop. Taking baby steps instead of an extreme diet is the best approach for sure. Way more realistic and easy to stick to. That's how you build healthy habits so good job! :)
    I also find I am naturally drawn to healthy food choices when I'm working out routinely. I don't crave junk food nearly as much - my body doesn't crave junk food the way it does when I get lazy.
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Excuses and Laziness in regard to eating healthier more often and being active

I can't really say I cut anything out because I still have some bad eating (and drinking) habits. However, I try to keep them to a minimum.

So far, so good.
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Breads. It makes me bloat. I can eat flat breads.
    I try and stay away from processed foods.
    And lots of water.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Start by logging what you eat, not by depriving yourself. Once you have a better idea of your patterns, you'll see where you want to make changes.

This exactly
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    NEGATIVITY!
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    my ex lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Excuses.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Diary. Didn't cut it out entirely but cut way back on it. (Loaded with salt and saturated fat.)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I gave up the couch. Boom!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    What item did you give up that made the biggest impact on jump starting your weight loss?

excuses
  • meganmiedema
    meganmiedema Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I cut out meat and most animal products. When eating a mainly plant based diet I find it REALLY difficult to eat my allotted daily calories and I am rarely hungry. I've never been a huge meat eater but removing it from my diet has really helped with my health goals and reducing my fatigue through out the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Overeating.
  • FemWeight
    Options
    Instead of just cutting back on my food intake I actually started counting my calories. Omg the amount of calories in half the stuff I thought was decent to eat -lol .

Also, not drinking anything besides no sugar added juices and water. Unbelievable how much that has helped me.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Most alcohol because it led to me eating more things.

Replaced ice cream with frozen fruit bars.

I started measuring my portions of snack foods instead of mindlessly eating them from the bag or box and guessing at the number of servings I had.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    French fries. I always get garden salad or cole slaw instead of French fries when I eat out. It has made a world of difference.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Milk in my coffee. Never liked sweet coffee, but I used to make a french press of dark roast, then turn that into three cups of cafe au lait by warming up at least a cup of whole milk. I thought I'd never like black coffee, but I realized how many calories all that milk was seven days a week. I missed it at first, then I didn't, and now, I can honestly say I'd rather drink black coffee than creamy coffee. It's like a miracle. People's tastes really can change.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Excuses.

And the mentality of "cutting out" any food that I like.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    -Excuses
    -Being lazy
    -The belief that I have to cut out certain foods to lose weight. I eat everything I used to. Moderation is the key for me.
  • hbgirl85
    Options
    Processed meats like hotdogs and luncheon meat. I had no idea how much salt I was eating. And soda.
  • lmjannin
    lmjannin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ATM